UKBouldering.com

issue: Downgrade the Peak/Cash for Grades (Read 135386 times)

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm

Steamboat Stello

• menacing presence
Remergence - 6b, shit problem
LIARD - 6c, great problem

:wave:

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck

[/quote]

The groove on the useful block (without the crack) is ridiculously hard for 5+. 
[/quote]

:agree: ...... I was going well on slabs last year , managed the 6a on the Lone Boulder and the 6b on the right hand end of the little slab next to remergence , but I couldn't even get started on  this little sod ..... 

clm

• forum hero
i think LIARD is easier than 6c. Depends if you french to the lip or not but still very straight forwards. Id even go so far as to suggest 6b. There are certainly harder 6a+ in the forest.

I've done it in wellies. Not 6c.

BOOM!  :lol:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Sick at Higgar feels very difficult for 5+. Can we have at least 6a please

Cheque's in the post

joeisidle

• addict

Tiger (on the tank) is seriously hard for 6a. Probably a 6b at least.

Heartily agree with this, even if it's a one-move-wonder I've still found many 6c-7as with far easier crux moves than this.

Dr T

• forum hero
:agree:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass

Heartily agree with this, even if it's a one-move-wonder I've still found many 6c-7as with far easier crux moves than this.

I didn't realise that it was in at 6a; that's just crazy talk.

One move probs are always hard to grade, but if I was... oh.... fuck the analysis - I'll give you £50 to bump it up to 6b+

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
I'll donate £100 if it gets removed from the list.  Shit problem.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

The groove on the useful block (without the crack) is ridiculously hard for 5+. 

Useful - thanks. I'm taking note.

abarro81

• forum hero
Agree with upgrades for both Tiger and Sick. Even if that's upgrading them to 7a.

joeisidle

• addict
From the point of view of someone who's spent way too much time on Churnet 6's;

-The little groove (problem 10 in the old guide) right of the undercut and sloper problems at Wright's Rock is never 5+, maybe I'm using a completely duff sequence but it felt around 6b (and miles harder than the 6a just right of it)

-Jill the Traverse is way too hard for 6b unless you can lank past the crux, 6b+ or even 6c in my book

-Problem 2 at Gentleman's Rock (the problem furthest left starting from a low ledge and finishing on jugs) should be 6b rather than 6c

-The central part of the Virgin Wall Traverse is probably too easy for 6b+, especially compared to some of the other traverses of a similar difficulty in the area

-Each of the sit starts at Cottage Rocks (the 6a and the 6b) should go up half a grade also imo.

Hope this helps/hasn't bored you to death Ru...

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
what about full power, soft on the g etc?

JamieG

• forum hero
Useful - thanks. I'm taking note.

Good, I'm glad it is helpful info.

I thought of a couple other problems that have potentially errant grades. When i started out i did't think there were many 6as to aim for. There where however, several very hard 5+s, which in hindsight are probably worthy of upgrades. Cleo's arete, the arete between the quarries at burbage south and sick (mentioned already by someone) are three toughies.

A couple very easy problems for the grade are, roof goof (not 6b, maybe 6a/+). The 6c wall left of the 7ball at burbage south is very easy for the grade (sorry can't remember the number in the guide, it is also left of jason's mantel). 6b right of razor roof is soft i reckon.

Hope that helps. If not, please disregard.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Just to give another view, I thought Tiger was ridiculously easy for 6A. Pull on with two good crimps and reach for a jug?  :shrug:

It certainly wouldn't get anything more in Font.

JamieG

• forum hero
Just to give another view, I thought Tiger was ridiculously easy for 6A. Pull on with two good crimps and reach for a jug?  :shrug:

It certainly wouldn't get anything more in Font.

I guess the problem is the crimps are good, but the feet are pretty small. I think because it is a one mover and essentially all about finger strength there will always be a spread of opinions. Also I've done much easier problems in font with higher grades, so swings and roundabouts i guess.

andy_e

• forum hero
Now you mention 7ball, it's not really 6c is it? Always had my arse handed to me on a plate every time I've tried it.

sharkey

• addict
What does the Fin at Gib Tor get,  6c sandbag?

Paul B

• forum hero
I take it some of you guys got some good crack this christmas  :shrug:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Tiger isn't hard- the crux is committing to the pain of catching that bastard crystally edge thing.

sharkey

• addict

So it's bog standard 6c then i take it! thought i heard somewhere it might be 7a, us punters need all the help we can get.

andy_e

• forum hero
Tiger is nowhere near 7a. 6b maybe.

sharkey

• addict
Oooops bare with, talking about  The Fin, Gib Tor, wish i hadn't asked now :-[

andy_e

• forum hero
Oh! I did the Fin one summer a long time ago when 6c was about my limit for one session - felt about fair, maybe 6c+?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass

You are a crimp hero who can boulder significantly harder than 6A (like 5 or 6 full grades or something), so your opinion on the grade of crimpy problems that are so far below your level will be like Sloper trying to give an opinion on how much better KFC is compared to Burger King; or me trying to differentiate between 4 and 4+.

I find doing Tiger first go just as hard as doing The Green Traverse (no heels obviously) first go. In fact, to give it a local comparison, I find it to be the same difficulty as Attitude Inspector.

No wonder I don't write guide books.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal