UKBouldering.com

Magpie Cycle Ride Of Death survival poll. (Read 20369 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
For clarity, I got a train 11 miles one day because when I woke up I couldn't walk, never mind cycle, my knees were so swollen (old, recurrent problem which I foolishly didn't think would be irritated by the cycling, boy was I wrong).  It was a particularly hilly and tough day so I made the decision that a short train ride would give the painkillers time to kick in and mean that I should be able to complete the rest of the cycle rather than bail totally after shafting my knees completely early on.

No worries. I was not questioning your integrity in any way, just wasn't sure if it was a pisstake or serious. I wouldn't want to cycle into Glasgow city centre either. Amazing effort regardless. Now you just need to do the Glasgow - Land's End Section.

I have a mate who is planning on doing JoG to LE offroad on a mountain bike this summer. Sounds like hard work!

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
yeah, well done...!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Now you just need to do the Glasgow - Land's End Section.
Glasgow to Carlisle has been suggested, it's the rest of Route 7, which we did the North half of.  Maybe next year, when I have forgotten the pain!

Brief Flickr set is here  They're not brilliant photos, lets just gloss over how rough I look by the end of the week  :lol: , and I have given up trying to get them in the right order, so they don't really run in sequence but they give you an idea, should you be bored enough to have a look.  ;) 

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I suggest Glasgow to The Plantation; you will be able to claim all sorts of quick ascents after that.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Would you like to comment?

I would, but wtf is all I can think of.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
They were for our own protection, we were going on a boat trip and you get wet, so they gave us giant men of the sea things to wear.  Sadly they didn't work too well, which is why two photos later I am cutting about taking pictures of a wind farm with my jeans at my ankles and a pashmina as a skirt  :lol:

These are not dry jeans:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Pie, we all love you. In a right way.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
You are SO my favourite today.  :-[

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Man up, you've had the pleasure of being squeezed in person, on more than one occasion.  :-*

bigd942

• addict
well done!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:07:02 pm by bigd942 »

Duma

• forum hero
your health and safety is more important than some spurious notion of getting "the tick".

Is it fuck. I want my wad point back!  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Brief Flickr set is here  They're not brilliant photos, lets just gloss over how rough I look by the end of the week  :lol: , and I have given up trying to get them in the right order, so they don't really run in sequence but they give you an idea, should you be bored enough to have a look.  ;)  

When viewing the set, click on the "Arrange" button, then select "By date taken (newest first)"   ;)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Sadly, they come from 3 different cameras, two of which don't have the dates set right so that won't work.  :(  Ta though, good to know I always have full tech support on hand in every thread  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Ah, ok that's a pain.

Oh and well done btw, sounds like it was a tough ride.  :thumbsup:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Having said that, I wonder if that means that Saturday now counts as the day of death-equivalent?? :)

That would mean I win Fiend and we both know you wouldn't want that.  ;)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I think we can all agree that, since I am not dead, I WIN.  Therefor any drinks / prizes / hero worship should be directed my way.  Just to save any arguments like.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal