UKBouldering.com

Cider Soak (Read 2370 times)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
Cider Soak
April 14, 2009, 11:05:27 pm
Not been on a sport route, or any route for that matter for at least six years. I went on it years ago, but have little recollection of it. Can anyone tell me how many bolts it has, where the hard bits are (if there any) and how many moves there are (approx of course). This is all so I can start some kind of appropriate training. Cheers in advance.

tomrainbow

• player
#1 Re: Cider Soak
April 15, 2009, 06:28:36 pm
Hmmm, it's a good one to get you back into the ropey side of things. A friend of mine did this back in the early 90s and he still hasn't found anything comparable in terms of quality in the country (only yesterday he was comparing Right Hand Man at Cheddar to it, in a somewhat forlorn tone!).

By my recollection, there are no really hard moves but the redpoint crux is definitely going from the top bolt (of four) to the chain. Probably in the region of 15 6a or 6b moves in total with a chance to get a little back at two-thirds height. I plan to get on it this Spring once my shoulder's better, so I may well be seeing you.

By the way, did you ever get up to Bovey Woods?

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#2 Re: Cider Soak
April 23, 2009, 08:39:01 am
I find the hardest move to be around bolt 2-3, where there are 2 small edge / slots IIRC, where you go slightly right into the groove. Essentially its all pretty hard, without ever being desperate. (pretty much like a steeper raindogs actually, with bigger holds, and much better!)
There is a good shake before the top bit, which may be improved the more flexible you are (heel by hands) hope that helps - it's a fantastic route - hope to get down to get it done this summer.

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#3 Re: Cider Soak
April 23, 2009, 01:13:20 pm
Cheers for replies guys. Those descriptions seem to fit my hazy recollections. Looking forward to getting on it soon. Tom I haven't made it to the woods yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal