Any news on a release date?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

reeve

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: North Wales Slate
June 08, 2010, 03:31:57 pm
Assuming you'll see this Simon: I imagine it's a bit further away than the slate guide, but what about Gogarth South?

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: North Wales Slate
June 08, 2010, 06:59:38 pm

Last info from Pantontino

I got a little peek after that thread and have to say it looks like a stunning guide. Some of the photos really are stunning. If only my damn fingers would let me get to it!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:21:06 pm by Paul B »

chummer

• forum abuser
#4 Re: North Wales Slate
June 08, 2010, 07:05:37 pm
Don't hold your breath lads, I've heard Simon has just been commissioned to write a beginners guide to slopey traverses and is going to wait until more easy routes are put up in the quarries before printing the slate guide so he can sell more. As an aside,  I also heard that he had some affordable housing knocked down near Llanberis and is now having a mansion built on the plot, and that was just from the revenue off his bouldering scene and stone circles column...as for the Gogarth guide, all I've heard are rumors and speculation but based on these it looks like he's waiting to release it as an I Phone application in 2012.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#5 Re: North Wales Slate
June 09, 2010, 02:14:59 pm
Don't hold your breath lads, I've heard Simon has just been commissioned to write a beginners guide to slopey traverses and is going to wait until more easy routes are put up in the quarries before printing the slate guide so he can sell more. As an aside,  I also heard that he had some affordable housing knocked down near Llanberis and is now having a mansion built on the plot, and that was just from the revenue off his bouldering scene and stone circles column...as for the Gogarth guide, all I've heard are rumors and speculation but based on these it looks like he's waiting to release it as an I Phone application in 2012.

Chummer, drinking again, and so early in the day - tut, tut!

Get back to undergrading all the V5s on that climbing wall of yours...but not until you've read this:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=411113

See Mark Stevenson's post at 14.42 Wed  ;)

Pantontino

• forum hero
#6 Re: North Wales Slate
June 09, 2010, 02:20:15 pm

I would say now that August is a realistic date. There are good reasons (aside from the usual slippery deadline excuses) for the delay, including the last minute development of a very exciting new area.

Pantontino

• forum hero
#7 Re: North Wales Slate
June 09, 2010, 02:34:08 pm
Assuming you'll see this Simon: I imagine it's a bit further away than the slate guide, but what about Gogarth South?

As soon as the Llanberis Slate files are sent to the printer we will be shifting most of our resources to finishing off the Gogarth South guide (we have already made a number of the chapters).

I said 'most' because we are also producing a North Wales winter climbing supplement. This is a co-author job between myself and Mark 'Baggy' Richards of the much visited blog:

http://wwwbaggy.blogspot.com/

We are also just about to release a supplement authored by Zippy: Recent Developments on Peak Limestone. This should be in the shops in the next few weeks.

Busy times at the Ground Up mansion, although I'm sure I'll find time this afternoon to pop out and polish the gold plated Rolls Royce!

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
#8 Re: North Wales Slate
June 09, 2010, 06:13:54 pm
That's really good news - I was in joe brown's in llanberis a few weeks ago and the guy there told me that the slate guide had pretty much fallen through and wasn't going to happen. Looking forward to getting my hands on one!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#9 Re: North Wales Slate
June 08, 2011, 08:11:35 pm
I had a quick search but could not find it. Is this guide out yet? the last update I can found is this one

Paul B

• forum hero
#10 Re: North Wales Slate
June 08, 2011, 11:33:38 pm
No, sadly its not out yet.

Pantontino

• forum hero
#11 Re: North Wales Slate
June 09, 2011, 09:11:59 am
Sorry folks but we are still fiddling with it. Also First Hydro haven't signed the Dali's Hole management agreement with the BMC yet - this should happen very soon though.

Won't be long...I promise.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#12 Re: North Wales Slate
June 10, 2011, 08:05:39 pm
Wasting too much time polishing the gold plated Roller when your slaves should be doing it for you. Ask sloper for some advice on underlings.

Pantontino

• forum hero
#13 Re: North Wales Slate
June 12, 2011, 12:34:10 pm
Wasting too much time polishing the gold plated Roller when your slaves should be doing it for you. Ask sloper for some advice on underlings.

The underlings are too busy counting all the heaps of cash I made (not) when the winter guide fell flat on its face. Publish a winter guide and the next day all the snow melts - knowing my luck the slate quarries will collapse in a pile of dust the day the guide hits the shops!

Actually my mood has been significantly bouyed this morning as I've just received some amazing historical (1971) pics from Claude Davies: Joe Brown on the first ascent of Hamadryad and Pete Crew and Ian McNaught Davis on the second ascent of Opening Gambit, both on the big bad North Wall of Twll Mawr - the final piece of the jigsaw falls into place!   :dance1:

davetherud

• word to the hummingbird
#14 Re: North Wales Slate
June 12, 2011, 07:01:54 pm
nice one si, so when d'ya reccon it'll be in v12?

Doylo

• forum hero
#15 Re: North Wales Slate
June 12, 2011, 09:12:34 pm
I'm gonna get into winter climbing next year just so i have to buy the guide   :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal