UKBouldering.com

issue: Downgrade the Peak/Cash for Grades (Read 135447 times)

205Chris

• forum hero
The Arete at Higgar is harder than 7A+
:agree:

jonjon

• addict
Rawhide at Apparent North - has it lost a pebble/razor blade? Is it now 7b?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
the storm feels hard for 7b+

The Storm only feels hard if you are in-flexible.

dave

I can't do tuesdays or every other sunday, but I still thought it was 7b.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
well I just can't get my heel up any more.

I've seen a video of axle doing wss (can't remember If he topped out tho ;))

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
OK so what about:

The arete at the right of the start of the Brain at Curbar?

The Enthusiast at Burbage North?

anymore?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters

Now there was no way that sloper is going to give up beating that mangled old drum is there. I think the grade given for Strawberries is pretty much on the money actually but if it does go up I won't complain... ;)

saltbeef

• forum hero
adam for your interest
i've done all (hence commenting on the grades) except the storm, which is why i consider it hard (i have only tried it once or twice though and my hips are fused through competitive running as a youth)
i did wss pre pebble break and have done it post pebble break. i don't deserve a medal for this.  :yawn:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Good good. I don't think The Storm should get an upgrade based on your hips though.

saltbeef

• forum hero
no, probably not, i should probably touch my toes a few times and not try it in the summer

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
your always touching your toes when I come round  :shag:

saltbeef

• forum hero
are my toes a euphemism for your anus?

Doylo

• forum hero
adam for your interest
i've done all (hence commenting on the grades) except the storm, which is why i consider it hard (i have only tried it once or twice though and my hips are fused through competitive running as a youth)
i did wss pre pebble break and have done it post pebble break. i don't deserve a medal for this.  :yawn:

What you've climbed multiple 7b+s and done the 4 minute mile???  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

saltbeef

• forum hero
wow 7b+. i feel like i've truely arrived!

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
adam for your interest

What you've climbed multiple 7b+s and done the 4 minute mile???  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I want proof, 3 independent witnesses who can each produce a reference of good character.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
no can do there I'm afraid.
Ironically some of the harder problems axle has claimed to of done have been when he's on his own and there was no one else at the crag. :o

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
 :-\ whoever goes climbing on their own!

saltbeef

• forum hero
a cunt?

andy_e

• forum hero
I wonder if two almost identical guidebooks would sell the same amount of copies if one had higher grades for the same problems? I reckon the one with the higher grades would sell more copies.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
you could read them both and then just read the one you liked the most. direct comparison

dave

one called "peak", the other called "bouldering". I'm gonna do laps, basically, after that.

kingholmesy

• forum abuser
For what it's worth:

Trackside - 7a.
Gorrilla Warfare - 7a.
Early Doors - 7a+.
Hurry On Sundown sitter - down to 7a.  Dunno about the stand-up start.
Captain Hook - not done it but got pretty close and can't believe it is harder than 7b.
Green Traverse - 7a.
The Nose - soft 7a.
Life in a Radio Active Dustbin - dunno what this currently gets but I abjectly failed when I tried it and remember thinking it was a sandbag.
Acid Reign - 6c.
Satin - 7a.
The Beagle Has Landed - down to 7a.
Breakfast - didn't get this done on the brief session I had on it but felt like it would be soft 7a.
The Sheep - 6c+.
Faze Action - not done this but when I tried it, it looked like it might have lost what would have been a pretty useful pebble - anyone know?  If so, has this affected the grade?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Joe's Arête at Froggatt - think it gets 6b but it felt more like 6a or maybe soft 6a+ to me when I did it earlier this week. I have spent too much time around Sloper listening to him rabbit on ad nauseum about Strawberries being overgraded though so there is every chance it is right.

BAndy

• player
Disclaimer: some of these opinions may/may not have nothing/everything to do with me being a bit on the short and weak side.

Storm: 7b. Much easier than Blind Date. I have the world's most inflexible hips and I managed to get my heel on by doing a pull-up on the crimps. Having inflexible hips or using a toe does not mean you can claim a higher grade - that's like saying The File is HVS if you can't jam (sorry for the chuffing analogy).
Captain Hook: 7b.

Terrace: 7b+. It's easy to work every move on it and I found it easier than the 7b+ version of Zaff Skoczylas.
Blind Date: 7c. I agree with 205Chris. I still maintain this is the hardest problem I have done anywhere. I'm not that tall which could be an excuse but then Chris is a giant so it's nothing to do with height.

Electrical Storm: up to 7b (I'm undecided as to whether this is just because I found it reachy but it was hard).

Dick Williams: down to 7b. Definitely easier than things like Zaff Sk and Blind Date.
Zaff's problem: 7b.

WSS: obviously very knacky but I'd vote 7b+ (having a couple of brief sessions on it and failing does not warrant upgrading it  :boohoo: It just needs some good old-fashioned graft)
Breakfast: soft 7a. Maybe I should go and do it again but it felt hard to me.

Sidetrack: no more than 7a, just a bit conditions dependent.

I think Hemline and Piss should have their grades reversed ie Hemline up to 7b and Piss down to 7a+. I shall refrain from commenting on Shit until I have done it.

Please keep the Nose at 7a, I treasure the memory of my first 7a flash  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal