UKBouldering.com

Crack down on tax dodgers petition. (Read 3252 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1 Re: Crack down on tax dodgers petition.
October 01, 2010, 07:58:49 pm
That doesn't distinguish between tax evasion and tax avoidance.

For what it's worth the UK ranks somewhere near the top of the list of tax potential vs tax take.

That's not to say that we shouldn't pursue tax evasion, we should. We should also deal with one of the causes of lost tax which is the hideously complex tax system (the progeny of one Gordon Brown).  The current cuts to the HMRC departments that deal with tax evasion are Labour's cuts, the new approach probably in the short term is the least worst option, if there's a retrenchment from dealing with tax evasion then I deplore that.

If you want to pay more tax then you should, fair enough, for everyone with a choice in the matter I don't want to pay a penny more than I should.

There's another reason why I won't be signing and it is this; this petition is undermined by the  childish mewling and name calling.

Matt

#2 Re: Crack down on tax dodgers petition.
October 01, 2010, 08:12:49 pm
I would be grateful to have the UK system, I pay 63% to the Belgium government and >50%when in Germany and if you see a Belgium or German Tax form with all the clauses, exemptions and small-print you would appreciate tax avoidance for those who can afford an accountant is less of an issue in the UK than elsewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal