UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358265 times)

philo

• forum hero
#1850 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 11, 2010, 04:48:31 pm
yep, nice thump to the chest.  Shame the cameras seen it this time, normally he only does this on members of the public.

FTM

tomtom

• forum hero
#1851 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 11, 2010, 07:43:51 pm
Welll, its been quite a week in the life of HCAFC....

We were beaten by the Scunts on Saturday in a rather dour affair... squad booed off at full time - and there was alot of venom - much more than I'd seen in the anti-Brown days..  >:(  We have no strikers (who can play... Garcia is not a striker. I'm not sure what he is, but he's not a striker) and while we can keep things tidy in midfield and defence, the ball gets nicely worked forward to.... nobody...

Tuesday - 2-2 draw with Leeds  - which I didnt go to... sounded like an evenish game, though I suspect we were lucky to come away with a draw (usual HCAFC defeatism here!)..

BUT... finally we have been taken over by a luurcal Egyptian tycoon, with a £150m marine business in Hull. £20m debts written off and apparently £12m on the table for January transfer market. So, despite us being close to a relegation battle - I think we're looking in much better shape now what with the debts gone - a local owner (not London investors) - and the parachute payments to come over the next 2.5 years. This year is survivial/consolidation - next year.......

Having watched a few home games, its amazing how close the championship is this year - aside from QPR, Cardiff and poss Swansea -  there seems no order - teams from bottom and top taking points from each other....

Happy days ahead  :thumbsup:  (hopefully starting at PNE tomorrow!)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#1852 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 14, 2010, 06:30:22 pm
YES, YES, FUCKING YES

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1853 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 14, 2010, 06:33:19 pm
YES, YES, FUCKING YES

Good result all round i think. Unless you support the Chelski.  :lol:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1854 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 12:43:46 pm
Poor Wednesday?  :shrug:

looks like they will go into administration
Sheffield Wednesday shareholder and former chairman Dave Allen says he is shocked at the plight of the club and believes the Yorkshire outfit will enter administration because "there are no firm offers on the table".

If they go into admin will it basically ruin any chance of promotion this year? with the 10 point deduction they will drop from 9th place to 23rd place. (as the table stands at the minute).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1855 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 01:09:35 pm
As I've said before they are obviously seriously in the shit. By the sound of things the bank (Co-op) have lost patience with them (they owe them something like £23m) so wont bail them out this time.

They're still talking about someone "saving" them but from a business perspective, why would anyone invest in them now instead of waiting for administration and the possibility of writing off a load of the debt before taking over? It would be madness.

They'd be better off getting on with it now and facing up to the fact that they're in a relegation battle (which they will then have a good chance of avoiding) than spinning it out any longer. Better that than allow someone like Mandaric to get involved!

Of course the bigger question once again is how was the club allowed to get into such a state? Pre season Wednesday were signing players and offering good wages (for this level) but they obviously couldn't afford to pay them. In fact it now appears that they should have been selling players and cutting the wage bill as they are in a total financial mess so who authorised such a kamikaze business plan?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1856 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 04:36:59 pm
This is interesting (although the article isn't very good).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/16/manchester-united-glazers-loans

I wonder where the money has come from to pay off the PIK loans?  :-\

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#1857 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 09:23:52 pm
You Cards! You Cards! You Cards!

Come on you Cards!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#1858 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 10:05:20 pm
Tarrico. Idiot. You're 30 seconds away from half time in ET, and you pick up a second booking.

For DISSENT.

Buffoon!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#1859 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 10:32:58 pm
Albion. Fourth Penno.

Well done, and congrats. You deserved to be cocky, and ten men win on penalties.

No complaints.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#1860 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2010, 10:37:02 pm
Woking missed all three of their pens. The magic of the cup.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1861 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 17, 2010, 04:18:18 pm

tomtom

• forum hero
#1862 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 17, 2010, 05:45:00 pm
Surprising amount of hip movement for a 35 year old... he should get himself on Striclty Van der Dancing (or whatever its called in the Netherlands..)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1864 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 18, 2010, 08:56:06 am
What's that Cristiano? You don't like the taste of your own medicine? Ah diddums.....

http://www.offthepost.info/2010/11/video-cristiano-ronaldo-denied-a-wonder-goal-by-greedy-nani/

:lol: :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#1866 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 18, 2010, 04:50:09 pm
What's that Cristiano? You don't like the taste of your own medicine? Ah diddums.....

http://www.offthepost.info/2010/11/video-cristiano-ronaldo-denied-a-wonder-goal-by-greedy-nani/

:lol: :lol:

Did the goal stand or did Nani's touch mean it was given offside? Awesome foot stamping though from the Diver

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#1867 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 18, 2010, 04:52:17 pm
Whoops, I should have read the report- given offside although it looks as if the ball was over the line before Nani touched it, which makes it even funnier

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1868 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 18, 2010, 05:07:18 pm
Yeah I think it was over the line so should have counted which does make it even better.  ;D

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#1870 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 20, 2010, 11:21:16 pm
FTM. Nice one Bolton - your second goal was offside but what the hell.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1871 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 21, 2010, 09:54:38 am
God what a dire game of football I witnessed at the KC yesterday afternoon.... We won - but jesus - what a shite pair of teams. The Champoinship is wide wide open.

The atmosphere reminded me of a boxing day match, when no-one (players or fans) was really bothered about what was going on, and spent the first 40 min chatting amongst themselves whilst a dour game (prompted by two 4:5:1 formations) unfolded in front of them... We fielded a team with 8 midfielders. The only non-midfielders were a centre half, a left back and the goalkeeper. Crab football ensued...

Still, the boredom gave rise to some of the funniest chanting I've heard... Bored fans started to 'keano keano give us a wave' which then turned to 'keano keano walk your dogs' - then someone pointed out that this was out of order as apparently his dog died last week. So the chant then turned to '"wheres your doggy gone, wheres your doggy gone etc..". When we scored (a long range midfield effort) the relieft was palpable. Not that we were winning - more that something had actually bloody happened in the game. This gave rise to more ironic chanting from the home fans - a stadium wide rendition of "we only sing when we're winning" and "we're winning at home...." warmed the cockles...

Anyway, my main point is - the Champoinship is wide open. I've not seen a single team this season that has struck fear into me... many have looked shocking - shite, one dimensional. This league is for the taking. Sadly, we are shocking, shite and one dimensional too... but you cant help but think that if one team gets a striker, midfielder and maybee winger of genuine class in and performing - they would rip other teams to shreds... Back to back wins takes us from relegation zone to 6 points from the play offs... bonkers. QPR look like the only side really holding it together - and maybe Cardiff. Everyone else in this division is ripe for the picking..

TT's Hull biased champoinship report is over.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1872 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 22, 2010, 03:42:23 pm
Re the Sheffield Wednesday situation this (by Lee Strafford) is worth reading (if you can cope with a lot of financial / boardroom shit) and basically shows just why they're in such a fucking mess:

SWFC 22112010

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1873 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 23, 2010, 02:48:48 pm
Full set of league one fixtures tonight.

Hudds V MK Dons. Town desperately need a win and more importantly a performance. There is only 1 league match after this one until the Brighton match. I think we will need to be on form to get any thing out of that
Saturdays match was fucking dire.

Southampton V Brighton. Big match. It will be a tough game but I think Brighton will edge it

Sheff wed V walsall must be a wednesday win. They will be bouyed by the news of a potential fans bid to buy the club

Dolly

• forum hero
#1874 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 23, 2010, 03:05:23 pm
Sheff wed V walsall must be a wednesday win. They will be bouyed by the news of a potential fans bid to buy the club

I've pledged some cash for that initiative.
There's a planned protest before the game as well tonight - could be interesting to see how many people turn up to that.
Haven't had time to read the LS docs yet Jasper - there's quite a lot there  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal