UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357857 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Just been reading The Secret Footballer.  Joey Barton anyone?

Its a good column - the comments after it are usually full of guesses 'I know who it is' comments etc.. Danny Mills seems to be a favourite guess/deduction..

EDIT: Sorry - Danny Murphy.. (its early..)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:06:53 am by tomtom »

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Completely agree about both sides going up.
Obviously I'd still love us to get the second automatic spot, assuming Charlton stay top, but I'm afraid it looks like the play offs for us.
Your prediction might be wrong ...

I get the feeling it will be hudds V a sheffield team at Wembley this season

I don't think the league could pick a better fixture for the neutral
:popcorn:
I think mine might be too. We are shocking I can not see us beatin MK Doninc. This our last season with a chance for a while too. With the wage restrictions our squad will be sold off over the to meet the FA rules.

I retweeted something interesting well to me at least on twitter the other day:
#cafc spent £2million less on wages than Huddersfield this season - and £1m less than both Sheffield clubs
I actually backed charlton to win the league (with I put a decent not some throw away bet on now). Not just becasue they brought in 22 new players but because I believed Chris powell was going to be a fantastic manager. Watching them play at the end of the season last year they were playing some great football. but just seemed to be lacking the right players.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the championship, can he repeat southamptons achievement.

Nigel Adkins is still a up his own arse twat but well done on the promotion.

The championship play offs look like they could be interesting.
West Ham V Cardiff - two very intimidating places to play. The atmosphere will be pretty scary on the west ham home leg if when we went down to millwall is anything to go by.
Blues V Tangerines - two good teams who have been there and done it before

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Hodgson for England!! Better bet that Redknapp anyway IMO!

tomtom

• forum hero

He'll be a headline writers favourite... "wally with the bwolly" etc.....

Pointless job. Pointless team. FA have somehow managed to make the poisoned chalice even worse....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
The championship play offs look like they could be interesting.
West Ham V Cardiff - two very intimidating places to play. The atmosphere will be pretty scary on the west ham home leg if when we went down to millwall is anything to go by.

Bet South Wales Police and the Met loved that one coming up, a night match in Cardiff then the 2nd leg a late kick-off on Bank Holiday Monday.  All the away tickets should go to ST holders but there always seems to be a few nutters get hold of them somehow, could be carnage.

Meanwhile Blues get a bank holiday weekend in Blackpool, very difficult to call this one, we took 4 points off them this season but on current form I suspect it will be very close, probably two draws, and wouldn't bet against ET and possibly penalties to decide the 2nd leg, KP no doubt getting the winner.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

He'll be a headline writers favourite... "wally with the bwolly" etc.....

Pointless job. Pointless team. FA have somehow managed to make the poisoned chalice even worse....

yeah yeah yeah

best man for the job in the mould of Bobby Robson when he took over, vast european experience which no other English candidate can touch.  On that basis alone he should have been the only name on the shortlist all along.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

A nation rejoices!

With any luck his first task will be to take on the prima donnas who thhinnk they runn the team, rather than the manager.

rich d

• forum hero
Hodgson may not be sparkling, but he's the most qualified English manager for the job. Look at the way honest harry's season has stuttered when the pressure came on, I wouldn't say that boded well for an English manager. Realistically it doesn't matter who we have in charge, we're shit and overrated as an international team. Here comes another summer of mediocre performance, at least the Olympic media feeding frenzy may dilute some of the hype.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Could be quite a sensible move by the FA (  :o ).

Expectations will be a lot lower with Woy in charge instead of 'Onest 'Arry but he'll probably actually do a much better job. Plus he'll cost a lot less.

I'd still have let Psycho have a bash at Euro 2012 though.

Dolly

• forum hero
My prediction was (happily) wrong Grubes.
I'm assuming of course that both us and the blunts will win on Saturday.
Hillsborough has been sold out for a couple of days so I'm expecting a promotion party :)

I'm not sure how the blunts will get on against Stevenage (having only drawn at home against them on Saturday. I couldn't watch it  - I was too stressed)and TBH I'm not sure how you'll fare against MK Dons as they seem to be doing OK and you're having a bit of a slump. Funny things can happen in the play offs

It would be good to see you vs the blunts in the final though

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Steady on Dolly. I fully expect Wednesday to win the final game but.........

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Plus he'll cost a lot less.

They will be shit no matter who is in charge, so may as well save some cash.

In other news - Super Super Saints! I'm not really a dedicated fan, but got a very drunken call from my brother Saturday afternoon at the match and I think that's what he was saying.

Duma

• forum hero
In other news - Super Super Saints! I'm not really a dedicated fan, but got a very drunken call from my brother Saturday afternoon at the match and I think that's what he was saying.

:2thumbsup: few years since I lived down there, but good to see them go up. Hope they'll still play like that next year, and get the rewards for the ambition as Swansea have done. Would be pretty difficult to be a dedicated fan from Aberdeen Chris!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Fair play to Southampton, they've played good football this season and have seen a return on the cash that's been put into the squad (quite a lot but nowhere near Leicester / West Ham levels).

Unfortunately, after the way he behaved last season, I will always consider Nigel Adkins to be a prize cock.

Dolly

• forum hero
Steady on Dolly. I fully expect Wednesday to win the final game but.........

;D
I know I know.
I'm just excited

Duma

• forum hero
after the way he behaved last season, I will always consider Nigel Adkins to be a prize cock.
no argument there.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
I think with Hodgson in charge, England will find it easy against Sweden but might Stwuggle against the Ukwaine and Fwance.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Didn't get the tickets in the end  :'( father in law took precedence....

Feeling  :sick: at the mo.  Hope it lives up to expectations.  Interesting Euro team sheet from the rags.

C'mon City!  :boxing:

tomtom

• forum hero
Is there a game in Manchester tonight? MrsTT said the traffic was bad on her way home from work...

Anyway - the shock news here in East Yorkcestershire is that the manager of the mighty Tigers (ickle Nicky Barmby) has been suspended !?!?!? by the owners! WTF?

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Hull-City-comment-Nick-Barmby-rumours-updated/story-15960502-detail/story.html

Seems like he made a press statement along the lines of "the owners need to spend some money for us to do well" and the owners seem to have not liked what he said :\

Looks like the chairman Pearson has walked too :( Rubbish.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2137405/Nick-Barmby-suspended-Hull.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:15:53 pm by tomtom »

clm

• forum hero
Didn't get the tickets in the end  :'( father in law took precedence....

Feeling  :sick: at the mo.  Hope it lives up to expectations.  Interesting Euro team sheet from the rags.

C'mon City!  :boxing:

Hmmm. :-\ So far, so good... not lookin forward to the second half

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :wub:

clm

• forum hero
Ok, so top of the league. Unassailable goal difference. We go to st james's park and monster all over Newcastle...and then lose to qpr.
Why? Because we are city.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Not this time CLM. The 'typical City' days are over. One game at a time though....

tomtom

• forum hero
Dont forget that Sunlan away could be a tricky one for the Reds.... Mr O'Neil owes no favours to SAF...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Not this time CLM. The 'typical City' days are over. One game at a time though....

Tend to agree, that was not typical city last night, awesome stuff.

Same commitment against Newcastle and QPR and surely they can't raise their games high enough?

Please don't fuck it up now

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal