UKBouldering.com

Font Film to End all Font Films - "Between The Trees" (Read 83225 times)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
My problem now is when I try to download it again, it pops a window up saying "transferring betweenthetrees[1] from 16uof98u", which I presume is a temp file (that I can't find).  And all I get is a broken mpeg.

So now I'm downloading it onto one of the other PCs whilst looking for this alleged 16uof98u  :wank:

First person to make any penguin references dies.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
 :whistle:

Just watching again, not trying to rub it in, but the best thing about it is, is how munch fun Keith & Tyler are having, just the same as everyone else who visits does.  Oh and the soundtrack is great, goes well with the action throughout.

cofe

• forum hero
Just watching again, not trying to rub it in, but the best thing about it is, is how munch fun Keith & Tyler are having, just the same as everyone else who visits does.

so it's about them eating, not climbing? weird.

p.s. penguins penguins blah blah blah   ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
It's working now, I can only assume the temp file has been deleted (but not by me)  :-\   
So I will have 2 copies (maybe).  Should look good on the Kray's screen.

PS:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

stom

• addict
    • Some Videos
Had the download drop out on me 4 times now! :thumbsdown:  The download speed when i started trying this evening was 160KB/sec and now when i try its down to 30KB/sec...... anyone else having difficulty?  Heavy traffic possibly causing it in the server?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Heavy traffic possibly causing it in the server?

Only one somebody could answer that.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
been pretty steady so far, in fact gone up from 99kb/s to 113kb/s - 1hr 56m..........

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
I've been at the wall while the download was converted to h264 and I'm only half way through watching it on my phone (no sound on home pc :'() but despite losing the hd it's got to be the best bouldering film I've ever seen.

I'm caught between pissing myself laughing and straight jaw dropping at Tyler's crushing

an awesome effort, well done Keith :bow: :bow: :bow:

can't wait to get back to the forest  :bounce:

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Dear all. I can't say this sincerely enough, but thank you so much for all the praise and support. I'll be perfectly honest and say that I was nervous about this whole thing. I wasn't sure if everything was going to fall apart so I'm pretty relieved right now that you guys/gals enjoyed it.

For me the greatest compliments have been in the form of the comments on here and the emails I've received. I have the ultimate satisfaction when people email me saying that they have been inspired to go climbing, or to visit font, or to train that little bit harder. That's pretty much all I want, to inspire people to go out and enjoy doing what they love. That's what keeps me in this game. It's what I love to do. I love climbing.

A few tech things. Bandwidth won't be an issue at my end as I have a private server set up and a ridiculous amount of resources at my disposal. Lots of people are reporting 2Mbps downloads... The film is encoded with h264, although technically it will be identified as avc1. I did this to ensure maximum compatibility, as this is a very common format in this day and age. I did put up some tech instructions at my site, so head there if you have issues. Or you can always email me! I'm more than happy to help.

Thanks again for all your support. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.   :'( <- tears of joy.

Ackbar

• player
I just downloaded L'estranger but can't find where it has been downloaded to on my computer.  Any ideas?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I just downloaded L'estranger but can't find where it has been downloaded to on my computer.  Any ideas?

Go back to the page, and go through the motions of downloading again, but pause, and when the little box comes up asking you where you want to save it to, have a look at the directory, it will be indicated at the top in the middle of the dialog box, and you can likely pull down a little menu and see which directory tree its in.

Failing that try "Downloads" or try this (there'll be a more useful answer in there somewhere).

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
Great video, loved the "Yeah Right" bit! Definately inspired

Ackbar

• player

Go back to the page, and go through the motions of downloading again, but pause, and when the little box comes up asking you where you want to save it to, have a look at the directory, it will be indicated at the top in the middle of the dialog box, and you can likely pull down a little menu and see which directory tree its in.

Failing that try "Downloads" or try this (there'll be a more useful answer in there somewhere).

Argh!  Still no joy.  What is this torrent thing?  Maybe I'll try that.

cofe

• forum hero
mine downloaded ok although the file was called 'download.php'. Thankfully I'm a real computer whizz so i renamed it and hey presto it worked. Only watched a bit cos it was well late and I need my beauty sleep but what i saw was great, particularly the opening credits.

John Gillott

• addict
Mine kept stalling yesterday, but it worked when I told it to save to desktop rather than to the automatic choice of the downloads folder (on a Mac). I've no idea why this worked, but it's done the trick more than once for me.

So: click on the link in the email, wait for it to open a browser window, then click save as and direct it to save to desktop. I was using Firefox. Might be worth a try.

cofe

• forum hero
question: do I have to convert it or whatever so I can put it on an ip***e?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Depends what version you have.  It says here that the 3GS has a built in codec for the 720p HD format the film is in.

Or you can just go ahead and convert it as per these instructions

(Caveat : I don't have an iPhone and have no real idea what I'm talking about in this domain  :P tomtom might be able to help)

northerngreg

• player
  • slayer
Excellent offering once again Keith. I applaud your efforts, and especially Ty's crushing capacity. Seriously, you must have read the guidebook wrongly. No one can make problems of that difficulty look so easy...... surely? Brilliant filming and excellent editing. It is a very crisp and honed film that truly illustrates Font at it's finest. God I love that forest.

Can't wait for my trip there in April. I'm not quite up to either of your standards, but you've given me some ideas - Watchtower looks right up my street. Prepare for a siege.

Keith, I think you have given me the missing link in my training formula:

Between The Trees + Beastmaker 2000 = Immeasurable crushing capability

Top banana, nice one, smashing stuff, wicked, nuff said.

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
Cofe

I converted the download using real converter (cos it's simple) so that I could watch it on my iphone (3g but not S). It took about 4 hours but the converted file is only 1/2 gb and although clearly not HD is very watchable. some other videos I've converted this way have ended up massively pixelated but in this case that was only an issue for less than 5% of the film, little enough to ignore for the benefit of portability.

the lack of sound on my computer is a hardware issue nothing to do with the file but i can't wait for the DVD to arrive for that big screen and stereo sound effect = maximum pscyhe!!

benpritch

• forum abuser

get mpeg streamclip, does a lovely job of converting video files to all sort of useful formats very easily.

benpritch

• forum abuser

get mpeg streamclip, does a lovely job of converting video files to all sort of useful formats very easily.

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

cofe

• forum hero
thanks boys. loved your orange hat at rempart by the way pritch.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Think that fine man Keith has done the conversion for you. Perhaps. So my sources tell me...

cofe

• forum hero
your sources are so yesterday JD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal