Bad day for NNFN's all round...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1451 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 24, 2013, 07:35:07 pm
Yep volar plate  :(

Just lost my weds eve board Training buddy, so could burnt off by FBSF and my son in one easy session.... Heal fast mate.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#1452 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 24, 2013, 07:42:27 pm
Bugger all compared to some of the woes here, more of a "nnfn!!!" I guess but...

Woke up on Monday barely able to move my head! Been to the GP and got a physio referral and spent the morning being flexed and prodded.  Seems I have the bastard child of torticollis, brachial plexus badness, and shot cervical spine segments! Now sitting in my dressing gown with a hot-water bottle wedged behind my neck, looking online for a monitor stand! (it seems, amongst many other things, my monitor is nearly a foot too low).  Hey ho... possibly just as well there's not much sport climbing left in the year - bring on the bouldering!  and... finally, I get some value from my work health plan!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1453 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 24, 2013, 08:11:54 pm
Oh dear. Rather puts my "wah, missed ONE DAY's climbing!" in perspective.

Gute Besserung, guys.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1454 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 28, 2013, 10:45:44 pm
That's a bummer fatboy, hope that heals ok.

Moose -ouch, good luck with recovery, sounds like a real pain.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#1455 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 29, 2013, 08:05:42 am
@mrjonathanr

Cheers fella, a pain in the neck literally and figuratively - especially with a week in Spain starting on Saturday - somehow don't I'll be pushing my grade! (note to self, pack the belay glasses).  Physio this morning, unfortunately to undo all the physio's good efforts, I have a 200 miles of driving afterwards for a job.  Work showing sympathy for the painful difficulty I have turning my head - makes motorway lane changing maneuvers somewhat... exciting.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#1456 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 29, 2013, 07:48:05 pm
Just do what everyone else seems to do round here, pick a lane (the middle one) and stay there until you need to veer off abruptly for the exit.  It's the English way.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1457 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 11, 2013, 12:58:41 pm
Fun weekend away, right up to the point I got home and realised we'd been burgled. Arse.

dave

#1458 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 11, 2013, 01:17:23 pm
Shit word.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1459 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 11, 2013, 02:01:44 pm
Fun weekend away, right up to the point I got home and realised we'd been burgled. Arse.

That is bollocks! We got broken into a couple months ago, such a shit feeling!

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1460 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 11, 2013, 03:55:27 pm
cheers guys, tis rather shit. Happened before a few years ago in another house. Could have been a lot worse this time, they didn't trash the place and took relatively little. I'll get a new TV out of it. However I would feel a lot better about it if I'd remembered to activate 'remote lock and erase' on my tablet last week. Had done it on my phone but not on my Nexus 7. Typical. So for others out there make sure you set up this https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Have changed all my passwords so should be ok. Typically didn't have any security on my tab.

Keep thinking there's a lot of people in the Philippines having a much worse time than me.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1461 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 12, 2013, 12:01:49 am
Do you have Androidlost or anything else like that? You can push install it. Probably a long-shot but you might be able to get something although you still won't be able to wipe it.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#1462 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 16, 2013, 02:31:57 pm
Managed to get some kind of food poisoning (from chicken) and spent the day vomiting and on the toilet. Felt better so meeta friend for lunch which ended up as a few chips which were violently brought back up. Ruined my day of climbing.

But maybe I'll be super light in a day or two and be able to crush...

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1463 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 20, 2013, 12:14:26 pm
Some twat broke into the Chequemobile last night, lured only by the promise of a closed glovebox.  >:(

All they took was the faceplate of my car stereo and Ipod cable, the manual thing, a tyre pressure gauge and (I shit you not) a biro but replacing the window and the faceplate has cost more than I had in the big Autumn USA trip fund.

Fucking thieving cunts.  :furious:

This happened again last night. This time the only things in the car were two bouldering mats, which they didn't take. Doesn't even look like they opened the door after smashing the window but it does seem to be a thieves rather than vandals as no other cars in the carpark were touched and it was broken with a screwdriver in the window seal rather than chucking something through.

I've now spent more on the car in a month than it it's worth.  :(   

rich d

• forum hero
#1464 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 20, 2013, 12:16:00 pm
Some twat broke into the Chequemobile last night, lured only by the promise of a closed glovebox.  >:(

All they took was the faceplate of my car stereo and Ipod cable, the manual thing, a tyre pressure gauge and (I shit you not) a biro but replacing the window and the faceplate has cost more than I had in the big Autumn USA trip fund.

Fucking thieving cunts.  :furious:

This happened again last night. This time the only things in the car were two bouldering mats, which they didn't take. Doesn't even look like they opened the door after smashing the window but it does seem to be a thieves rather than vandals as no other cars in the carpark were touched and it was broken with a screwdriver in the window seal rather than chucking something through.

I've now spent more on the car in a month than it it's worth.  :(

nightmare, where abouts was it parked Mike?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1465 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 20, 2013, 04:11:00 pm
That's seriously bad luck. What a bunch of fucking cunts.  :spank:  :chair:

tomtom

• forum hero
#1466 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 20, 2013, 05:04:53 pm
That's seriously bad luck. What a bunch of fucking cunts.  :spank:  :chair:

+1

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1467 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 20, 2013, 09:41:23 pm
nightmare, where abouts was it parked Mike?

This time, in the carpark behind my flat in Sherwood where I always park it- never seen any evidence of car crime there in the past or indeed in Sherwood at all. Last time was in one of the dark alleys near the old climbing centre- asking for it basically.

iain

• forum abuser
#1468 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 21, 2013, 01:36:31 pm
Sorry to hear that cheque

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1469 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 01, 2013, 06:49:40 pm
Failed on The Ivy League @ Limekilns today, by wimping out of one 5b move to a good rest ledge, after pissing the lower cruxes, because "i was a bit pumped". What a fucking twat to throw away such a good route. The most angry I've been all year, althought 4 hours and 3 whiskys later I've gone from "incoherent with rage" to merely "cross".  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1470 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 02, 2013, 10:47:58 pm
This is not good.. Just got through the getting used to the board thing..A 2 pulleys survived.. I post this strapped to an ice pack.. With a wrist covered in anti imflamatory gel:

I've just been diagnosed with a TFCC... That means my wrist ligament complex is knackered, from 30 years of climbing and biking... What that now means I get a MRI, get help form my awesome surgeon to access a well respected sports physio.. But if that fails and then cortisone injections fail... I'm off to Derby for a nationally regarded surgeon to try to stitch it together via keyhole. This is just NOT what I need.... My climbing / riding life has the potential to seriously compromised.. For good. Ohh... And I'm 45 tomoorrow.. B*llocks...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1471 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 03, 2013, 09:21:57 am
Suckage. Hope it sortes itself out.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#1472 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 03, 2013, 09:42:04 am
Sorry to hear that Fatdoc, hopefully the diagnosis will offer a glimmer of cheer...

As to being 45, I wouldn't worry, people don't believe I am 45 -they obviously think I'm too immature and you're waaaaaay more infantile than me, so you'll be conning them for year s to come  ;D

Happy Birthday dude :wave:

Dolly

• forum hero
#1473 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 03, 2013, 09:48:12 am
Happy birthday young lad. Hope your wrist isnt as bad as you fear

ianv

• forum abuser
#1474 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 03, 2013, 10:05:28 am
And I'm 45 tomoorrow.. B*llocks...

But what's your fitness age??   http://www.ntnu.edu/cerg/vo2max