UKBouldering.com

British Bouldering Champs & Bouldering World Cup come to Sheffieldshire (Read 43014 times)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Just thought I'd remind you that the BBC is this weekend and the World Cup will be the weekend after.

The Sheffield World Cup will be webcast, as will the one from Eindhoven this weekend.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
 Least most the top boys will be in Eindhoven!

T_B

• forum hero
Forecast looks good, bring on the slopers  :lol:

rodma

• forum hero
Forecast looks good, bring on the slopers  :lol:

Tents don't get hot in the sun do they?  :shrug:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Tents don't get hot in the sun do they?  :shrug:

The sun, it's that big yellow thing in the sky, it heats things up. Sorry, just remembered who you are  ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Well you had better hope they all qualify for the semi final as they have contigency plans to come back

rodma

• forum hero
The sun, it's that big yellow thing in the sky, it heats things up. Sorry, just remembered who you are  ;)

I thought it was a red-top  :)

Well you had better hope they all qualify for the semi final as they have contigency plans to come back

Good to hear that they might be back. I obviously hope that the lads will all do well out there, but I kinda want them all to be at the BBCs. Maybe they could just drive home overnight even if they are in the final. I'm sure that wouldn't affect their performance in any way  ;)

a dense loner

• forum hero
who does the scheduling for these events? why are the british championships on the same weekend as a world cup round? its not rocket science that the 'top 3' are going to go to the world cup, incidently the same 3 guys get help from the bmc, n that's just the guys. mina's also there n pretty sure diane will be? whats the score?

saltbeef

• forum hero
who does the scheduling for these events? why are the british championships on the same weekend as a world cup round? its not rocket science that the 'top 3' are going to go to the world cup, incidently the same 3 guys get help from the bmc, n that's just the guys. mina's also there n pretty sure diane will be? whats the score?

what!?!

what a load of shit! i agree, this is crazy!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Dense - chance to have the BBC on the World Cup wall versus clashing with Eindhoven. Hmmm, let me think about that one for a moment  :-\

a dense loner

• forum hero
right now uve had a moment to think what've u come up with? i still don't understand, i know ure comin at it from a wall point of view but u must know that whoever wins will basically ave an empty vessel. if the 'top 3' aren't taking part then whoever wins will just ave come 4th really. thats a pretty harsh reality, n will be seen by some as an out of order statement i know. scheduling must be hard but to ave so many elsewhere seems a bit careless.

ps i'd rather ave the bbc's at broomgrove rd with all the best guys competing than at the best wall in the world with half of them, but i suppose that wouldn't make money  :P

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
anybody know what the time the bbc's are today?

a dense loner

• forum hero
women quals now, men 11. allgedly, finals normally 4ish

uptown

• junky
ps i'd rather ave the bbc's at broomgrove rd with all the best guys competing:P

...and there'd be no point in me winning them - it'd prove nothing.  ;D

rodma

• forum hero
Dense - chance to have the BBC on the World Cup wall versus clashing with Eindhoven. Hmmm, let me think about that one for a moment  :-\

They were nice boards graeme and very good problems, the setters did a great job. I actually had a really nice time, despite climbing like a sack of spuds.

The only downside was dropping from the top, that was a little bit scary.

galpinos

• forum hero

So did the wads get back in time? They didn't seem to win for the results i saw. Too tired?

account_inactive

• forum hero
A few wads did come back and still managed to get in the final.  However it wasn't a level playing field as they were tired from a short drive to Holland :furious:

Paul B

• forum hero

So did the wads get back in time? They didn't seem to win for the results i saw. Too tired?

See, this is the problem.

I think its a strange decision to opt for a better wall than having the top British competitors at errr the BBC's, its not as if there aren't any good comp walls around these days is it?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

See, this is the problem.

I think its a strange decision to opt for a better wall than having the top British competitors at errr the BBC's, its not as if there aren't any good comp walls around these days is it?

Rockover even offered to host the BBC's for free (So i was told? I might be wrong?)

I think not having your top competitors at your top British event is well, errr, ridiculous.  :shrug:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
A few wads did come back and still managed to get in the final.  However it wasn't a level playing field as they were tired from a short drive to Holland :furious:

Jonny didn't look too tired though did he.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Rockover even offered to host the BBC's for free (So i was told? I might be wrong?)

It was Awesome Stoke that made the offer although Rockover might also have done. But how is that relevant?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

It was Awesome Stoke that made the offer although Rockover might also have done. But how is that relevant?

Ahh my mistake. I did actually mean Stoke. Doh!
Well it's not really, but it means it could have been moved. Albeit last minute.
Either way, i am not going to loose sleep over it. Was just saying its like having the Football world cup finals without Brazil, Germany and Argentina.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Ahh my mistake. I did actually mean Stoke. Doh!
Well it's not really, but it means it could have been moved. Albeit last minute.
Either way, i am not going to loose sleep over it. Was just saying its like having the Football world cup finals without Brazil, Germany and Argentina.

Yes it could have been moved, to Stoke or The Works or wherever. But that is not the point. Having the BBC in a PUBLIC place on a fuck off fantastic wall that acted as a dry run for the World Cup is the point. Dave/Stew/Diane deciding to go to Eindhoven instead of the BBC was their choice. Leah & Gaz decided not to go to Eindhoven.

If you and Dense are saying that Nigel and Leah are not true BBC Champions and are in reality 4th/2nd place then you are being fucking rude to them. Leah won last year and Nigel looked fucking good, good enough to beat Gaz who beat Dave in the CWIF.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

Yes it could have been moved, to Stoke or The Works or wherever. But that is not the point. Having the BBC in a PUBLIC place on a fuck off fantastic wall that acted as a dry run for the World Cup is the point. Dave/Stew/Diane deciding to go to Eindhoven instead of the BBC was their choice. Leah & Gaz decided not to go to Eindhoven.

Leah and Gaz don't got world rankings at stake.

If you and Dense are saying that Nigel and Leah are not true BBC Champions and are in reality 4th/2nd place then you are being fucking rude to them. Leah won last year and Nigel looked fucking good, good enough to beat Gaz who beat Dave in the CWIF.

Its not just me and Dense that are saying it. Its been a hot topic at the crag. All of the same opinion.
And lets not turn this into something its not. No one is saying they aren't true champions. They may very well still have won. But we will never know.

Anyway, what's done is done.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Leah and Gaz don't got world rankings at stake.

Its not just me and Dense that are saying it. Its been a hot topic at the crag. All of the same opinion.
And lets not turn this into something its not. No one is saying they aren't true champions. They may very well still have won. But we will never know.

Anyway, what's done is done.

Well Dense is saying that they aren't true champions. I know that we will never know.

You are ignoring my points, yes Gaz & Leah don't have top 10 rankings to defend but neither did Dave or Stew when the decision was made. It might be the talk of the crag but the crag does not see the whole picture.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal