UKBouldering.com

Access routes to Makindromo, El Chorro? (Read 2339 times)

Sean_J

• not a boulderer
Access routes to Makindromo, El Chorro?
October 02, 2010, 12:49:44 am
I'm off to Chorro next week, and rather than walk through the tunnels and slog up the hill I wondered if there was an easier way to get to Makindromo? I've heard that there's a road/track at the top end, and on Google Earth it certainly looks promising. Has anybody driven along here, what are the roads like? And what's the best route to take to get there (looks like there's a lot of options on Google Earth). Thanks a lot!

robertostallioni

• forum hero
I remember it being a truly shit track, much worse than the on to Desplo. I have been over there in a 4x4 but no chance in a hire car. Personally I would just suck it up and quest on though the tunnels.  :shrug:

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
Strange....I remember it being only passable with a motorbike, quad, decent 4x4 or somebody else's hire car.....
However, I wouldn't trust Stallion's judgement  :alky: on anything Spanish as it was constantly impaired for the year or two (or three) we were there.

Sean_J

• not a boulderer
Thanks a lot for that! Looks like i'll just have to man up and get fit walking up the hill.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
We made it over the back a couple of times in a Smart Car! A little bit tetchy but as long as you take it easy its not a major epic. Youd get up there in a small van as well.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Sounds like Glyn's van is going to get put to the test!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal