UKBouldering.com

poll: Dead Fit Birds Who Go Climbing. (Read 66644 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
This is absolutely ridiculous.

As usual MR takes the stance of "emperor of the internet" deviously playing people against each other, manipulating threads so to make it look as if people are saying things they aren't and generally and "controlling" things for his own ends  ;) (remember his "...it's all panned out as I planned it...." email to GCW? This is obviously how he sees himself).

Then when someone makes a joke about him or calls him a name he goes crying to mummy Alan like a three year old.

I agree that UKC should have distanced themselves as a company from what is purely a personal matter and I also agree with everything that's been posted above regarding advertisers / ccing etc. The level of childish pettiness that they are sinking to would be laughable if it wasn't costing UKB's owners money.

Since the IOs took over and pointed out that calling MR a c*** was causing them grief, it's stopped. What more do these cunts want? <<<<< YES THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IRONIC

Quote from: Alan James
We haven't asked them to do anything else and haven't tried to influence them in any other way and further more, we wouldn't want to ever do that.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I have to say that Nikki has demonstrated the power of advertising- I will NEVER be buying any POD kit again.

The problem for UKC is that Mick uses his UKC address to send angry/threatening e-mails out.  As such he is expressing the opinion of UKC, and it demonstrates that UKC use a bullying approach (yes, it may only be one person but the use of the company address is the important factor).

Can you not install a filter so whenever someone posts "Mick is a cunt" it automatically adds "in my opinion"?  Sorted!  It wouldn't take long to modify all the old comments either.

Jas, I was going to quote some of the juicy bits from old UKC e-mails to me, but I'd hate for them to contact the Overlords and ask them to delete it- it would cause too much hassle.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I have to say that Nikki has demonstrated the power of advertising- I will NEVER be buying any POD kit again.

That would seem a bit of an over reaction to me. Although it seems that Nikki has been played by Mick, for his own spiteful ends, if she looked through the site and found content (be it DFBWGC, swearing or something else) that she considered offensive, then I can understand why she may want to withdraw advertising on the site. I would see it as a reasonable ethical call in a grey area and, whether I agree with that call or not, it would not affect my decision to buy POD stuff.

Paul B

• forum hero
Aren't those the type of things that should be taken into consideration BEFORE advertising? Its not as if they're hidden away.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Of course, but they obviously hadn't been seen had they. Are people not allowed to change their minds when they find out something new?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I have been out climbing this morning and ticked an 8a YYFY and just come back to this NNFN.

Toby and I hold no grudge against Nikki or Podsacs whatsoever and UKB users shouldn't either.

They are entirely at liberty to choose where there adverts should go and on whatever basis. Most importantly their products are good. The only person whio has acted in an improper manner is Mick Ryan and subsequently Alan with his stock email diverting blame onto Nikki/Podsacs. There is absolutely no reason for Nikki/Podsacs being embroiled in this shitfest of UKC's making which was no doubt an additional reason for them wanting to withdraw the advert. Furthermore they paid for the full four weeks they initially booked.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
And another thing. This is the same Mick Ryan who was quite happy to go on the 8a.nu website and call Jens Larsen its owner a wanker. It takes your breath away.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
This is the same Mick Ryan who was quite happy to go on the 8a.nu website and call Jens Larsen its owner a wanker.

On a basic definition of the word, this is most likely correct. Who doesn't?  :wank:

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Lagers - the point was - if you are a public figure and happy to dish it out you should be accepting of it too.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Toby is a cunt

would someone punch Simon Lee for me please

(they made me do it)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
no email yet