UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1355375 times)

dr_botnik

• addict
  • Not actually a dr
#5025 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 19, 2014, 09:48:30 pm
Good point... I think that managers just use it to deflect the debate from the playes and the team.  Shifting the blame for a poor performance so to speak.  Pelligrini is normally not one to comment on the ref but I guess these are the high pressure games.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/of-course-i-preferred-barcelona-says-referee-2014021983790

As usual, the daily mash is brilliant.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5026 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 25, 2014, 11:10:48 pm
Please, please, please don't sack the negative, clueless idiot, please!  :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5027 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 26, 2014, 09:36:36 am
 :agree:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/olympiakos-2-manchester-united-0-excuses-running-out-for-david-moyes-after-grim-defeat-9153073.html

Cleverley is the anti-Xavi, in that he occupies the same space without any of the touches, at least in a forward direction.

;D

Of course, Olympiakos will be shitting themselves having to defend a two goal lead at fortress Old Trafford......

tomtom

• forum hero
#5028 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 26, 2014, 10:01:02 am
An interesting game. Albeit fairly shit.

I stuck a quid on Utd to come back in the second half (it was 8-1!) and the odds should have told me everything... Christ they were clueless...

Credit should also be given to Olympiakos who hustled, closed down and gave Utd no room. They have also not lost any games this season and only drawn twice - so they're no patsys (if thats the right term :D )

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5029 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 26, 2014, 04:35:56 pm

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/407583847652806656

Anyone getting bored with the Scum bashing yet? Anyone....? Bueller?

Thought not.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#5030 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 26, 2014, 05:12:25 pm
I am just gutted that Patta isn't around at the moment. He is taking it very badly so it was an absolute delight to see his little face contorted with pain after the loss to Everton.

And the loss to Stoke, well his little face was a sight to behold that afternoon.  ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I didn't manage to get a ticket for today.  Cheapest one I could find was 350 quid..

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
You could nearly get a book for that kind of money  ;)

Off to the pub to watch it for me.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol: same here

tomtom

• forum hero
I was at the Hull vs Mags game yesterday - and sit c.10 rows back and 15-20 to the side behind the dug outs. Had a great view of Pardew nutting Meyler..

Absolutely bonkers... the TV coverage and newspaper pics are from pretty bad angles, and from my unobstructed view it looked far worse. They squared up and he shoved his forehead into Meylers face..

Daft really - as we'd gifted them two goals and they had parked the bus and were cruising. I think Pardew has some sort of passive aggressive problem.. looks all sweetness and light and then boom.. Surprised Mike CAshley didnt use this as an excuse to fire him - still not sure where he'd get a replacement.

Anyway.. Graeme - coming up to 'ull in a week for the QF?

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
"Passive" Aggressive ? he's a nutter!

kelvin

• forum hero
You should hear what he does does player's wives...

*ahem

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Anyway.. Graeme - coming up to 'ull in a week for the QF?

I am away. But we will win, we are destined to get to 2 x Cup Finals this year, lose them both and get relegated  :(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

rich d

• forum hero
Leeds - still a fucking mess:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/05/leeds-takeover-massimo-cellino-accused-tax-evasion-yacht
I can't beleive his previous convictions are now considered spent by the football league...because they have no relevance to running a football club do they? It comes to something when we've managed to find someone worse than ken bates.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Everything's fine. No really, nothing wrong whatsoever. At all. Not even a little bit.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/football-league-take-no-further-6767799

Really like to get hold of some of the stuff the football league are on.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's amazing.....

However, at their discretion they could investigate further if it is thought someone is acting as a ‘shadow’ director or is acting in concert with other shareholders that takes them over 30 per cent ownership of a club.

But the fact that Blues board comprises of Yeung’s son, Ryan, his brother-in-law Victor Ma, future brother-in-law Panos Pavlakis and Peter Pannu is not of concern to them.

:-\

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
A brief foray into the world of play acting prima donnas, but can I just say how much I am looking forward the usual hype about England in the World cup before the inevitable early exit and much beating of chests.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
That's amazing.....

However, at their discretion they could investigate further if it is thought someone is acting as a ‘shadow’ director or is acting in concert with other shareholders that takes them over 30 per cent ownership of a club.

But the fact that Blues board comprises of Yeung’s son, Ryan, his brother-in-law Victor Ma, future brother-in-law Panos Pavlakis and Peter Pannu is not of concern to them.

:-\

And with the exception of Pannu all appointed quite recently, think Ma and Pavlakis were installed last few months just before he resigned, Ryan came in sometime last 12 months since trial started.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
A brief foray into the world of play acting prima donnas, but can I just say how much I am looking forward the usual hype about England in the World cup before the inevitable early exit and much beating of chests.

Quite different this time around, we're shit and we know we are.  Difficult group and exit at that stage wouldn't be a surprise.  England Expects.... absolutely nothing.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Quite different this time around, we're shit and we know we are.  Difficult group and exit at that stage wouldn't be a surprise.  England Expects.... absolutely nothing.

Yeah it'd just be nice to see a few of the younger players getting a chance to get some experience of a major tournament (especially without the usual pressure of the media saying we can win it).

Anyway, it's the World Cup and it'll be brilliant however England do.

tomtom

• forum hero
Yup - it'll be more fun if we get knocked out early then I can relax and enjoy it...

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Which, if limited memory / One Night In Turin documentary serves as one part of the background to England's Italia '90 experience...

Agree that England's performance is a sideshow to the World Cup - it's all about the smaller sides in the early stages, the team that comes out of nowhere to impress, the on-field brilliance of the fancied sides from the beginning (or not)...I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm expecting Ivory Coast and France to come out of the relative shadows. Similar to North Korea last time round, I'd imagine Iran's involvement should provide some intrigue.

England prediction? Out in group stage after a we win our final, must-win game but other results don't go our way and we get knocked out on goal difference.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Agree nice to give young guys a chance, it was almost mildly interesting at the end last night with Lallana wide and Sturridge up front but you know it'll be Rooney playing out of position at CF and Sturridge out of position out wide. If it's that adventurous against Italy.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
England prediction? Out in group stage after a we win our final, must-win game but other results don't go our way and we get knocked out on goal difference.

0-0 vs Italy, lose to Uruguay, beat Costa Rica but go out after Italy and Uruguay play out the draw they need without even bothering to make it look like a contest. They simply sit down on the pitch and drink recovery shakes for 90 minutes while watching England toil on the big screen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal