UKBouldering.com

Quality fishing pics (Read 178739 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#50 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 27, 2009, 08:16:17 am
 :(

I was expecting you to have posted pics by now in the food thread of what you did w/ that fine trout.

The Frau purchased a small fillet of zander a few days ago, it cost €7.50!  Really must find a spot to catch these myself at that price.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#51 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 27, 2009, 08:19:45 am
:(

I was expecting you to have posted pics by now in the food thread of what you did w/ that fine trout.

I'll get onto it right away

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#52 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 27, 2009, 10:16:37 am
Idiot was in possession

How unprofessional; should've stashed it in his ass  ::)

Is there some strange law that means that things stuck up your arse-hole don't belong to you?

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#53 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 27, 2009, 01:23:14 pm

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#54 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 27, 2009, 02:07:27 pm
There's a robotic fish jumping out the water behind you in that last pic.

simes

• stalker
#55 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 12:29:06 pm
There's a robotic fish jumping out the water behind you in that last pic.

Yes Ive noticed that too... Its not a bad accidental fake fish is it?
It was a very shallow lake and the keepnet was hard to submerge completely.

I was interested in the earlier pics of Sheaf trout, so I went to try it yesterday with a friend. We caught 5, with 1 of them being about 1 pound, and another at almost 1.5 pounds.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#56 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 12:31:29 pm
Sheaf trout.... at almost 1.5 pounds.

That's a monster by Sheaf standards.

simes

• stalker
#57 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 12:34:18 pm
Yeah. I wasnt expecting anything like that size. It was from the section just up from the point where the river disappears underground and under the city centre.

simes

• stalker
#58 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 12:48:09 pm

This reminds me how long ago I last went fishing seriously. My brother Tim in the bottom one is 29 now.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#59 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 12:57:03 pm
Yeah. I wasnt expecting anything like that size. It was from the section just up from the point where the river disappears underground and under the city centre.

By that little concrete weir thing with the metal ladder, or further down towards the "cage"? I've had some good sport fly fishing the upstream side of the weir this year - plenty of room for the back cast when kneeling on the weir.

simes

• stalker
#60 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 01:00:35 pm
This was a winter match on the Kennett & Avon canal.

It took me almost an hour to land it on a 22 hook and 1lb hook length.

And I still didnt win.

simes

• stalker
#61 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 01:04:33 pm

By that little concrete weir thing with the metal ladder, or further down towards the "cage"? I've had some good sport fly fishing the upstream side of the weir this year - plenty of room for the back cast when kneeling on the weir.

Not as far down as that. If you go upstream from the ladder thing to the road with the weir above it, then walk round the corner to the auto repair centre and (with difficulty) fish over the metal fence . It was a struggle to land it. Lucky we had a long net handle.
The other 4 were from just above the ladder and weir you mentioned.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#62 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 01:17:08 pm
If you go upstream from the ladder thing to the road with the weir above it, then walk round the corner to the auto repair centre and (with difficulty) fish over the metal fence . It was a struggle to land it. Lucky we had a long net handle.
The other 4 were from just above the ladder and weir you mentioned.

I know the bit you mean. I've fished there by wading up from the bigger weir (climb over a wall from the footpath) to the smaller weir and then cast upstream. I stop by the fence on the way home from work to watch the fish sometimes. Loads of rats in the river round there.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#63 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 02:10:30 pm
Didn't finish that last post...

I'd avoided fishing through/over the fence coz of the obvious difficulty of landing/returning fish.
Good effort for persevering with over-the fence tactics :thumbsup:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#64 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 02:20:00 pm
Idiot was in possession

How unprofessional; should've stashed it in his ass  ::)

Is there some strange law that means that things stuck up your arse-hole don't belong to you?

When was the last time you saw a policeman conduct an internal cavity search in a pub carpark?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#65 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 28, 2009, 02:29:54 pm
Idiot was in possession

How unprofessional; should've stashed it in his ass  ::)

When was the last time you saw a policeman conduct an internal cavity search in a pub carpark?

Fair point.

Not quite a carpark, and a different cavity, but certainly beyond the call of duty  :wank: Should have got a jail sentence though, since surely it constitutes rape  :shrug:

simes

• stalker
#66 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 29, 2009, 02:17:13 pm
Didn't finish that last post...

I'd avoided fishing through/over the fence coz of the obvious difficulty of landing/returning fish.
Good effort for persevering with over-the fence tactics :thumbsup:

Yeah! It was uncomfortable. Maybe climbing over with a harness and sling would be better.

Ive just seen your blog. I'm off work 'til 14 sept if you need any camera help with you urban trout fishing film. In fact, Ive got a camcorder and tripod too.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#67 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 29, 2009, 05:54:45 pm
Ive just seen your blog. I'm off work 'til 14 sept if you need any camera help with you urban trout fishing film. In fact, Ive got a camcorder and tripod too.

:thumbsup:

I'm busy with family stuff at the mo and then will be on a cake tasting trip to Le Touquet / Etaples for a couple of weeks, but I'll PM you if I'm going to make some more hours of footage of fascinating fish focussed fluff flinging.

Ta.

uptown

• junky
#68 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 04, 2009, 12:36:37 pm

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#69 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 04, 2009, 12:53:43 pm
Beautiful carp.

Off on a charter boat trip on saturday with my boss.Will report back.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#70 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 04, 2009, 01:47:25 pm
Off on a charter boat trip on saturday with my boss.

'ello sailor.

Monolith

• forum hero
#71 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 10, 2009, 10:57:07 am
Had an incredible day on saturday. Left Priory Wharf Birkenhead at 7am and headed out into Liverpool Bay over a few different wrecks. Had my first conger eel on the first baited cast of the day to a big section of mackerel on a 150lb trace. Fought like a bastard! Probably around 11lb. Tonnes of Bull Huss, Pollock, Doggies, Pouting, Gurnard (red, tub), whiting and we even got a 6lb summer Cod. Mackerel were beyond abundant. No tope sadly but hopefully get out in the next few weeks. Skipper took 62 in a day on board last week out of Blackpool and apparently lost around 40! Have a video with the conger which I'll get off the boss.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#72 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 10, 2009, 11:05:39 am
I Have a video with a conger from a recent wedding.

Sounds like a good day.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#73 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 15, 2009, 05:31:09 pm
Good shit Mills! Give me a shout if there's any space next time!

Just got back from a week on the Lleyn and did plenty of fishing. Results where somewhat poorer than expected. Only managed 4 (4!!!) mackerel, 1 decent ballan (on limpet!), loads of dogfish and loads of pin whiting (worse than doggies!). My main disappointment came from the lack of pollock. I spent a long time spinning my favourite pollack marks and literally days covering new, amazing looking, blatant pollock country without a sniff!

Tides were fairly middlin' but I expect better. I mean 4 mackerel after a week on the Lleyn is simply unbelievable! I usually rely on my summer holidays to supply my winter cod fishing needs (bait wise) and fill the freezer!

Anyway, good effort with the conger! I spent a few hours half heartedly losing gear with halves of mackerel attatched at night, in the rain, at low tide, last week but a conger still evades me!
Have some (shit) photos of the wrasse so will post it them up when I get them off my eldest.

Monolith

• forum hero
#74 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 19, 2009, 08:08:20 pm
Si, we took literally hundreds of mackerel the other week. Total nuisance hooking 6 on the drop at a time. Save your petrol money and it'll cost you 35 quid for a full day out Liverpool Bay way departing from Priory Wharf. You can get your birdspotting erections too out there.

Very surprised the Lleyn performed so poorly. I walked out to Hoylake at low tide today and if I can map any channels out will be going on a bass quest next week whilst I have some free time if you'd care to join me. One of my dad's friends owns a commercial boat and was telling us there are a few guys that head out there on quad bikes and lay baited lines at low tide and apparently do OK. I refuse to believe it's as poor a venue as people seem to make out. I suspect it's more likely the obese choads can't face a walk out exceeding 200 metres. You and I on the other hand being the elite athletes that we are should capitalise and get out there.

Do you fancy New Brighton on the low in the next few days at all? Spurdogs left right and centre by all accounts on Wirral Sea Angling forum.

Will actually get that Conger vid for you too this week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal