UKBouldering.com

British Bouldering Champs & Bouldering World Cup come to Sheffieldshire (Read 43016 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Either way, keep up the good work!  :kiss2:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
And what the fuck language do you speak? "don't got world rankings at stake. " is meaningless bollocks, please write in something that approaches English.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
And what the fuck language do you speak? "don't got world rankings at stake. " is meaningless bollocks, please write in something that approaches English.

Fuck off. No need for that. Was a typo.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

A typo for what exactly? Please explain.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Sponsorship is only offered to the top 4 places in the team (if I'm correct).  This means that if you wanted to get money to compete the next year then you would have to do as many WC comps as possible.  Also the team manager chose the people who would go to Holland.

Either way this could have been avoided by hosting the comp on another date and still allowing THE team to train on the wall before the comp.

I'm not saying that Nige or Leah wouldn't have won, but it would have made for a better competition

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

I meant haven't, not 'don't'.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

I meant 'havent, not 'don't'.

"I meant 'havent, not 'don't'." is not a typo. Do you understand the difference between a spelling mistake (ie a typo) and actually writing a different word?  Apparently not

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

I meant 'havent, not 'don't'.

"I meant 'havent, not 'don't'." is not a typo. Do you understand the difference between a spelling mistake (ie a typo) and actually writing a different word?  Apparently not

Grow up Graeme. Before you come across even more badly than you already have.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
still allowing THE team to train on the wall before the comp.

But the wall would not have existed before the World Cup without the BBC happening beforehand

Red

• addict
Is it that much of an advantage for the British team to train on the wall beforehand at the clear expense of their success in the BBCs? But our best climbers didn't even get to climb on the wall!!

Does this approach not devalue our homegrown competition, and also give an unfair advantage over other foreign competitors?

Are you suggesting that our success in foreign comps is more important than national comps?

This argument does not compute if you are suggesting that success in domestic comps is undisputed when most of the top competitors were not there/severely handicapped.

P.s. I checked thoroughly for spelling mistakes before posting this

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

"Was a typo". Sorry Adam but I must pull you up on this one. You should have said "It was a typographical error on my part" you fucking idiot, stop destroying the English language.

And if you are going to punter people for some harmless piss taking then you are indeed a twat. Or is that a typo and I meant twit.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

"Was a typo". Sorry Adam but I must pull you up on this one. You should have said "It was a typographical error on my part" you fucking idiot, stop destroying the English language.

And if you are going to punter people for some harmless piss taking then you are indeed a twat. Or is that a typo and I meant twit.

As i said before. Grow up Graeme. Before you come across even more badly than you already have.
This is ukbouldering, not ukclimbing.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Is it that much of an advantage for the British team to train on the wall beforehand at the clear expense of their success in the BBCs? But our best climbers didn't even get to climb on the wall!!

Does this approach not devalue our homegrown competition, and also give an unfair advantage over other foreign competitors?

Are you suggesting that our success in foreign comps is more important than national comps?

This argument does not compute if you are suggesting that success in domestic comps is undisputed when most of the top competitors were not there/severely handicapped.

P.s. I checked thoroughly for spelling mistakes before posting this

I am having an argument/discussion/whatever with Adam and he has puntered me but only after a direct reply from me. So why are you puntering me after no direct argumnet/discussion/whatever?

Red

• addict
Graeme, you are being rude to Adam and that is why I puntered you.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Graeme, you are being rude to Adam and that is why I puntered you.

If you are going to punter people for being rude to others then you will have your work cut out. Have you puntered Adam for telling me to fuck off? No thought not.

Red

• addict
 :yawn:

why do you feel the need to get so arsey and rude Graeme? There is no need for it. This is not the first time this has happened, and not the first time you have offended people who are just giving an opinion (or not, as the case may be... you know what I am talking about). This is a forum, and also a reflection of the world.. you know, where people actually have different opinions - whether they are the same as yours or not.

Pointing out typographical errors do not maketh the man.

Anyway, apologies to everyone for the digression. That's me over and out.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:45:02 am by Red »

rodma

• forum hero

Yes it could have been moved, to Stoke or The Works or wherever. But that is not the point. Having the BBC in a PUBLIC place on a fuck off fantastic wall that acted as a dry run for the World Cup is the point. Dave/Stew/Diane deciding to go to Eindhoven instead of the BBC was their choice. Leah & Gaz decided not to go to Eindhoven.

Leah and Gaz don't got world rankings at stake.

If you and Dense are saying that Nigel and Leah are not true BBC Champions and are in reality 4th/2nd place then you are being fucking rude to them. Leah won last year and Nigel looked fucking good, good enough to beat Gaz who beat Dave in the CWIF.

Its not just me and Dense that are saying it. Its been a hot topic at the crag. All of the same opinion.
And lets not turn this into something its not. No one is saying they aren't true champions. They may very well still have won. But we will never know.

Anyway, what's done is done.

Well Dense is saying that they aren't true champions. I know that we will never know.

You are ignoring my points, yes Gaz & Leah don't have top 10 rankings to defend but neither did Dave or Stew when the decision was made. It might be the talk of the crag but the crag does not see the whole picture.

I'm really glad it was held in the park on what was a beautiful warm weekend, but I can see where the others are coming from, as it didn't really feel like the British Championships ...but that may just be because there wasn't any drizzle and people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

a dense loner

• forum hero
Bloodyhell chalk bags at Dawn! Ice no need to put words in my mouth graham I ave no qualms in saying what I think. Ice meant uve. I've nothing but respect for people like gaz etc. My point was simple, they always are I'm no genius. If the best comp climbers aren't at the comp then what's the point? I'm saying tey're the best cos that's what rankings tell us

rodma

• forum hero
If the best comp climbers aren't at the comp then what's the point? I'm saying tey're the best cos that's what rankings tell us

Stew wasn't there last year either though, so the comp was only one missing little-dave and one Diane due to the world cup.

Maybe if I had done better I would be upset, or if I was in Dave's position

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
still allowing THE team to train on the wall before the comp.

But the wall would not have existed before the World Cup without the BBC happening beforehand

Graham what exactly does this mean? Was there some deal that both had to happen on the same wall?

Great thread btw

Paul B

• forum hero
Stew wasn't there last year either though, so the comp was only one missing little-dave and one Diane due to the world cup.

The results in Eindhoven:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=56076

...do make you raise your eyebrows though. Not bad placings in a world cup event.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal