UKBouldering.com

Looking for a peak bouldering spot (Read 5578 times)

Milford Cubicle

• player
Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 10:06:14 am
Next weekend me and a mate are in nottingham and weather behaving itself are going to go to the peaks for an outdoor climb, tryed looking on UKC logbooks but you can't just search for bouldering spots so just finding lots of routes. We're looking for a spot with one or two easy warm up climbs then one or two v3/4 and one or two v7/v8 climbs. Preferebly a spot not to far above nottingham as we need to come back down to bedford at the end of the day, any suggestions?
Ta in advance :)

billx

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 10:21:18 am
curbar, warm up on trackside boulder then finish off at gorilla warefare. perfect

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 10:45:57 am
Next weekend me and a mate are in nottingham and weather behaving itself are going to go to come climbing in the peak district. tryed looking on UKC logbooks but you can't just search for bouldering spots so just finding lots of routes. We're looking for a spot with one or two easy warm up climbs then one or two v3/4 and one or two v7/v8 climbs. Preferebly a spot not to far above nottingham as we need to come back down to bedford at the end of the day, any suggestions?
Ta in advance :)

billx

Stanage plantation?

Lets go to the Peaks for a climb! Its climb time!

Milford Cubicle

• player
#4 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 10:59:36 am

Stanage plantation?

Lets go to the Peaks for a climb! Its climb time!

That place looks pretty sweet, is there anywhere online you can get like pages from a climbing book with details of the climbs and pics with the routes shown on it? Or would we need to buy a book?

x

JamieG

• forum hero
#5 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 11:12:16 am
You can get a sample chapter for Gardoms edge here. Problems here a bit more spread out, but at the North end around Mark's roof, there is plenty to have a go at. Guide includes routes as well as boulder problems.

Milford Cubicle

• player
#6 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 11:23:40 am
You can get a sample chapter for Gardoms edge here. Problems here a bit more spread out, but at the North end around Mark's roof, there is plenty to have a go at. Guide includes routes as well as boulder problems.

Ledge!! That looks sweet, fingers crossed for good weather :) Anyone know a postcode for the place?

x

JamieG

• forum hero
#7 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 11:41:15 am
is a map that may help, sorry don't know the postcode. Closest village is Baslow. So probably best to head for there and then follow the A621 towards Sheffield. The road passes right underneath the north boulders (B on map), plenty of parking on the next road right (A on map). Hope you have a good day. The problems at Mark's roof are very good. Soft on the G is also a bit of a classic. Quite a few warm options too.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 11:58:47 am
::)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#9 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 12:35:16 pm
 :wall:

tomtom

• forum hero
#10 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 12:40:31 pm
::)

I'm with Jim.. Go to Curbar, and if you get bored then Gardoms is only 10 min up the road...

JamieG

• forum hero
#11 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 01:24:26 pm
 :oops: Feel like i may have made a bad recommendation. Just trying to help out, especially since there is the free sample chapter. Plus i always have liked Gardoms.

True, Curbar is only five minutes away, really excellent and a more 'classic' peak bouldering venue.

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#12 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 02:11:10 pm
Buy a guide book.  Planning where to go because you can get free info is a shit plan.  Guides are lovely, you can waste/use hours of your time getting keen for things because of pictures.  A peak bouldering guide will cost you about 20 quid, thats less than it will cost you to get to the crag once from bedford.  In the long run it will save you money on printing out endless pages off websites too.

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
#13 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 02:57:29 pm
Speaking of the peak bouldering guide, anyone know how the 'new testament' is coming along?
Due to an orange juice related accident ( :whistle:) all the pages are now stuck together in my current copy.... except the lime section at the back surprisingly..... and i can't be arsed getting another copy if there's a new one round the corner.

cofe

• forum hero
#14 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 03:22:35 pm
early in the new year. hopefully. possibly. maybe. I've got Ru chained to a typewriter in the cellar. He's just finished the Hepstow Brow section.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#15 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 04:14:08 pm
I've got Ru chained to a typewriter in the cellar. He's just finished the Hepstow Brow section.

Can I have another small glass of water, please?

cofe

• forum hero
#16 Re: Looking for a peak bouldering spot
November 02, 2010, 04:17:05 pm
Rehydration is for losers. Keep typing!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal