1 June 2010, 8:34 pm

Source: The Hamer Blog

comPiler

• forum hero
#2 North Wales
July 06, 2010, 09:16:44 am
North Wales
1 June 2010, 8:48 pm

Orite! This is the new blog for the summer for the MC hammer brovs.

Finished Uni on friday so.....3 months off!! Yeeehaaaaa. Ed came down to north wales for a few days. Weather was pretty decent for a change and headed to the orme. Anyway yeh conditions were pretty minted so went down to LPT a couple of times. I got Melancholie 8b and Ed ticked Pas de deux 8a+ 1st redpoint and flashed Parasite 8a. He then went on to crush In heaven and Pilgrim both hard V12. Was a good few days. Well psyched for the summer now. Will keep the posts regularly updated and any recent sends. OUT!

comPiler

• forum hero
#3 Peak limestone!
July 06, 2010, 09:16:45 am
Peak limestone!
3 June 2010, 6:01 pm

Been down to Cheedale last couple of days and checked out the cornice as i heard it was dry! Its ace. Alot of the routes are in good nick so get down there. Got some nice routes in the 7a-7b+ range, good milage as always. Ticked Powerplant 8a today which was great fun. Very unlike most peak 8a's being much steeper and with bigger holds. Char crushed it and Chris should have done it too. Next time matey. Really psyched for the limestone as its so dry. Will defo be heading down there quite abit this summer for sure. Ed flew off to austria today to compete in european cup. So will see how that goes.

comPiler

• forum hero
#4 EYS IMST!!
July 06, 2010, 09:16:46 am
EYS IMST!!
7 June 2010, 9:29 pm

Hey up!

Just got back from Autria last night, was a great competition and really phsyced!!

We met up with every one at Manchester airport and headed off to Autria. Had 2 full rest days chilling by the pool and swimming in a freezing cold pond was mint!!. On the day of the comp I had a great burn up the first route and fell going for the final jug BUMMER!! but was placed 5th after it, then on the 2nd route I topped out which was a great feeling and was through for the final placed joint 4th. On the final day I felt rested and ready to crush, I went out for the route viewing for 6 minutes worked out the route with a beastly climber 'Kevin Aglae'  but I didnt see everything. When it was my turn to to climb I got to the point where I had not seen this hold and tried to pull straight through to the next hold which was about 2 meters away and fell which was very annoying!!. But it was my first EYS Final so I was phsyced and next time I will be ready for some hidden holds hahah

Peace out  

MC

comPiler

• forum hero
#5 Summer psyche....
July 06, 2010, 09:16:47 am
Summer psyche....
12 June 2010, 8:59 pm

Chee Dale, Minos (7c+)

(7A) Mark's Roof Left Hand

Weathers been abit dodgy this week but have managed to get out a few times. Been doing some classics down at cheedale again which is great fun. Managed to tick Why me?, Cry of despair and lightweight which are all great 7c's and also Oranage sunshine and Minos both tricky litl 7c+'s. Also was up at Gardoms yesterday afternoon, keeping the trad rolling. Yeehaa! Did a couple of the E3's and then did Make it slappy E6 6b. Fun litl route. Finished the day off by ticking marks roof. Brill problem and good holding those slopers in the summer heat!!. Gritstone syke is not dead yet!

comPiler

• forum hero
#6 Updates
July 06, 2010, 09:16:47 am
Updates
16 June 2010, 4:26 pm

Few more things done last few days. Had my first sesh at the tor on sunday which was good. Havnt been there since last summer. Did a newly bolted 7c called Obcene gesture which had an ace crux off an upside down mono then did Body machine from the ground avec the new start. Found it quite pumpy and defo worth 7c+. Its probably better now without having to piss around up the tree. Been back down to the embankment at chee dale ticking Aberration 8a, which is a great route with an odd but decent line taking a rising traverse across the wall! Went with Ed today down to the Cornice at water-cum jolly. The crags is quite good nick just needs abit more traffic. Started off badly faffing around abit but then ed nearly flashed the dole 7c+ getting it 2nd go and then ticked Rumble in the jungle 8a+ after a quick play. I was psyched for it as it looked amazing. It had one of the best moves i have ever done on a route!!! A full on, cut loose dyno for a big hold near the top of the crag. Took a few attempts to stick the hold and the route was in! Good day had. Yaa maan...

Out!

comPiler

• forum hero
#7 More Cheese grated down in dale
July 06, 2010, 09:16:48 am
More Cheese grated down in dale
21 June 2010, 7:57 pm

Again having some great days down in the gorge. Been there about 10 times already since i've been home! What a place to be. Ed got the short and sharp Entree 8a done other day and I got the Spider 8a on the Plum buttress. Two great routes of complete different styles. Nice!! Anyway both had day off agian today and was keen to check out somewhere different. Headed to the Upper tier of embankment wall. Was abit of a fight through the jungle and shit path, Ed slipped and put his whole arm in a field of nettles but got there and abbed in. Was very impressed with it! Sweet crag in a great position above the valley. So ya got some nice onsights done then did the classic brown bag 2nd go and flashed Vision after some beta perfection from the boy. Nice one matey! He got that 2nd go and flashed brown bag.

Need a rest now for a few days and are heading south to watch some cricket. 1st ODI against the Aussies in Southampton. Well psyched for it! Hope they do better than the footballers. Then we are off to Glastonbury for the music fest. Which is going to be minted!!!!!! Back on Monday having rested the skin and head!

comPiler

• forum hero
#8 Cricket & Glasto
July 06, 2010, 09:16:51 am
Cricket & Glasto
30 June 2010, 8:51 pm

Just got back from a week down south. Had a great time seeing people and doing some other things rather than just going climbing! Went to Southampton and watched England beat Australia in the cricket. An amazing game with a little irish lad scoring a cracking 100 to win the game. Nice one!! Then headed to Glastonbury for the weeknd. Had a schweeeet time watching loads of awesome bands. It was soooo HOT but totally worth it.

Here are some pics from the week

comPiler

• forum hero
#9 Thor's cave
Thor's cave
30 June 2010, 10:50 pm

Went over to Thor's cave yesterday for 2nd time hoping the bird nest had fallen out of the final pocket of the amazing Thormens moth 8a. Luckily it had and I got staight on it. It was abit of a fight as i had no warm up and hadnt climbed in a week but did get the route done first redpoint. I think basically this is the best 8a in the peak, its awesome!! The holds are all huge pockets traversing across an amazing roof with big, pumpy moves linking them. The route is bone dry and well bolted. So... people get on it. You also get to top out over the lip of the cave once you have clipped the chain and celerbrate by jumping off!!! Back in the Peak now for abit. Chee dale is calling again.

comPiler

• forum hero
#10 (No subject)

5 July 2010, 8:40 pm

Spent a good few days down at Chee Dale (the cornice) and managed to do my hardest Flash in the Peak which was 'The Roof Warrior (8a) an amazing route on the biggest holds ever!!!!!!. Then finished off the day by ticking 'Esmerelda (7c+) abit further up which is a small fun route. On Friday I ticked Nemesis (8a+) which I almost got second try but fell after the slopey jug after the hard bit but Caff then gave me some good beta and did it 3rd go, which was great!!.

Peace Out

Ed

comPiler

• forum hero
#11 Turkey dip!
July 09, 2010, 07:00:20 pm
Turkey dip!
9 July 2010, 5:16 pm

Been a good few days this week. Checked out a couple of new places nearby. One being turkey dip and the other long tor quarry. Was very impressed with both crags for sure. Dont really understand why people dont go to these places. Anyways highlights were The Boldest at Long tor, which is a brilliant 3 star 7c and Step on it at Turkey dip being a wicked 7c+ crackline. Ed got Jon C new line at around 8a+. Have also continued the seige down at the cornice in cheee dale, ticking Roof warrior 8a and K3 8a+ and Ed did R'n'p and K3. The crag is looking more awesome every time we go down there with more routes being cleaned up by keen locals. Nice one!! Also saw a great ascent of monumental armblaster by Jon! A fantastic effort and looks hard. Off down south again next week to check out Swanage and Lulworth for some sunny bolt clipping and dws. PSYCHED!!!!!

comPiler

• forum hero
#12 Peaky
July 14, 2010, 01:00:19 am
Peaky
13 July 2010, 7:41 pm

Few more ticks from Edwardo being Onslaught 8a at Turkey dip (2nd ascent??), Powerplant 8a and Four door 8a+ at chee dale. I got Nemesis. Weathers been abit turdy last few days and psyched to hit Dorset!! Thought i would share two shots of a couple of amazing crags we have been too. El Pati in Siurana and the Lab at Margalef. Keep Psyched!!!!

Peace out hommies

comPiler

• forum hero
#13 Dorset Filming!
August 02, 2010, 07:00:08 pm
Dorset Filming!
2 August 2010, 1:31 pm

Spent a great few days down in Dorset a couple of weeks ago. We went down to Lulworth a few days before hoping to try out some of the dws but the weather was poor and very windy. Ended up doing some easier sport routes. We then headed over to Dancing ledge to meet up with some friends and a camera crew where we spent the next two days being filmed and taken photos of. We even climbed to a live band who were ther for the event. This is all then going to be used for a Slide show series around the South documenting the Jurassic coast line. It all went very smoothly and we had great fun!!

comPiler

• forum hero
#14 Nesscliffe Psyche
August 03, 2010, 01:00:43 am
Nesscliffe Psyche
2 August 2010, 1:58 pm

Having returned from Dorset I then headed straight to Shrewsbury to stay at the McCann house hold and climb with the man himself Finn McCann. Had such an awesome week climbing 7 days in a row at Nesscliffe!! The place really is amazing and one of the best trad crags i have been to. The weather wasnt great but still managed to get out. By the end of the week we both had ticked some great, classic routes. The highlight was topping out on our first E8's respectively!!

Tick list from the week-

Marlene E4 6aImagination E4 6aCones and currents E5 6aJump E5 6bMy Snorkel E6 6cYucan 2 E7 6b10 0'clock saturday morning E7 6cTombola E7 6cGathering sun E7 6cMy Piano E8 6c.

comPiler

• forum hero
#15 Home cragging
August 10, 2010, 07:00:15 pm
Home cragging
10 August 2010, 4:49 pm

The Peak district is awesome!! I just love living over here now. There is just such a great variety of rock, routes, grades to go at and its all within a few miles apart.

Over the weeknd we were at WCJ cornice for a change which was great fun. The crag is the dryest i have ever seen it. We were both pyched as ever and got stuck in! Firstly we both got Dillusioned glue machine 8a which was a fun, one move wonder route and then sent Albatrosity 8a+. Ed then went on to crush Yorkshire 8b. This week I have been out tradding and Ed's been to the torr where he did Chimes of freedom 8a+ and today ripped apart Revelations 8b. Good work!! I've been having a great time out ticking off some classics on the grit and lime. Climbs such as Quietus, Old friends, Calvery, Bitter fingers, Wee doris and a number of other stunners.

Off to Yorkshire on thursday for the first time this summer. Hoping for some gordale and kilnsey action.

Ed's off to Vienna for European leading comp.

Over and out

comPiler

• forum hero
#16 Yorkshire dales hit
August 16, 2010, 01:00:38 am
Yorkshire dales hit
15 August 2010, 6:55 pm

Just got back from a quick trip up to the dales for the weeknd. Camped over at the Gordale site which was much nicer than staying at the shoddy malham campsite. Weather was pretty terrible for august being very windy, wet and abit midgy!! But did get some great climbing in. Had a couple of sessions at gordale ticking two classic UK routes. One being the stunning Supercool 8a+ and the other extreme rock tick Cave route right hand E6 6b. Was pretty psyched to get them both done and great to do some long routes again! Also went over to Kilnsey to find the place packed for a good reason as its so dry. Was just in time to see Mr Lincoln send Dr Crimp 8b+ which was awesome. Good work bud!! I had a few toss efforts on Grooved arete 8a+ and then got it with out to much fuss. Rest of time was spent ticking some easier lines.

Ed's been out in Austria competing in Viena and will give a run down we he gets back.

comPiler

• forum hero
#17 Vienna EYS/ Chee Dale and New House!!
August 20, 2010, 01:00:10 pm
Vienna EYS/ Chee Dale and New House!!
20 August 2010, 9:06 am

Hey There,

Just got back from Vienna EYS competition which was great fun! I managed to get into the final but AGAIN!! fell on this dirty pinch move low down and overall came 10th place out of about 35 competitior's. I was pretty happy with this but still it wasnt good enough ;) haha.

Since I have been back we have been down to the chee dale cornice again were I got on Monumental Armblaster (8a+) and ticked it second go which was nice, and sam is very close on doing R'n'P also (8a+). The weather has been pretty crap atm so have been chilling in the baker's flat quite alot not doing very much. In just under 3 weeks now Its the Lead world cup up at ratho in edinburger so am training like a beast to get the best possible result I can!

Good new's we are moving into our new house in Over Haddon in Septembre which is gunna be mint! So we are looking forward to that!

Cheers Brewster

comPiler

• forum hero
#18 Anstey's Cove
September 07, 2010, 11:15:27 am
Anstey's Cove
31 August 2010, 8:29 am

Yo yo

We have just retured from a good trip down at Anstey's Cove, we spent the last 6 days there but unfortunatly we only got 3 out of the 6 days that were good!!. We arrived on tuesday evening and were sooo psyched that we had to go for a climb, we both managed to do the classic 'Empire Of The Sun' (7b) onsight, then we both flashed these 7c+'s which were 'Avenged and Last Revenge' which are both amazing routes!!. Then we had to sit out the next few days because of the weather which totally wet the crag!. On the friday we began ticking again, we both got on La Creme as it was the only route dry which is a trickly little number at 7c+ we both ticked it, then sam did an E5 6a route to the left which was abit gimpish as it should just get a sport route at 6c?!, Later I (ed) did the cool link-up which involved an easier start into tuppence at around 8a+ and got it sencond go yeee ;)! The next day was amazing, Sam ticked 'The Cider Soak' (8a) second try and I did 'the lynch' (7b+) flash and also ticked 'Uzi In My Pocket' (7b+) onsight. On our last day I was psyched for Cider Soak and managed to flash it quit comfortably and then did 'Tuppence (8b) 3rd try' which was a nice end to the trip. Just before I forget We also checked out Torbryan Quarry and did the classic 6c and 7a+/7b 'thread Flinstone!

peace out

MC

comPiler

• forum hero
#19 Master's Edge shots
September 16, 2010, 01:00:57 am
Master's Edge shots
15 September 2010, 6:25 pm

Here are some great photo's that Alex Ekins took of us on Master's Edge in Feb/March time. You can check out some more cool shot's on his website at www.alexekins.photoshelter.com

comPiler

• forum hero
#20 Grit soloing
September 18, 2010, 07:00:20 pm
Grit soloing
18 September 2010, 3:19 pm

Havnt had anything that major to report recently. Been abit quiet amusing myself on some of the grit crags round here. Have just been on a solo mission the last few days seeing how many routes I could tick in a day. Did 53 routes at stanage last Sunday which was awesome, then was up there again couple of days ago doing 33 and yesterday did 37 at Burbage north. Nothing hard, just up to HVS but has been great fun just going up, down up. Such freedom and no faffing about with ropes and gear!! Good preparation too for this winter.

Psyched for the grit season to kick off! So many amazing lines to climb.

Here are two shots of a couple of mint routes we did last winter.

Rowley Birkin at Higgar tor and Balance it is at Burbage

Oh and Ed was up in Ratho(again!)competing in the World Youth Cup last weeknd. He will write a wee thing for it.

Chau chau

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#21 Re: The Hamer Blog
September 18, 2010, 10:46:55 pm
WTF
I read a title saying "Grit soloing" and, after clicking in, am presented with with two photos of people with ropes on.
I demand a refund.
Or at least a ground fall.

We never get let down like this by The Daily Mail

Cantankerous from Heeley

comPiler

• forum hero
#22 Footage from Ansteys!
September 21, 2010, 07:00:32 pm
Footage from Ansteys!
21 September 2010, 12:34 pm

Here is some phone footage that we got from Ansteys.

Top is Me on Cider Soak 8a and Bottom is Edwardo on Tuppence 8b.

comPiler

• forum hero
#23 Sean's roof
September 24, 2010, 01:00:17 pm
Sean's roof
24 September 2010, 10:58 am

Ed did Sean's roof the other day. He did it with a rope as he didnt want to leave his leg behind in the hole but has gone with the V12 grade as it is too short to be considered a route! Here is a shot and some footage of the ascent.

comPiler

• forum hero
#24 World Cup Ratho!
September 29, 2010, 07:00:28 pm
World Cup Ratho!
29 September 2010, 2:39 pm

A couple of weeks ago Ed competed in the World Cup up in Ratho in Scotland. He didnt want to write anything so I have instead. He was up against some of the best youth's in the world and came a credible 17th place overall. Ed was happy with his position but know's he can do better. I nicked some photo's from someones facebook showing him competing!!

Nice one!

He's off to Bulgaria today to compete in the European youth competition so will see how that goes.

Rubbish weather here at moment so nothing to report on this front.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal