the shizzle > food & drink

Serious Delirium - the coffee thread

<< < (3/114) > >>

Adam Lincoln:
Time to buy a Gaggia classic. The bullet needs to be bitten!

Richie Crouch:
Good thread Andi!

I was wondering Tommy, if I order whole bean on the drop down menu - I'm assuming its roasted and ready to grind as I only have a grinder and not my own roasting machine!

Always keen to try some new coffee at home and drink the cheaper stuff in work in the cafetiere  :)

Clart:
I can second the aeropress, looks a bit like a penis pump so avoid getting them mixed up.

My main weapon of choice is the stove espresso maker. Cheap, and as Fultonius said, ideal for camping.

With a cafetiere, make sure you put a bit of cold water on the coffee before adding the boiling water to prevent a bitter taste.

slackline:
You're all mad, caffeine is a nasty drug. I'd rather a good dose of acid any day, look what it does to spiders in comparison to other "drugs"....

Normal

LSD

Mescaline/Peyote

Marijuana

Speed

Sleeping Pills

...and the one you're all craving for Caffeine

P.S. - I don't drink tea or coffee (but have dabbled with drugs a bit).

sjw:

--- Quote from: psychomansam on February 03, 2011, 05:58:55 pm ---B. Get a grinder. The only downside of this, is that once you grind your own, you realise how shit and stale all pre-ground coffee is.

--- End quote ---

You may have just solved my problem of what to spend the £30 John Lewis voucher I have left from Christmas! We drink the preground Illy stuff in a stove top, does grinding your own really make that much difference?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version