they must be still in it. 

Been there done that.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#1326 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2013, 09:41:27 am
Heh. Rather embarrassingly, the only reason my wife had my keys in the first place was because *she* had got locked out of the house this morning, and come into work to borrow mine. I suspect we're both galloping towards senile dementia.

Busy lives more like - too much to think about

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1327 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2013, 10:46:41 am
I think I have a 5 item short term register in my memory - every time I try and add another thing in something drops out the bottom of the list.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#1328 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 26, 2013, 11:48:16 am
Just embarking the most madcap project of my life, with friends arriving to stay tonight, the kids beginning Easter holidays on thurs, My other half full of tonsillitis, one child with tonsils out a week ago and a four year old girl following Mummy with the tonsillitis. After the sewers blocking yesterday and me spending the afternoon with the drain rods...

I woke up this morning at 5am exploding from both ends...

Haven't stopped yet.

Oh how I love the Noro virus.

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#1329 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 26, 2013, 12:05:23 pm
Just embarking the most madcap project of my life, with friends arriving to stay tonight, the kids beginning Easter holidays on thurs, My other half full of tonsillitis, one child with tonsils out a week ago and a four year old girl following Mummy with the tonsillitis. After the sewers blocking yesterday and me spending the afternoon with the drain rods...

I woke up this morning at 5am exploding from both ends...

Haven't stopped yet.

Oh how I love the Noro virus.

Hell on earth!

Get well soon the lot of you!

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#1330 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 29, 2013, 02:17:16 pm
Nnfn. Dropped last move of narcissus 2 on flash and rolled my ankle..... Flying to America tomorrow.... Bugger

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1331 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 29, 2013, 09:33:40 pm
Might be a bit late now but try to keep it moving - you can more or less walk rolled ankles off.

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#1332 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 29, 2013, 09:57:03 pm
Yeah man cheers.... Rubbed snow on it for a bit then have kept moving since.... My girlfriend wasn't impressed! Haha

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1333 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 30, 2013, 10:46:38 am
It's fecking mint out. I'm off out...on a stag do... :slap:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1334 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 10, 2013, 10:04:44 am
Some twat broke into the Chequemobile last night, lured only by the promise of a closed glovebox.  >:(

All they took was the faceplate of my car stereo and Ipod cable, the manual thing, a tyre pressure gauge and (I shit you not) a biro but replacing the window and the faceplate has cost more than I had in the big Autumn USA trip fund.

Fucking thieving cunts.  :furious:

tomtom

• forum hero
#1335 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 15, 2013, 03:49:19 pm
Grr.. just had the numbing email notification that a Nature submission I lead authored has been rejected.
One good review, but the other reviewer was "the worst person it could have gone to". They spent 4000 words bitterly tearing us apart (we only had 2000 for the fecking article itself). My publising nemesis has struck again and prevented a possible career high.

Tits^10.

Back to revisit an old one I'm afraid... following the above we managed to haggle to make changes and re-submit for re-review.. 4000 words of supp material later and 6 months work... leading to it being resubmitted AND...

we just had the 'Dear John' f*ck off letter from the Editor...

Bah. Reformat and re-submit... yadayadayada...

JamieG

• forum hero
#1336 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 15, 2013, 04:02:14 pm
Grr.. just had the numbing email notification that a Nature submission I lead authored has been rejected.
One good review, but the other reviewer was "the worst person it could have gone to". They spent 4000 words bitterly tearing us apart (we only had 2000 for the fecking article itself). My publising nemesis has struck again and prevented a possible career high.

Tits^10.

Back to revisit an old one I'm afraid... following the above we managed to haggle to make changes and re-submit for re-review.. 4000 words of supp material later and 6 months work... leading to it being resubmitted AND...

The joys of academia! Sometimes you have to wonder if the reviewer even read the article. Good luck on the re-submission.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#1337 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 15, 2013, 04:04:09 pm
I hope the first thing you're going to do it write back saying "My names Tom actually, not john..."  :P

nik at work

• forum hero
#1338 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 07:51:39 am
Last week
Form the followign into a horror story of your choosing:

Font trip
Rain
Diarrhoea
Vomiting
No euro breakdown cover
Terminal engine failure in France
Ear infection
Vast expense
Getting screwed by the AA

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1339 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 07:58:37 am
on the brightside how was lego land?

andyd

• forum hero
#1340 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 08:11:36 am
Last week

Font trip
Rain
Diarrhoea
Vomiting
No euro breakdown cover
Ear infection
Vast expense

Sounds like a rubbish trip indeed. Any knowledge about European breakdown cover smallprint that you can share?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#1341 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 08:19:54 am

Tits^10.

At first, to the Layman, the whole Peer review system sounds great.

Until you realise " Peer" means competitor (or burnt out/bitter has been), with very non-scientific, very human, emotions and reactions.

nik at work

• forum hero
#1342 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 08:31:24 am
Last week

Font trip
Rain
Diarrhoea
Vomiting
No euro breakdown cover
Ear infection
Vast expense

Sounds like a rubbish trip indeed. Any knowledge about European breakdown cover smallprint that you can share?
Make sure you've got some, typically this was the first trip we didn't have any.
Also if you speak to someone at the AA (who I have UK recovery cover with) and they say "get your car back to the UK and we'll sort it from there" don't be in any way surprised if you get your car back to the UK and they then refuse to in any way "sort it".

Grubes Legoland was awesome of course!

andyd

• forum hero
#1343 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 08:36:19 am
Definitely worth a letter of complaint. Don't forget that all calls are recorded so if they misled you have a case.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1344 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 08:57:01 am

Until you realise " Peer" means competitor (or burnt out/bitter has been), with very non-scientific, very human, emotions and reactions.

A lot of which stems back to issues Karl Popper and Thomas Kuhn "debated" (if I remember correctly they didn't actually have many direct exchanges either in person or writing) about the structure and conduct of science.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1345 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 09:29:42 am
Make sure you've got some, typically this was the first trip we didn't have any.
Also if you speak to someone at the AA (who I have UK recovery cover with) and they say "get your car back to the UK and we'll sort it from there" don't be in any way surprised if you get your car back to the UK and they then refuse to in any way "sort it".

When I was sorting cover before my trip last week they insisted on quoting from home and back again. "Hold on", I queried, "I'm already a member so surely you cover the UK part of the journey already?"
But apparently not, wouldn't give you a car for onward journey otherwise (and no straight answer on whether a replacement car would be of a similar size to the insured, take a roofbox, etc), so effectively had to fork out double for the the short time spent travelling to Hull and back. Wasn't really impressed with their service or attitude toward a current customer but it still seemed the best option.

nik at work

• forum hero
#1346 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 09:33:11 am
Definitely worth a letter of complaint. Don't forget that all calls are recorded so if they misled you have a case.
Fear not our extensive complaints making department (the wife) is fired up and ready to go...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#1347 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 09:41:37 am

A lot of which stems back to issues Karl Popper and Thomas Kuhn "debated" (if I remember correctly they didn't actually have many direct exchanges either in person or writing) about the structure and conduct of science.

Yep, I found Smolins " The trouble with physics", pretty worrying. I wonder how much good research is being sat on by spiteful old men.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#1348 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 09:43:59 am
Fear not our extensive complaints making department (the wife) is fired up and ready to go...

I have one of those, very useful.

Did you get anything done? In Font I mean.

nik at work

• forum hero
#1349 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 16, 2013, 09:47:01 am
On the small plus side I did manage to climb something every day, nothing of any note but some pleasant enough bits of climbing in between child/baby herding.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal