UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1356145 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm in. Back from holiday just in time and have spent about 5 mins picking my team. Hopefully have time to alter it before it starts....

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Team thrown together for you amusement

tomtom

• forum hero
I've spent the last week deliberating a stupid, rude potentially (though ultimately not) amusing team name.. not got anywhere yet..

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Two of my mates came up with belters:

Game of Thrown In's

Real MaSquid

:clap2:

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Oh and welcome to those who have joined up for this season  :icon_welcome:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Anyone else watching Channel 5's new Football League show? I used to love the simplicity and earnestness of Manish, Leroy and Steve on the BBC  show but I thought I'd give the new one a chance.

So far there's dated-looking graphics, an awkward studio audience (who aren't mic'ed up so there's awkward dead air when they inevitably interject) and a worrying match footage: studio bullshit ratio. :(

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
The one plus point I'd that it's on at 9pm.
My ffl team started as it will no doubt go on with me forgetting to make transfers and pick the must suitable team.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Great, motd has started before we've even been "rounded up" on ch5. Bag of....

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
oh so thats where the football league show was ... I did not fancy watching it to be honest but could not spot it on i player when I breifly looked

tomtom

• forum hero
Great, motd has started before we've even been "rounded up" on ch5. Bag of....

I've not seen it - but from reading the cmments of people I follow on Twitter - there is a unanimous view it is utter shite..

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
jasper you around next tuesday? fancy a trip to huddersfield?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
For some reason there's an EPL match tomorrow night so make sure you get your FFL changes done in time.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
friday night premier league matches? about time  :thumbsup:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
It's because there's an EDL march in Birmingham tomorrow and it would stretch police to cover both.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
jasper you around next tuesday? fancy a trip to huddersfield?

Can't unfortunately mate.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Thought I'd watch the Channel 5 Football League thing last night to see a few highlights of our last minute win against Fulham. I'd heard it was pretty shit but.......

OH MY FUCKING GOD!  :shit: :shit: :shit:

Poor Adam Virgo who I usually rate on radio and TV looked so awkward being involved in such an atrocity. With the dopey studio audience, amateurish presenting, league tables from the late 70's etc it was like watching Fantasy Football League but without all the good bits.

Plus they showed approximately 15 seconds of the Fulham Brighton game. I switched over to Sky Sports News and immediately saw more highlights of the match on their revolving review of the day thing.

Pathetic! Bring back Maniche (and even Steve Claridge!).  :wank: :thumbsdown:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Interesting addendum to the recent athletics doping scandal.  Blood tests of Bundesliga (1&2) players from 2008/9 season found anomalous blood profiles (including haemocrit above 54%!):

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/report-by-team-doctor-suggests-blood-doping-in-german-football-league-a-919563.html

Makes you wonder what a similar study in the UK would would find (as an historical aside, supposedly the total football of Ajax involved a fair amount of chemical assistance - in an age when players still smoked, I imagine they needed all the help they could get!).

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
My favourite footage of football doping. 1:03 and 1:35.  Diego's mate in the blue polo shirt doling out the chisel  ;)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
go on jasper stick you neck out.
What score do you reckon tonight?   :jab:

I saw Hudds 1 - 1 brighton  :bounce: That is about as positive I can be of us this season

We are in an interesting situation with keepers thankfully our second choice is very good. no idea who the thrid choice is.
The rumours going round at the moment are our keeper did not want to leave but the club accepted the offer and told him to go and get his pay rise.

Sadly am not going tonight now as I had other plans and forgot.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
We have a similar situation with Lewis Dunk where nobody seems to know what's actually going on. Rejected several offers from various clubs and now Fulham have apparently offered £5m plus add ons. He was rumoured to have refused to play on Saturday but then turned up as part of the squad........but was on the bench.

Latest rumours are that he's not travelled up (yesterday) with the team. We shall see. It's all pretty annoying and can't be helping the team. If the £5m offer is true and he wants to go I'd be inclined to take it.

Anyway, all that aside I think we might nick it 0-1 or 1-2. We've looked pretty decent so far but have also had the rub of the green (which we didn't get all last season). Kazenga and Bong have already developed a good understanding on the left which has lead to KLL being more productive (at last) and looking more consistent (at last). Hemed looks class up front already and Baldock now has a decent partner when we play 4-4-2 so isn't running around on his own getting shrugged off the ball all the time.

However, this is Brighton so who knows......

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And I'd take a point btw as we'd still be unbeaten.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I think the thing that gets me is a player actually happy to stay even when offered double his salary but still sold off.
Hes been at hudds since he was 10years old so its all profit really.

tomtom

• forum hero
We're in the position of having 4-5 players with buy out clauses - Brucey is rightly concerned that they'll get snaffled up on deadline day without having the time to get replacements... They include Hudds, Elmo, Hernandez, Jelavic..

tomtom

• forum hero
Buy out clauses being one of the players compensations for having relegation pay cut deals figured in.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Buy out clauses being one of the players compensations for having relegation pay cut deals figured in.

Jimmy Bullard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal