UKBouldering.com

Qualidy Pub/B&B in Peak for midweek stay.... (Read 2889 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Hello,
MrsT & I are looking for a good quality B&B/Pub to stay a couple of nights in a couple of weeks time... something nice, not too noisy or 'slaughtered lamb' on the pub front, or a good B&B in a smallish town/village with a pub or two... Preferably that serves good grub.

Any suggestions? MrsT wants to be nearish for a Chatsworth visit (Bakewell area?) and I'm not really that bothered where as theres stacks of places near where I can/could sneak off for a cheeky hour or two bouldering..  ;)
Thanks in advance,
TT

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Friends stayed here and loved it (fussy southerners). Stunning place, well run.
http://www.rivercottageashford.co.uk/Home.html
Ashford Arms and Bull's Head within a minutes walk for food

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I can recommend the Old Hall in Chinley. They just won CAMRA's best pub in Derbyshire, the kitchen is fantastic too. 

http://www.old-hall-inn.co.uk

It's just down the road from my house so could meet for a pint.

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks folks - I've forwarded your suggestions to the boss, so we'll see what she thinks  :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Mrs Starfish and I had a fantastic night at Losehill House using our Unleashed voucher.

We did end up spending over £90 on food and drink, but it was well worth it.

Dinner menu was £32.50 each. Fucking awesome. Wouldn't have argued with £45 elsewhere. Plenty of choice; all well thought out - almost as if the chef was showing off in a Master Chef stylee. Desserts were particularly stunning.

Breakfast was £15 each. Well worth it. Choice of.... well, anything; and lots of it. We had locally sourced meat for the full breakfast and nice fish for the lighter option; plus fruit dishes and ace toast. Great Peaky view from the restaurant.

And then there's the swimming pool, sauna and hot tub. After breakfast we had a very relaxing time in the outdoor hot tub gazing at nature and stuff.

We spoke to a few people who had got a 3 night mid week break which included dinner and breakfast. Sounded good value.

If you've got a Charidy voucher or some cash then this could be a cool way to stay in The Peak. A day's bouldering followed by a long soak in the outdoor tub would satisfy even the most soft/demanding boulderer/spouse.

I'm still thinking about the food [/drool]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal