UKBouldering.com

Magpie Cycle Ride Of Death survival poll. (Read 20371 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I suspect Ms Pie would like something stronger than over the counter medication at the moment...

Vote wednesday before it's too late!

tomtom

• forum hero
I'd avoid the codeine if I were you Maggie, it has the unfortunate side effect of constapation.. which can be rather unfortunate when on a long journey,...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I voted Saturday. Don't let me down Maggers. Fall in that estuary!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Magpie, order up some of this by carrier pigeon. All the best pro cyclists are heinous drug abusers anyway, so why not join them?

andy popp

• forum hero
Go Mags!

Duma

• forum hero
AKA Lyndsay slipped and fell onto a train for 10minutes

WHAT?? That's not in the rulebook!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
AKA Lyndsay slipped and fell onto a train for 10minutes

WHAT?? That's not in the rulebook!
The jury is still very much out on this one - although it seems like it was a matter of health and safety as regards her persisent knee pain, which, given the wee minx has got most of UKB wrapped around her little finger anyway, may sway you big bunch of softies. Having said that I think of anyone had voted for Wednesday as the Day Of Death, it would be a fair win.

P.S. go magpie you little star :p

marty

• menacing presence
It only sounds like a minor discresion! ... and given on-one had plumped for wednesday, I reckon all bets are still on.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Sounds fair.

Latest twit indicates she's still alive and given the lack of grumbling, things might be going okay. However there seems to be a vague air of concern about the increasing distances and given tomorrow is significantly longer yet, Sat could still be an option for expiration.

Go Pie!!

Duma

• forum hero
Last update was not quite so optimistic...

Quote from: MsMpie
fucking hates cycling.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
Latest twit ...

So who are you calling the latest twit then?  :whistle:

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Just in case anyone still cares, I'm not dead.  I am back in Glasgow and I didn't throw my bike in the Clyde.  I will not, however, be getting back on it for the foreseeable future.  ???  I'll bore you with further pictures / injury updates / general crap in the very near future but now I am going to take painkillers and sleep, thank you all for your support and for the info beforehand, some of it proved invaluable.   ;)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
She's alive!  :bounce:

Well done, Pie

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Well done, girl!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Well done Magpie!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Awesome effort Magpie - i'm fucked after a puny 50k in the Lakes!

:bow:

andy_e

• forum hero
yay! well done!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Thank you all.  I'm quite pleased with myself.  I'll post some of the less shit / more hilarious pictures on Flickr when I've sorted through them, just as proof I was actually on a bike ride and not just faking  ;)

Bubba, I'm beyond fucked, I'm currently in bed with two watermelon sized knees and I have no intention of moving in the near future.  ;D

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Better than knee sized watermelons. Sterling effort.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
Fiend:

When it comes to the end of the year and you get that best of 09 thread / non climbing related urge you make damn sure this gets a vote option

Coz this girlz got true grit.

Respect

:bow:

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Gosh, it was almost feels worth it for all the wad points I got  :-[

Bless you all for being so sweet, I feel all warm and fuzzy now (yet also, still aching!)  :hug:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Very well done Ms Pie, although I must confess I'm mildly disappointed by your apparent survival - I'm down a few beers now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:14:11 pm by Fiend »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I'm still a bit conused about the mention of trains on pg 2?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
For clarity, I got a train 11 miles one day because when I woke up I couldn't walk, never mind cycle, my knees were so swollen (old, recurrent problem which I foolishly didn't think would be irritated by the cycling, boy was I wrong).  It was a particularly hilly and tough day so I made the decision that a short train ride would give the painkillers time to kick in and mean that I should be able to complete the rest of the cycle rather than bail totally after shafting my knees completely early on.

And while I am confessing to being generally shit and not cycling the whole way, so I don't get called up on it at a later date when I mention it in the trip report I am planning on writing and know some of you will read, we also didn't do the last few miles back into Glasgow city centre, we got another train.  Various reasons; the main one being that my knees were totally shot and my cycling partner's were close behind, we'd done the two longest and toughest days back to back right at the end and we were gubbed.  It took us so long on the final day to get as far as we did that we'd have ended up cycling home in the dark, with no lights, down the very scenic (and total flat) dual carriageway.  Being girls and not owners of particularly large or easily dented egos, we bailed a little bit early and still took the tick. 

We cycled well over 200+ miles and I have injuries which nobody ever needs to hear about, if I lose out on the full 8a tick in some people's minds cause I didn't do the 5b mantle at the end then so be it.  Not wanting to be accused of being the next Si/Scott and claiming wild ascents outside my capabilities, it seemed only right to confess, in full.  ;)

And now, with a clear conscience, I will go and sort through the 796 photos to see if any are worth sharing with the group.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Hmmm... Pie you didn't really need to justify all that, what you did was very impressive regardless of exact details, and your health and safety is more important than some spurious notion of getting "the tick". I think you did very well for a fluffy wee kitten-like thing (and without toooo much drama...;)), it sounds like a great adventure.

Having said that, I wonder if that means that Saturday now counts as the day of death-equivalent?? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal