UKBouldering.com

Anglesey Bouldering (Read 2865 times)

rustaldo

Anglesey Bouldering
October 17, 2010, 11:41:48 pm
Hi,

I'm sure this might have come up previously, but could someone give me the low-down on the "best" bouldering areas of Anglesey?
I've done a search and found some info, but the posts are a few years old so was hoping there might be some more info..

I've been to Moelfre and Benllech and most of the other places described in the Gogarth North book, although I haven't found the area mentioned at Lligwy Beach yet..   

Oh, and can anyone shed light on the "Mysterious Quartz Bloc" .. ?

Thanks in advance.

mR

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Anglesey Bouldering
October 18, 2010, 10:47:03 am
The mysterious quartz bloc, is mysterious and quartzy.  It has light on it when the sun shines.  It is also in virtually in someones  back garden, plus short of scareing yourself on Kawazaki kamakasi its not that great. THe bouldering on the island is poor and spread out in the main.  What you want to do is go to the pass or the ogwen.  Moelfre and benllech are the best, all the rest i have ever been to involve scampering round fields risking the wrath of the joskin. 

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: Anglesey Bouldering
October 18, 2010, 01:02:19 pm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Anglesey Bouldering
October 18, 2010, 01:55:14 pm
New to me too, similar to the Scottish word teuchter? Formerly used to describe Highlanders, but now applicable to any rural folk.

rustaldo

#4 Re: Anglesey Bouldering
October 18, 2010, 06:42:04 pm
Any light to be shed on Mynydd Bodafon? I had a mope around there today but didn't find much..

I heard RAF Valley has a few boulders?

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#5 Re: Anglesey Bouldering
October 18, 2010, 08:38:21 pm
Never went to Valley blocs I know panton was uninspired by them, but others liked em.  Bodafon looks like it should have stuff on the back (benllech) side, walked about a bit it was all a bit small ect.  There is a little nose type thing on the left of the biggest bit of crag that we used to mess about on, remember contriveing something there.  Down one of the farm traks I have been told there is a impressive and tricky wall, dont know I never found it.  What is it you are looking for the stunning line or just some bits of rock to pass the time on?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal