February 18, 2011, 04:40:37 pm
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#76 Re: Parking at The Works
February 18, 2011, 07:35:22 pm
Quote from: Some Youtube Punter

Whenever I am having a difficult moment I will watch this clip.

I can not even explain why I find this so funny.

Its truly has an X factor.

:thumbsup: I fucking love that  :lol:

Me too.  ;D

I once showed it to my inlaws at Christmas when I was pissed saying 'This is really funny'  :oops:

dave

#77 Re: Parking at The Works
February 18, 2011, 08:26:45 pm
An anecdote along the lines of 'Cycling long distances to the works to get a free cuppa and chocolate bar...' and ways to cheat...

When I was a stoodent in Leeds, I'd quite often have a pre/post Almscliff/Caley fry up at the Otley cafe (Bridge St Cafe I believe it is really called- who's breakfast has only gone up from £1.95 to £2.95 in 18 years...) and its also a famous cyclists cafe.. 2 or three times when I was there, you could hear the distant jangling of jewelry and Jimmy Saville, sorry, Sir Jimmy would roll up on his road bike, fully lycra/ron hilled up, go and get a cuppa and a bacon roll and sit out in the sun being friendly to all and sundry. Good on him I used to think - still out on the bike at his age (he was high 60's then..).

Three years later, the then MrsT's house mates boyfriend was from Otley, and over a few beers I was relaying this tale to him. He used to live around the corner from the cafe, and scoffed at me - "pah, he used to park up a transit around the corner, get his bike out the back and cycle the 200m to the cafe"...  :-\

Do you recon he used to pull the same trick with the marathons? park up a transit 200mm from the Mall......

jonjon

• addict
#78 Re: Parking at The Works
February 18, 2011, 08:31:49 pm
Basically it's getting very busy down The Works, seriously guys can you expand next door, depressingly packed last night, what we need is some good weather and let the crags take the strain.

Quite put out that Graeme doesn't wear a uniform when directing traffic in the car park.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#79 Re: Parking at The Works
February 18, 2011, 09:03:03 pm
Don'y worry jon we are expanding, in a couple of weeks there will be something like an extra 150sqm compared with what was available last night  :whistle:

I was wearing a uniform last night: Cypher pants, Rab duvet and beanie  ;)

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#80 Re: Parking at The Works
February 18, 2011, 09:03:53 pm
An anecdote along the lines of 'Cycling long distances to the works to get a free cuppa and chocolate bar...' and ways to cheat...

When I was a stoodent in Leeds, I'd quite often have a pre/post Almscliff/Caley fry up at the Otley cafe (Bridge St Cafe I believe it is really called- who's breakfast has only gone up from £1.95 to £2.95 in 18 years...) and its also a famous cyclists cafe.. 2 or three times when I was there, you could hear the distant jangling of jewelry and Jimmy Saville, sorry, Sir Jimmy would roll up on his road bike, fully lycra/ron hilled up, go and get a cuppa and a bacon roll and sit out in the sun being friendly to all and sundry. Good on him I used to think - still out on the bike at his age (he was high 60's then..).

Three years later, the then MrsT's house mates boyfriend was from Otley, and over a few beers I was relaying this tale to him. He used to live around the corner from the cafe, and scoffed at me - "pah, he used to park up a transit around the corner, get his bike out the back and cycle the 200m to the cafe"...  :-\

Do you recon he used to pull the same trick with the marathons? park up a transit 200mm from the Mall......

According to  a marathon runner  that used to go  out with my sister , yes that's exactly what he did ...... Not quite as close as 200 mm though  :P

Dolly

• forum hero
#81 Re: Parking at The Works
February 18, 2011, 11:07:50 pm
Don'y worry jon we are expanding, in a couple of weeks there will be something like an extra 150sqm compared with what was available last night  :whistle:

I was wearing a uniform last night: Cypher pants, Rab duvet and beanie  ;)
And the patagucci fleece G. Don't forget that.

stevej

• menacing presence
#82 Re: Parking at The Works
February 19, 2011, 03:30:15 am
On a slightly more serious note some twats tried to break into my mates car parked in Sorby's tools (or whatever it's called) on friday night. Absolute amateurs though, they had tried to kick the windscreen in. No vandalism on any other cars and his wing-mirrors etc. were intact so as far as we can tell was just a shitty attempted robbery.

There was a satnav mount on the windscreen so watch your stuff...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#83 Re: Parking at The Works
February 19, 2011, 09:40:54 am

There was a satnav mount on the windscreen so watch your stuff...

:wall: Or don't leave expensive things in your car in full view?  :shrug:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#84 Re: Parking at The Works
February 19, 2011, 01:20:12 pm
.......Erm, sorry, but.....BIGGER SIGNS for the old and infirm......  :alky:

Perhaps you need glasses like Fatdoc?

ahem,

20:20 vision actuuuallly.

just a bit worried that I need a CT of my brain  :'(

or just stop working 60 hours a week  ::)

as for parking, after hrs you can use that layby opposite or  on the side street, which is all of 20m further to walk :shrug:

I have to drive past there about 5 times a week in the evening ( kids activities etc.. ) and might I say that the twats that park in the apex of the bend 3 m from the works entrance

deserve
- their lack of wing mirrors
- at least £100 fine.

The road than becomes one vehicle only, on a blind bend & no one in the works can see to get out!!
 ::)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#85 Re: Parking at The Works
February 21, 2011, 11:23:01 am
 :agree:

tomtom

• forum hero
#86 Re: Parking at The Works
February 21, 2011, 12:42:59 pm
Back to the op..
MrsTT had an unwanted parking 'notice' from Excel parking at the weekend. Wrongly booked for being in a pay and display out of chargeable hours. Thanks to he posts earlier she's now going to just ignore it. Apparently it's all a front from these companies, you should never pay or respond. Even if they decide to take you to court, it's a small claims CIVIL court where at worst case (ie it's never even got this far) you may have to pay the orig charge and a £30 court fee. That's it. No solicitors or bailiffs charges etc. Bunch of wankers... Don't pay. Loads of posts on moneysavingexpert forum about this.
T

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#87 Re: Parking at The Works
February 21, 2011, 12:58:25 pm
It's like most of these things. They rely on fear and ignorance. It's amazing how many people will panic and pay up when in receipt of an official looking letter instead of looking into it first.

The ACS Law cases being a prime example.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#88 Re: Parking at The Works
February 21, 2011, 08:27:43 pm
Did you ever see that photo of Jimmy with Peter Sutcliffe and Frank Bruno?

Disturbing

That team would sort out the parking at The Works - and form the basis of a good crime fighting team series

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2270180.ece

What  a truly utterly repellent piece of tosh masquerading as "journalism"

Bruno, then 47, later had to battle his own mental health problems,
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:35:37 pm by aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal