UKBouldering.com

Albarracin - Too warm in May? (Read 3139 times)

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 02, 2010, 08:01:35 pm
As above really; I'm about to book this up.

Cheers  :)

dave

#1 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 02, 2010, 09:07:13 pm
We were planning to go at easter once, april, everyone said we were mad cos it would be boiling. We went anyway and it snowed. Make of that what you will.

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 02, 2010, 09:14:54 pm
We went in April last year and it was fine. Step into the sun, nice and warm, step under one of the many roofs, not a problem. I wouldn't try Aeroline in the middle of the day but really I can't see it being too intolerable.

La Taberna in the town center does good food if you're interested and, El Gato Negro is the climbers bar and a fairly good scene. You can get set menu's for half of f*ck all.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#3 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 03, 2010, 12:02:38 am
Fuck. I wish we'd had some of that knowledge before we went. We spent the entire rest day (ok... the afternoon) wandering around the town, looking for "THAT" corner, and trying to find somewhere to eat. We found all sorts of shit, but nowhere which looked like a nice (cheap) place to eat, and certainly not anything which could be described as the "climbers bar". We spent a while playing on the wall instead. That's good fun too. We all thought we'd do a Jason Kehl, but none of us were man enough to get stood up on top of the turrets, let alone jump between them!

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 03, 2010, 11:30:29 am
First time we went (as there was two of us in a cabin) we worked out we could have had a hotel and eaten out every night for the same price or possibly less. The little supermarket is a fortune. I can keep handing out beta all day, the bakers is opposite.

richie0210

• regular
#5 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 04, 2010, 12:26:09 pm
Spent a couple of weeks there last June. Yes it was very very hot (great tan). Be selective,stay off the friction orientated routes, climb in the shade, get up early etc etc. Like said above, there's lots of roofs and plenty of choice to be able to find routes out of the direct sun light. Better to be there whilst its warm than not at all ;D. Return at colder time of year with a little knowledge and a list of projects. I'm certainly jealous

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#6 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 13, 2010, 10:12:35 pm
Anyone stayed somewhere that isn't the cabins? I'm not going to camp so looking for a recommendation of a hostel or hotel.

Cheers all.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#7 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 26, 2010, 04:43:02 pm
I have now sorted out a hotel...

Does anyone happen to know if anywhere hires out pads there? Ryanair want silly money in baggage charges.

Cheers.

David A

#8 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 26, 2010, 05:14:54 pm
The campsite have pads to hire irrespective of whether you are staying there or not.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#9 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 26, 2010, 06:22:44 pm
Cheers David - beats paying Ryanair anymore cash.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#10 Re: Albarracin - Too warm in May?
April 26, 2010, 08:13:01 pm
Cheers David - beats paying Ryanair anymore cash.

Here's a novel idea, if you don't like the way Ryanair price their services....don't fly with the fuckers!  :shrug:  :wall:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal