UKBouldering.com

Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread (Read 361618 times)

Dolly

• forum hero

Dolly

• forum hero
You need the commentary on

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Commentary is great. Nice insinuation that the Cons don't take many wickets

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :lol:

JackAus

• junky
Ahahahaha... Quality!

Matt N

• things are looking up
    • blogger - what's it all about?
Ha ha... that's it commentators... we should ban high fiving; it's just so dangerous... what's more Ozzy men are not meant to be showing emotions   :oops:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
so ahead of the second ashes series tonight any predictions
I think it will be a series draw 2-2.

The convicts looked okay over the summer and with a bit more experience they might be able to actually win a mtach.
Also Michael Clarke's captiancy was excellent over the summer hopefully cook will of learned something from this.
Unlike punter I dont actually mind Michael Clarke

-Edit- How come Bresnan has not gone? still got back issues?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:19:35 pm by Grubes »

rich d

• forum hero
so ahead of the second ashes series tonight any predictions
I think it will be a series draw 2-2.

The convicts looked okay over the summer and with a bit more experience they might be able to actually win a mtach.
Also Michael Clarke's captiancy was excellent over the summer hopefully cook will of learned something from this.
Unlike punter I dont actually mind Michael Clarke
Hmm, I think we might all be believing the hype the Aussies are throwing out, combined with years of having the Aussie boot on our throat. Remember Clarke has lost 7 out of the last 9 tests and they lost the ashes 3 0 with England hardly firing. England are going about their business quietly and look to be focussing on the game, whereas the Aussies are giving a good impression that they believe ashes are won in sledging. Clarke was a right grumpy/stressed captain in his latest press conference - could be the weight of expectation on his shoulders and reality of the task as for some reason the majority of the Aussie public seem to think they'll win.

Not too concerned about the record at the Gabba, it's a flat track that get's flatter. If we survive the first morning's play/new ball then we should be able to post a demoralising score (we got 500 and a bit for one in the second innings last time down under)

Should be a hard fought series, but over 5 tests the best sides tend to come out on top and that is still England. Bring it on  :popcorn:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Bresnan is back in full training and should be fit for the second test. Looks like Tremlett is most likely to deputise in the first. Sounds as if Prior may well have recovered from his calf injury which would be a massive boost.

Remains to be seen how Carberry will do opening the batting as seems likely. Hope he does well, he has the talent but I'm a little concerned that his selection is based on a couple of innings against low quality bowling in which by most accounts he still looked a little shaky (despite the scores). Of course, if it works then having Root further down the order could be a masterstroke.

I agree that the Aussies are more talk than substance. If Mitchell Johnson is their not so secret weapon then we've not got much to be scared of. He can be devastatingly quick but his temperament is still suspect and he's just as likely to get wayward and get smashed all round the park. Their preparations have hardly been ideal with Watto unlikely to bowl (at least to start with) it puts a lot of pressure on Siddle and Harris to stay fit and bowl a lot of overs. Also it's not surprising that Clarke seems tetchy when all the pressure is on them.

Get at least a draw in this test and we'll win the series, lose it and maybe they'll scrape a drawn series but I can't see us losing.

As an aside, it's good to see that DRS will include real time snicko to back up hotspot. Snicko seemed by far the more accurate bit of technology in the previous series so it's a positive that they've got it sorted (especially as they were going to shelve hotspot completely at one point).

Wish I could stay up all night.  :(

Come on England.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
As an aside, it's good to see that DRS will include real time snicko to back up hotspot. Snicko seemed by far the more accurate bit of technology in the previous series so it's a positive that they've got it sorted (especially as they were going to shelve hotspot completely at one point).
good point but more importantly is it the same umpires as the last five tests?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Not quite.....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/687133.html

The crooked finger of doom is back!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
excellent, shame hes only on the field once and third umpire once.

Ashes 2013-14 umpires

Brisbane - Dar, Dharmasena; Erasmus (TV umpire)
Adelaide - Erasmus, Dharmasena; Hill
Perth - Erasmus, Bowden; Hill
Melbourne - Dar, Dharmasena; Bowden
Sydney - Dar, Erasmus; Hill

tomtom

• forum hero
Excited - and looking forward to falling asleep at 11:45pm whilst waiting for it to start :)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Looking forward to waking up early and listening to tms as it should carry on a tad later with the midnight start?  :popcorn:

tomtom

• forum hero
Looking forward to waking up early and listening to tms as it should carry on a tad later with the midnight start?  :popcorn:

Thats true - though either way I'll get it in the neck from MrsTT - bed too late or up too early.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Yep. I'll (quite rightly) get "how come you can get up at 6 for this but not for anything else?". I have no answer either!  :guilty:

tomtom

• forum hero

Yep. I'll (quite rightly) get "how come you can get up at 6 for this but not for anything else?". I have no answer either!  :guilty:

The real answer is "because its more interesting"... but you know NEVER to say that... :D

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Here's hoping that every single Aussie walks when they get a nick  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero

I'm looking forward to them spunking all their reviews early on so they have to ;) just like last time....

rich d

• forum hero

I'm looking forward to them spunking all their reviews early on so they have to ;) just like last time...

And sir Geoff pissing himself live on air. "You've got not reviews left lads"

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
No strictly true chaps...this is the first series where they're using what's being called the "Monopoly reviews" - if a team gets to 80 overs then their reviews get topped back up to 2.

Should at least help the Aussies once we're 400-and-some-odd for none and they need some more referrals!

tomtom

• forum hero
#972 Balls to the Aussies the cricket thread
November 20, 2013, 11:53:15 pm
So in bed listening on the iplayer whilst mrsTT gently serenades me with a two tone snore ;)
Game on

JackAus

• junky
Live scoreboard if anyone wants it:

http://livescores.cricket.com.au/summary_2817_1.html

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
A good first day for the "cheating Poms"  :boxing:

Nice to see Broad nab Clarke for 1 as well  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal