UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358179 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1875 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 23, 2010, 03:38:15 pm
With both teams current form I'd take a point at Southampton tonight. Going to be 25k+ there including about 3500 Brighton so it should be a cracking atmosphere and a good game.

Saints have really been talking it up with Nigel Adkins coming out with some right bollocks about us spending big to get where we are.

This is total nonsense as we only have about the 8th biggest budget in League One whereas Southampton have one of (if not the) biggest. They spent more on one player (Rickie Lambert) than we did on our three "big signings" Murray, Bennett and Greer put together and pay wages Brighton players can only dream about (three times what we can pay in some cases).

This has riled the Brighton fans and will have pissed Poyet off as he's mentioned people spouting similar crap about the club before. Hopefully he can use it as motivation for the players to pull out a big performance and stuff the fuckers.

Come on Brigthton!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1876 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 23, 2010, 03:44:02 pm

Haven't had time to read the LS docs yet Jasper - there's quite a lot there  :)

As a Wednesday fan you probably know most of it already.

In short, certain members of the board have intentionally put the club in this situation so that they can take complete control. They have refused to deal with people who've put decent offers on the table and have basically shafted you fans and lied about the situation the whole time. It's all been completely avoidable and is down to a few greedy individuals. As usual. Unless you can force these people away from the club you're screwed.

That's the gist.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1877 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 24, 2010, 08:28:18 am
Thank fuck for that.
Town win 4 - 1. McDons were shite they did not deserve to the goal.

Rant Warning
Any one who has met me knows I have a strong opinion that MK Dons should not be in the football league. The fact they could potentially hold a world cup match is a spit in the face of every single wimbledon fan. The FA admitted they got it wrong when they forced Mcdons to give the trophys to AFC wimbledon. To then give a potential world cup game to them is disgraceful.
FUCK you McDons Fuck you
/rant

Thats better. Back to the game it was actually a crap game last night no atmosphere, poor crowd, I was frezing me bollocks off. The football did not flow very well. The score would of been embarrasing if not for some fantastic saves from there keeper.
At least we won.

Brighton drew 0-0 thanks to a pen save. Thats a good result for southampton

Good win for sheff Wed and now mandaric is looking to buy the club. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1878 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 24, 2010, 09:46:36 am
Followed the Brighton game on the internet. We were backs to the wall first half but defended really well. Murray came on in the second half (why he wasn't starting I have no idea) and completely changed the game. Won a penalty a minute after coming on and created lots of chances, sounds like we could have won it on a few occasions but as I said, I'll take the point.

With Charlton drawing and other results we stay 4 points clear.........which is still rather good. Only bad thing was another injury. El-Abd who has been immense recently got a massive cut on his leg and will be out for a few games. We really need to bring a couple of players in as we have some massive games coming up and the squad is looking dangerously thin!

I agree about MK Dons by the way. Should never have been allowed to happen.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1879 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 24, 2010, 10:24:54 am
Selling SWFC to Bin Laden is probably better morally and safer financially than Mandaric....

Dolly

• forum hero
#1880 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 24, 2010, 10:46:56 am
What's so bad about Mandaric ?
Its seems to me that there's no real difference between him and the group of dishonest/lying/self -protective group of idiots we've had "running" the club for the last 10 years.
Directors who have been "on holiday" when due in court, who a judge has stated in court are trading insolvently, who have sued their own fans for comments made on forums.
There's no such thing as pure money - at least with MM we'll get competence.

If any of the present board are the "new" owners when all this shakes down then I've already decided that I'm not renewing my season ticket. I've honestly just had enough of the lies and deception. I'll still go to a few games as Wednesday are still my club, but I'll feel differently about it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1881 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 25, 2010, 11:07:39 am
Looks like Mandaric has done the deal.

The reason I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club is his previous at Portsmouth and Leicester. He didn't exactly leave either in a good position financially. However, I can see why at present anything is better for Wednesday than what they currently have. As you say Dolly, the most important thing is that this is a clean break and the current board are all removed. Otherwise it's just a matter of time before this shit happens again.

In other news, today is the deadline for loan signings and there is a rumour that a big earner at Wednesday will be shipped out (I don't know who).

We desperately need to sign a left sided midfielder and probably cover at centre back too. Fingers crossed.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1884 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 09:42:53 am
For fuck's sake Brighton please practice taking penalties!  :rtfm: :furious:

Dr T

• forum hero
#1885 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 01:38:17 pm
if anyone's bother and not watching the Norwich Ipswich game is in it's 19th minute and is a bit of a cracker for a championship match

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#1886 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 02:25:11 pm
if anyone's bother and not watching the Norwich Ipswich game is in it's 19th minute and is a bit of a cracker for a championship match

It's a bloody awful game but my opinion is probably a bit biased because I am an Ipswich fan - really can't see us getting anything out of this with our defence playing as badly as it is today - Zuiverloon is looking woeful, O'Dea is no better and with Delaneys sending off it's just a matter of how many goals we ship now.  :(

tomtom

• forum hero
#1887 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 02:52:17 pm
Ipswich were the worst team I've seen at the kc this season.. Yes even worsenthan hull.. There didn't seem to be much/anyone creative..
Not having a dig, but maybe it's time for Keano to go?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#1888 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 04:11:39 pm
Feel free to have a dig - the way we are playing at the minute it is warranted.

I have been a pretty staunch defender of Keane since he was appointed but after today's display he really has got to go. I thought that things had been bad under Magilton towards the end of his time at the club as manager but the truth is that under Keane we are not making any progress from those days and are currently going backwards at a fair rate of knots. Overall he has bought some decent players - Leadbitter is usually pretty good from what I have seen though he was somewhat anonymous today, Priskin is having a much better season than last, Scotland is a good championship player and most of the other players we can turn out are of a decent standard but decent players are only any good if they have the confidence to play and under Keane it is becoming increasingly apparent that they don't have that confidence. The defence today was by far the worst that I have seen it and I have seen a fair few rubbish displays from that department in my years of following the Tractor boys - it was a bloody joke.

We have a big game on Wednesday (Carling Cup 1\4 final) and getting a result in that would keep the wolves at bay that little bit longer though in all honesty I have very few hopes of getting anything from that game. After that we have got Swansea at home I think and barring a resounding victory in that game to take the pressure off it will (I fervently hope) be Keane's last game in charge.

Dr T

• forum hero
#1889 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 04:19:38 pm

It's a bloody awful game

well it got a bit onesided after the sending off....
not the highest display of skill true (though Lansbury is still one to watch for the arsenal faithful - he might make it in the long run with Rosicky fading slowly) but as an end to end high intensity derby game it was pretty diverting for the neutral

Tomtom - how's Manone doing for you guys? any good or just another average keeper off the Arsenal production line of distinctly average keepers...

tomtom

• forum hero
#1890 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 28, 2010, 04:31:24 pm
Manone is top notch. He's brave, strong and seems to boss the box - which is what you want. I think he could well be on the way to becoming a bit of a cult hero... Not seen the snowlights from yesterdays game, but those were the first goals he's let in...

We're hoping to extend his loan all season (those are the press rumours - and there have been quite a few this week) but see what happens.. I know its only championship, but I can't see why Fabianski (sp?) is better than him...

Championships wide open - I'd put money on QPR going up and one of the welsh two, but the other place is anyones (except preston!)...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1891 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 29, 2010, 12:03:48 pm
Details of the Wednesday deal.

http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=201011291054539550W

·     Upon completion of the deal, Kenneth Cooke, Robert Grierson and Geoffrey Hulley shall resign as directors of both the Company and the Club

·     The new Board of the Club will consist of Milan Mandaric, who shall serve as Chairman and directors Howard Wilkinson and Nick Parker

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1892 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 29, 2010, 12:28:59 pm
El Clasico tonight at 8pm (Sky Sports 1) should be rather good.

Jose playing his usual pre match games.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/28/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-barcelona-referee

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1893 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 29, 2010, 09:56:17 pm
That was brilliant. Jose and Christiano stuffed at the Camp Nou.  What an amazing display of football.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1894 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2010, 09:28:48 am
Truly stunning stuff from Barca. Made Real look like a pub side for most of the game.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#1895 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2010, 09:48:16 am
Anyone surprised by the corruption revealed on Panorama, other than by the scale of it. The IOC are investigating one of them as he is also on the IOC.

What was surprising is the detail of the contracts that have never been made public over here. Although I guess the IOC made us sign something similar for 2012

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1896 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2010, 10:31:39 am
I have accepted football is basically corrupt.
I enjoy the game but I hate all the stuff behind the scenes. The news papers and the media are the biggest problem they seem to have something against England achieving anything. They release stories they have sat on for months at the worst possible time.

The FA fit and proper persons regulations are an abosolute joke I think Bin Laden would struggle to fail that test.

My advise is stick on some rose tinted glasses and try and ignore the shit that comes with football

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1897 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2010, 10:45:11 am
I have accepted football is basically totally corrupt.

I enjoy the game but I hate all the stuff behind the scenes.

:agree:

although the behind the scenes stuff is starting to take a toll on my enjoyment of the game.  The details of the World Cup contract are fucking shocking

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1898 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2010, 10:31:29 pm
Truly stunning stuff from Barca West Ham. Made Real Man Utd look like a pub side for most of the game.

:)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#1899 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2010, 10:32:26 pm
Great result for the hammers. Pleased!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal