UKBouldering.com

Dead Fit birds who go climbing (part III) (Read 1031626 times)

robertostallioni

• forum hero

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
Insulting remarks about women’s appearances’ may well be entirely consistent with the thread topic, but this doesn’t make them any more big or clever.

yeah, maybe we could have a thread showing this forums girlfriends... as we all know - they are perfect in every way...  :wank:

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
celebrating someone's fitness may or may not be a good thing but ridiculing someone publicly for how they look is totally out of order whether someone on here knows them or not. 

:agree:

is "bit muscly for my tastes" really loads harder to say than "she looks like she had cocks grafted on her arms"

in that picture she looks like a nice climber - rather than a prepubescent annorexic with her pants up her arse - now i can appreciate boys like looking at the latter, but they can probably do so without dissing the former with quite such maliscious glee.

I'm sorry - but answer's far too sensible/mature for the regulars on this thread...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
The idea of this topic is to celebrate attractive women, not to slag off those that you don't find attractive. Some of the comments about Lisa Rands are pretty out of order imo.

This topic might be better off being canned, as we're constantly having to moderate misogynistic or just downright bitchy or nasty comments.

To everyone posting such crap, please grow the fuck up.

nathan wind

• obsessive maniac
    • some pics..
In some ways I find it slightly ironic and comical that some guys that got smacked by pretty much every branch of the ugly tree think they can comment about Lisa and others in such a way, though sometimes its just not funny especially when its a friend thats getting slated like that.. I mean wtf would you think if its was your girlfriend or a friend on the receiving end of some of the crap you post on here? assuming you have girlfriends that is..

widdop

• addict
The idea of this topic is to celebrate attractive women, not to slag off those that you don't find attractive. Some of the comments about Lisa Rands are pretty out of order imo.

This topic might be better off being canned, as we're constantly having to moderate misogynistic or just downright bitchy or nasty comments.

To everyone posting such crap, please grow the fuck up.
:agree:

Paul B

• forum hero
Quote from: benpritch
basically if a woman remains petite and 'feminine' in her pursuit of a sport she is ok but as soon as the body morphs into something outside the norm (but far more appropriate to their chosen activity) there are cries of horror. essentially blokes can diet and train themselves into whatever state they please without fear of comment but women in sport who don't conform to a norm are singled out for ridicule.

You can't seriously believe that to be true? All I need to do is open my Arnold book and show it to most people and they'll make comments in exactly the same manner, male or female. This isn't the only example I can think of either.

Was my comment offensive? If so, was it offensive when it was first written on Edu Marin crushes Simpsons 9a thread (I don't remember it being so)?

Quote from: Dobbin
Having an opinion is fine. Airing it publically when its something about them they cant change is otherwise.

Like a blog per se? Come on...

A lot of things written on this forum are done so with tongue firmly in cheek. I struggle to see the majority of users writing something plain nasty intentionally.

If you're going to can this one then there are plenty of threads that exploit physical imperfection (I for one star with an impressive overbite in one of the gurn threads).

Edit: It might be worth a couple of people reviewing the previous volumes of this thread and their own comments. I'm not arguing that potentially hurtful comments are right, but from what I've just re-read there is a LOT worse.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:42:36 am by Paul B »

clm

• forum hero
...but paul, it is a massive overbite.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I reckon I've got an easier sequence on that.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
basically if a woman remains petite and 'feminine' in her pursuit of a sport she is ok but as soon as the body morphs into something outside the norm (but far more appropriate to their chosen activity) there are cries of horror. essentially blokes can diet and train themselves into whatever state they please without fear of comment but women in sport who don't conform to a norm are singled out for ridicule.

I'm not excusing or justifying the above comments, but I'm of the opinion that if you choose to live part of your life in the public eye then you have to accept the rough along with the smooth.  It doesn't make it any less hurtful when it happens and as I say shouldn't be used an excuse to justify being rude/ridiculing someone/etc., but it shouldn't come as a surprise when it happens.  It could however been seen as a way of finding out who your friends are when they stick up for you.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Last time I looked, if you choose to live your life in the PRIVATE eye you need to accept the rough along w/ the smooth.

:yawn:

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:47:39 pm by mrjonathanr »

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Less arguing, more fit birds!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

clm

• forum hero
where is that? Bolts in those flakes look shaaaaaaydeeeeeee.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Tags on Flickr say its a route called Puppychow 5.12c on a sandstone crag in new river gorge, beyond that I've no idea I'm afraid.

clm

• forum hero

You can't seriously believe that to be true? All I need to do is open my Arnold book and show it to most people and they'll make comments in exactly the same manner, male or female. This isn't the only example I can think of either.

Was my comment offensive? If so, was it offensive when it was first written on Edu Marin crushes Simpsons 9a thread (I don't remember it being so)?

Quote from: Dobbin
Having an opinion is fine. Airing it publically when its something about them they cant change is otherwise.

Like a blog per se? Come on...

A lot of things written on this forum are done so with tongue firmly in cheek. I struggle to see the majority of users writing something plain nasty intentionally.

If you're going to can this one then there are plenty of threads that exploit physical imperfection (I for one star with an impressive overbite in one of the gurn threads).

Edit: It might be worth a couple of people reviewing the previous volumes of this thread and their own comments. I'm not arguing that potentially hurtful comments are right, but from what I've just re-read there is a LOT worse.

I think the main objection is the unstated beginning to the sentence. "She is in no way fit because..." which many of the comments on other threads lack. Anyway, is one not a gentleman?

Paul B

• forum hero
I think the main objection is the unstated beginning to the sentence. "She is in no way fit because..." which many of the comments on other threads lack. Anyway, is one not a gentleman?

two replies to the same post?
Unless its blatently implied then maybe take the time to think what it doesn't say, isn't meant.

(JamesD - I always cite Jamie Eason in these cases) - Back on topic, I'm sure there's something for everyone below. For me, bottom middle especially (If I dare say that):

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
They all look like very nice people.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
top left for me  :shag:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Looks like God Squad

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I think for Jim its just a question of who looks most like Dylan.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal