UKBouldering.com

The Hamer Blog (Read 73087 times)

comPiler

• forum hero
#25 Arete mania
October 08, 2010, 01:00:32 am
Arete mania
7 October 2010, 10:07 pm

Been out on the grit a few times this week which has been awesome. Had a team crush of the Higgar tor block with Whittaker, Randall and Bailes. High light was a sneaky flash of the left arete Block and Tackle E6 6c. Then have been up to Stanage pop with an ascent of 10 O'Clock Watershed E6 6c and then yesterday headed to Burbage SOUTH and nabbed a quick send of the amazing Messiah E7 6c.

Here are some cool shots of Messiah courtesy of Mr Bailes.

Source: The Hamer Blog

comPiler

• forum hero
#26 BLCC's update!!!
October 19, 2010, 01:00:16 pm
BLCC's update!!!
19 October 2010, 11:18 am

Last weekend I was up at Ratho climbing centre in Scotland competeing in the junior catagory and senior. On the staurday I competed in the Junior group and managed to win that which was great fun!!.

On the Sunday I also competed in the Senior catagory which was really good fun and the routes were sick!! I also won this group which was un-expected and amazing and was really syked to do this!

comPiler

• forum hero
#27 An End To This Affair
October 21, 2010, 01:00:43 am
An End To This Affair
20 October 2010, 6:49 pm

Just spent a great couple of days out on the grit. Finn MC was up and psyched to hit all things gritstone!! First hit was up to Robin hoods stride to get on Kaluza Klein E7 6c. After a brief play on it Finn stepped up and went for the lead, slipped and took the ground fall then got staight back on it and sent it next go! Good work! I was struggleing with the left foot rockover so tried the right foot first and it worked. So no excuses and went for it. Luckily I got it that go! Phewwww :) Next...

Today we went up to Curbar Moon buttress to have a crack at the celerbrated END of the AFFAIR E8 6c. Ed was also keen and joined the team! The conditions were minted, blue skye, cold, sunny and just perfect. Sending time!!! After we had all got it sussed on the top rope Finn manned up and stepped on. I was at the bottom ready to hurl myself down the gulley... In true style the man nailed it without a fuss. After that I then sent it and then Ed crushed it for his first E8! A brilliant team effort. Three ascents in less than an hour...awesome!

Bring on more grit I'd say.

comPiler

• forum hero
#28 Off to Spain
October 26, 2010, 07:00:15 pm
Off to Spain
26 October 2010, 12:39 pm

Off down to Cambridge today and then catching a late flight out to Zaragoza tomorrow. Heading to Rodellar for 6 days for some steep pumping sport routes!!Cant wait, very excited! Also did a couple of other routes on ze grit, one being the amazing London wall E5 6a at Millstone and then the under-rated Science friction E6 6a at Froggat.

Back next wednesday...

Out

comPiler

• forum hero
#29 Rodellar
November 05, 2010, 06:00:25 pm
Rodellar
5 November 2010, 11:34 am

Just got back from a great trip out to Rodellar in Spain. This is with out doubt the best place I have ever been climbing! It is heaven on earth for any climber who likes long, steep sport routes. A wonderland of the steepest crags set in a beautiful gorge where the stuff dreams are made! We spent 6 days at the newly built Kalandraka refugio, which is fanatastic place to base one self. All within walking distance from the crags. Had great fun in the evenings at the bar, chatting to psyched climbers from all over the world, eating good food, drinking cerveza and playing free pool!! The most perfect place to be! We didnt use the hired car all week. Anyway yeh the climbing was out of this world. Was abit of a shock to the system to start off with as every thing was just SO STEEP, long and on tuffa's! But after a couple of days I got use to it and climbed some amazing routes. It was great to do some really long onsights and redpoints again. Its my favorite style of climbing. I ticked some of the great classics such as Nanuk 7c, Egocentisimo 7c, El Delfin 7c+, A Crabita 8a and finished the week off with a pressured last effort on the last day ascent of Les Chacals 8b! 35 metres of the most perfect limestone, with tuffa's, pockets, crimps and a redpoint crux at about 30 metres. Was so happy to send it!!

So yeh a brilliant trip had and we shall be back.

comPiler

• forum hero
#30 MECCA 8b+!!!!!!!!!
November 18, 2010, 12:00:36 am
MECCA 8b+!!!!!!!!!
17 November 2010, 7:14 pm

sup!

Managed to tick Mecca (8b+) on monday 15th november. It was the second day of red-pointing. I first tried it for about 15 minutes last wednesday in the sun and it felt desperate so sacked it off and went home!. Then came back with my mum on the saturday and was syked to just go for a redpoint attempt! I shocked myself by getting to the last few moves which was sick! i then had 3 more goes and kept getting closer and closer to finishing but had nothing left in the tank that day and the light was fading so had to leave it. On the monday the temps were sick cold and I felt strong, had a quick play on it brushing and warming up then sent it first redpoint!, it felt very steady and amazing!! totally syked for some more crushage!

peace out

mutha lickers!

comPiler

• forum hero
#31 SNOW!
December 01, 2010, 06:00:11 pm
SNOW!
1 December 2010, 11:56 am

We are totally snowed in here at the moment in Over Haddon!! Its pretty crazy really and we are lovin it. Over a foot of snow has come down and in some places more than a metre. Just wish we has some cross country skis! It would be perfect for that. Here are some photo's of our little place...

dpb

• addict
#32 Re: The Hamer Blog
December 02, 2010, 09:24:22 pm
Hi

Could somebody please tell me what the crag is in the photo at the top of Hamer blog?

Cheers

Dave

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#33 Re: The Hamer Blog
December 02, 2010, 09:35:27 pm
Route : Ekel
Crag : Eldorado
Moffatt route.
Crag route list
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:41:51 pm by robertostallioni »

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
#34 Re: The Hamer Blog
December 02, 2010, 09:37:44 pm
My wrong answer was slower than Stallion's right answer...the shame.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#35 Re: The Hamer Blog
December 02, 2010, 09:42:24 pm
It was never Raven Tor.

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
#36 Re: The Hamer Blog
December 02, 2010, 09:45:05 pm
I thought it was the one above the campsite....Barenschluchtwande, but I didn't look properly  :wall:
Stallion :bow: :wank:

dpb

• addict
#37 Re: The Hamer Blog
December 02, 2010, 10:11:55 pm
Thanks.  Another venue added to the long list of places to visit.

comPiler

• forum hero
#38 Road to Rodellar
January 07, 2011, 06:00:16 pm
Road to Rodellar
7 January 2011, 12:10 pm

We have just arrived back in town, after spending the last week and a bit out in Rodellar in Catalunya. We flew out on Boxing Day to Barcelona and headed to the tiny little village of Rodellar where we spent the next 9 days climbing in the gorge and staying at the Kalandraka refugio. We were joined on the second day by Jersey’s latest export Ted Kingsnorth. The next few days were spent enjoying some of the best limestone sport climbing around and we had a great time out there!!

We realised that most of the famous, steep tuffa lines would be wet but new that there would be enough routes to pick and choose from. In the end we climbed some awesome lines. Highlights included onsighting some radical 7b+’s such as the famous Pince sin rire and then doing one of the best routes ever Made in Mascun 7c+. I also nabbed a few cheeky redpoints of Gracias Fina 8a and El lado oscuro de la fuerza 8a+. Ed got pumped after doing the amazing 40m Evasion 8a+ (after hold loss), another 8a+ and finished in style with an ascent of El salto del angel for his second 8b+.

We basically had the gorge to ourselves each day! Again the Kalandraka were great and a big up must go to Alexandra and Sole for helping us out and organising a great party of New Years Eve.

Back in the UK now and keen to start getting out a bit more, if the weather ever lets us. Plans are to get a few more Grit routes under the belt and some trips over to Malham. We are also saving up to buy a van for a summer Roadtrip. Venga Vamos!!!!!

JohnM

• junky
#39 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 07, 2011, 06:39:06 pm
A bit of pendantry but Rodellar is in Aragon.

comPiler

• forum hero
#40 Grit and BBC's
January 19, 2011, 12:00:10 am
Grit and BBC's
18 January 2011, 6:35 pm

Have been out a bit more recently as the weathers impoved and the days are getting slightly longer!! We both ticked Genocide up at Cratcliffe last week which is a brilliant E6 6c. Short and sweet! Took a few lobs on it (see video!). Then today was up at Bamford for the first time, avec Adam B where we did Jasmin E6 6b. A nice short wall on slopey crimps and a dodgy landing. Great to be back on the grit routes again!

We also spent last weeknd down in London at The Outdoor Show where we competed in the BBC's. I am shit at comps and unsurprisingly didnt do that well but had a fun day out. Ed, however did very well coming 11th out of a strong field and around 60 climbers.

comPiler

• forum hero
#41 Slackers
January 25, 2011, 06:00:15 pm
Slackers
24 January 2011, 10:44 am

from Ram Man on Vimeo.

comPiler

• forum hero
#42 Climbapedia
January 28, 2011, 12:00:28 am
Climbapedia
27 January 2011, 9:39 pm

Big up to Climbapedia. Loads of great crag information to plan your trip by.

Also check out a little interview we did for them.

Go to www.climbapedia.com

comPiler

• forum hero
#43 Froggatt hit
January 31, 2011, 12:00:19 pm
Froggatt hit
31 January 2011, 9:24 am

Spent a cracking day up at Froggatt last week with Ed and Steve, where we ticked off some all time classic's. First up was Downhill racer, the famous E4 solo which was smoothly sent by Steve. I then followed. We then all headed over to Narcissus to have a blast at that. And after a few goes Steve cracked the sequence and in true style pushed on to the top! A brilliant effort!! I did Oedipus again and then wimped out on The Mint 400. After that Ed was keen to have a crack at Sling Shot V10. In just a few attempts he nailed the move, and that was that! Check out the video. I then finished the day off with Great Slab E3 and Artless E5. An awesome day with ascents all round!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#44 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 31, 2011, 12:36:40 pm
After that Ed was keen to have a crack at Sling Shot V10. In just a few attempts he nailed the move, and that was that! Check out the video.

Eh? The video shows him dropping off after the first move.

T_B

• forum hero
#45 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 31, 2011, 01:46:28 pm
classic. Video evidence to prove that you didn't do the problem  :lol:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#46 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 31, 2011, 01:49:47 pm
Does Hamer even have an account on UKB and therefore likely to see comments here (no username under 'hamer' but could use any pseudonym)?

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
#47 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 31, 2011, 03:17:49 pm
He doesnt have an account but is an absolute machine. Although he may of dropped off on the video he would probably destroy the move/problem wearing oven gloves and trainers so start believing and stop hating on the geez.

Dont suppose youve done the problem have you?  :boohoo:

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#48 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 31, 2011, 03:20:52 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#49 Re: The Hamer Blog
January 31, 2011, 03:37:03 pm
He doesnt have an account but is an absolute machine. Although he may of dropped off on the video he would probably destroy the move/problem wearing oven gloves and trainers so start believing and stop hating on the geez.

Dont suppose youve done the problem have you?  :boohoo:

Who are you directing that question at?

(As you can see using the "Quote" system helps clarify these things).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal