UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357794 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#900 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 15, 2010, 12:34:20 pm
We won't make Europe.  I think it's safe to say we're unlikely to be relegated now but I suspect we'll collapse once over the 40ish point line.

I thought it was 9 points for administration but who's counting, it'll be pretty fatal anyway.

So when they sack Rafa and still finish 5th it'll bankrupt them?

Stop it you tease

tomtom

• forum hero
#901 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 15, 2010, 12:42:29 pm
We won't make Europe.  I think it's safe to say we're unlikely to be relegated now but I suspect we'll collapse once over the 40ish point line.

I thought it was 9 points for administration but who's counting, it'll be pretty fatal anyway.

So when they sack Rafa and still finish 5th it'll bankrupt them?

Stop it you tease

Does that mean Hull have just got to remanin within 9 points of Liverpool to stay up  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
#902 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 08:49:34 am
Looks like we've signed Amr Zaki until the end of the season (work permit pending)..   :bounce:  :bounce:

Just as we get one striker off the naughty step another candidate appears  :) Still he did very well for the Latics in a brief period...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#903 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 09:17:05 am
Good signing.  Just have to hope there's no internationals coming up, he seems to struggle finding his was home.

Interesting weekend, liverpool mess it up again but in light of city's recent form being exposed as another false dawn they remain only four points off fourth with all the teams ahead of them struggling to maintain consistency.

tomtom

• forum hero
#904 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 09:41:47 am
Good signing.  Just have to hope there's no internationals coming up, he seems to struggle finding his was home.

Interesting weekend, liverpool mess it up again but in light of city's recent form being exposed as another false dawn they remain only four points off fourth with all the teams ahead of them struggling to maintain consistency.

;D

Apparently he's not at the ACON as he had (probably has!) a hamstring niggle. Still Hulls finest leg doctors are bound to have had a look (just as closely as they looked at Bullards knee!) and I'm sure all is fine!
To be honest if he scores 5+ goals and helps us win a couple of games I dont care if he is a grade 1 wanker, with shit attitude and glass knees... If not he'll just warm the bench with the rest of our below average strike force  :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#905 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 09:52:47 am
Still Hulls finest leg doctors are bound to have had a look (just as closely as they looked at Bullards knee!) and I'm sure all is fine!

Apparently Vierra failed his medical but was still given a £150k/wk contract.  :o

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#906 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 10:31:51 am
More good news from Old Trafford.  ;D

Good win for Brighton this weekend. Poyet showed some courage chucking his two new signings straight in at the deep end and both full backs did well by all accounts. Especially pleased about Inigo Calderon who sounds like a class act at our level:

Now all we need is to start winning some games at home and we'll start climbing the table as our away form is top notch but we're shite at the Withdean.

Villa on Saturday first though........

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#907 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 10:37:37 am

Apparently Vierra failed his medical but was still given a £150k/wk contract.  :o

Bonkers.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#908 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 02:15:22 pm
Still celebrating the extraordinary goings on at Portman Road on Saturday - four minutes extra time shown, Coventry score on 90+6 and then Counago scores on 90+7 to win the game 3-2. Chris Coleman was less than happy:

“The fourth official put four minutes up. We then scored in about the sixth, and they scored in the seventh! Where did the seven minutes come from?” pleaded Coleman.

“There should not have been enough time for us to get the equaliser, I admit that.

“But just because he (the referee) made a mistake in giving us time to get the equaliser, that's no excuse for him to make another mistake.

“Two wrongs do not make a right,” added Coleman.

Keane's reaction to it all:

"If the game had finished 2-2, then I would have not been sitting here criticising the referee. I know that I wouldn't," insisted Keane.

"I thought the four minutes added on at the end were fair enough. I didn't have an issue with the amount of time being added on.

"And remember it's always a minimum of four minutes. I'm not complaining about anything, not now!

"But then I've never complained before about officials. You know me.

You have to play to the final whistle."

I am steadily getting to like Keane more and more...

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
#909 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 03:07:57 pm
Robbie Savage getting hit in the nose whilst commentating on the weekend, reminded me of:

:P

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#910 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 04:04:20 pm

You'll learn  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#911 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 04:07:33 pm
Robbie Savage getting hit in the nose whilst commentating on the weekend, reminded me of:

It's amazing the lengths people have gone to make hitting Robbie Savage in the face look like an accident.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
#913 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 08:07:58 pm

You'll learn  ;)

Getting to like Bruce more and more??  ;D

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#914 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 18, 2010, 11:13:49 pm

You'll learn  ;)

Well if it all goes tits up royally at least he only has a one and a bit season contract to pay off but to give the man his due he has done what previous managers have failed to do which is to actually fashion a defence which is worthy of being called a defence. He also gives some rather amusing press talks - bit like Strachan but you don't have to fight the language barrier so much!

*Joe Royle is a cast iron exception here as he arrived at the club and we went into administration 6ish weeks later but he still did marvellous things at the club including bringing Kuqi in - sure he had a head like a 50p piece and liable to miss more than he scored but as Joe said "He would chase litter across the pitch if you asked him!" God bless him...  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
#915 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 12:23:19 am

Thats a great picture - I do hope he's about to belly flop Lilly Savage  :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#916 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 09:38:28 am

*Joe Royle is a cast iron exception here as he arrived at the club and we went into administration 6ish weeks later but he still did marvellous things at the club

He has the same reputation at City. He took over and somehow managed to slow down the terminal decline we were in over ten years ago that culminated in the 2nd Div playoff against Gillingham in '99 when Dickov scored in the dying seconds to equalise and City won on penalties to take us up to the Championship/Div 1.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#917 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 09:46:28 am
Derby Day in Manchester.  As a lifelong Man City fan today is really quite a big deal. We've not contested a top-flight cup  final since 1981 so getting to Wembley to challenge for the Carling Cup this season would be a massive deal for the club.  To beat Utd over two legs to get there just makes it all the more exciting and nerve wracking.

I really hope we do the business tonight and Tevez buries one or two. I've got tickets to the game but it's on BBC and BBC HD for everyone else to enjoy.

C'mon CITY!!!!!

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#918 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 12:49:46 pm
Give over lad, what you talking about?  Tonight's big game is the Northern Final, leg 1, of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, Leeds v Carlisle  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#919 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 01:19:32 pm
Portsmouth's attempt to block winding up order dismissed by High Court judge..........

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#920 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 01:31:32 pm
I wonder who they had representing them, I just hope they asked for costs on account  :lol:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#921 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 01:42:47 pm
Another gem from Sky's Sunday Supplement at the weekend.  If David James plays for Portsmouth another nine times they're contracted to give him a £2m extension.  Obviously they can't afford to do that so England's first choice goalkeeper is sidelined in world cup year.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#922 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 01:48:47 pm
Contract would be frustrated by administration I would have thought.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#923 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 01:52:02 pm
What happens if Portsmouth going into administration and are so fucked they can't play the rest of their games. Does the opposition automatically get 3 points or do you think they will wipe Portsmouth from this season's history?

Has this happened before?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#924 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 19, 2010, 01:53:29 pm
Does the opposition automatically get 3 points ?

I thought that was a given whether they stay in the league or not  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal