UKBouldering.com

Best hill in Peak for snowboarding (near the train) (Read 11216 times)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Someone really needs to fix that old drag lift in the Jacobs ladder field

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
There was no sign of it yesterday, had a chat to a few locals and didn't seem like its been seen since the eighties. Possibly owned by a uni club?

dave

word I noticed a fairly big sledging and snowboard scene going down in blingham park yesterday. might be hand for any S11 homies if you don't fancy the drive up to blinginglow.

SamT

• forum hero
Been out to Mam Tor today, really wind blown and scoured. Couple of gullys off the back (edale side) full of nice powder, but not really worth the 15 minute slog for 5 quick (albeit perfectly steep) turns.

Gully on the face was border(sic)  line. too many rocks poking out for my liking, Wants a really good dump and no wind for that one.

Saw a team walking up the road (Works Sam I think) just as we where leaving. Waddage for walking all the way from Castleton in horrible spindrift. I was lucky enough to have a lift up in a landy. I want one now!!.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Winnats 4wd only then? How did the slopes N of the main face look?

SamT

• forum hero
Winnats 4wd only then?
- Well - at that time, yeah. We had a little traffic jam on the steep bit involving a grumpy JCB driver who was busy shifting snow (no grit like, which would have made a HUGE difference) and a 4x4 coming down. We all managed to avoid each other though. Was probably 4x4 from the top, round the hair pin and up to the car park at mam tor too. Oddly , it had been gritted from there onwards to Chapel, and was virtually clear. (as though the gritter came up from chapel, turned round at the car park and went back  :shrug: )

How did the slopes N of the main face look?

:shrug: do you mean the ones north east of the face, on the castleton side - they where pretty grassy, with some wind blown filled gullys, You could have got some lines down them I think.

Off the back, north face, facing edale was equally scoured, due to the wind blowing right along from lose hill,
again a few small filled gullys, one of which I grabbed a few turns down, but not really worth the effort of walking again. Would love to get off the back of lose hill, if its not too scoured.

will post some piccies later

The steep sides of winnats may be worth a look tomorrow.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
More Mam Tor action from today y'all

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal