UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1356040 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Well, as you're near (but not as near) the bottom along with us, really we need to blame the Foxes :) after all, if they hadn't had a belting run of form the bottom three would be pretty much sorted out by now.

As it is, Sunderland have got to be faves (bookies faves) to take that last drop place... Though it may be consoling that Newecastle are certainly back in the mix..

(Ps. Whilst you've made my recent football life a misery Leicester, good effort!)
(Pps. Nigel Pearson is still a bell end though)

andy popp

• forum hero
Not the feeling over in my household!

I should add I don't give two hoots, its just that I now have a very grumpy son on my hands.

tomtom

• forum hero
:) If he starts to look too cheerful then remind him it was 0:0 for the tie at Anfield.. ;)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
 :popcorn: I'm glad things are interesting at the bottom of the Prem, 'cos they certainly aren't at the top, particularly now Liverpool have fucked up been beaten by an excellent Hull side no-one ever doubted.  ;)

Amazing that Bournemouth have been (all but) promoted. I love to see new clubs in the top flight.

tomtom

• forum hero
Yup - its nuts... no one or two teams have been 'nailed on' to go down this year... I suspect QPR and Burnerley have too much to do now, but up to a week or two ago it was wide open...

Whoda thunk it?

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
bournemouth in the premiership is going to be funny .. No love lost for bournemouth here

just hop McDons don't get promotion to the championship I will fully be supporting preston on Saturday. The FA's biggest fuck up has been going on too long!

Good riddance to millwall Well done rotherham loved the managers interviews after the match
"A Millwall player said we've not got bottle. I've got 12 bottles of pink finest Champagne and we'll be drinking them for about a week," said Evans.
"Look forward to League One, son, and keep your trap shut."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32508609

Sunderland would be my choice for relegation as I have not been there. No other reason  sorry graeme  ;)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Being a Sunderland fan is currently not enjoyable. At all.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Thank fuck that Chelski came out fighting in the second half  ;D

tomtom

• forum hero
Indeed. Goal difference is a bit better now (from my perspective..)

How do you feel about Dick? ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
Ooof... compelling...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Fuck me, what a match! I thought we were excellent value, deserved the win and who cares if both goals were lucky!

On a side note, who on earth thought it was a good idea to give Michael Owen a microphone. What a clueless, monotone, irritating man!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
He's awful isn't he.

tomtom

• forum hero
Disaster. Torys win the GE and we're probably relegated by Burnley... What a week.

tomtom

• forum hero
Cock. I fucking hate football...

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
As predicted by the Daily Mail Bradford City are spending the fee from Setanta beaming the Sunderland game to Benin on serious pitch improvement. A rare triumph for the crappiest paper.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Graeme are you watching the match?

This could be a long second half, and we should thank Arsenal for some poor finishing! 

:blink:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Zero interest in football myself, but this is depressing reading...

How many slave deaths for the Qatar World Cup can Fifa put up with?  :no:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's a disgrace, similar to the Chinese Olympics. And like the IOC, FIFA will do fuck all about it.  :greed:  :spank:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Unless something impacts their :greed: but I can't see a boycott working because there'll be the usual refrain "But its the World Cup/Olympics" as if it means something particularly special for either.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Well done to Steve in the fantasy footy, a solid victory! I had an absolute shocker of a last 2 months as did Brenda and the boys in red :(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
final standings

Golden Grahams FC   - Ste Graham
Dirty Hairy Feet    - Todd Helgeson
Ormeathology - Richard Hession
Sack Pulis Now FC - Jasper Sharpe
Upton Underdogs - Tom Mills
Unsinkable - H J
Yellow Fever Fc - Mike Cheque
In last place... - Mike Tyson
Lincoln Latics - Adam Lincoln
Where's Mark Robins? - Luke Donaldson
Fatneck's Flyers - Simon Huthwaite
Garston Gonads - Mark Young
No Catchy Team Name - Ian Thomas
*&^LB^&L:P)((*GIJOp - Tom Tom

After a decent start to the season for my I lost interest in november and faded away

tomtom

• forum hero
relegation...

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
Thanks Rich. Is good to get the win after being in the top 3 the last couple of seasons. The run in went well for me this season taking over 100 points more than others in quarter 4. Anyway I'm sure I will be back to average next season and you can regain your crown!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Entertaining article on a prison league in Uganda where all the teams have often apt Premier League namesakes.  Amusingly, they once had a (dirty) Leeds Utd, of Prison officers jailed for corruption, but even Leeds became too crap for their taste so they re-named themselves!  Given recent headlines re FIFA it seems pretty ironic that such a morally upright footballing organisation is found in a poverty-stricken, walled compound full of bad-ass lifers (perhaps JAck Warner and the like could do with a spell there):

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/28/the-prison-where-murderers-play-for-manchester-united

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal