UKBouldering.com

Repeats (Read 12076 times)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#25 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 02:26:02 pm
Please let that be the trailer for a feature-length portion of climbing filth: the world needs a new West Coast Gimps / Stoned Love.  Those Dosage films are all very well but frankly lack the obscenity and unsettling imagery of the classics. 

Incidently, did Micky Page ever manage Cypher? I saw him on it ages ago and would like to think that his commitment in getting a step-ladder all the way up that hill was eventually rewarded.  Although it was initially very disconcerting to see 6ft of B&Q's finest teetering amongst the natural glories.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
#26 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 03:13:48 pm
Incidently, did Micky Page ever manage Cypher? I saw him on it ages ago and would like to think that his commitment in getting a step-ladder all the way up that hill was eventually rewarded.  Although it was initially very disconcerting to see 6ft of B&Q's finest teetering amongst the natural glories.

As far as I'm aware only Moon, Dunning and Earl have done it. I've been very close recently but haven't climbed for a month really so need to shape up to nail it. It's the only thing I'm psyched for at the mo.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#27 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 03:35:43 pm
Oh well, I was hoping that since Micky Page is such an unassuming beast he'd managed it but it wasn't widely known.

Good luck with your own attempt anyway: it's a beautiful line regardless of the technical challenge it represents.

Doylo

• forum hero
#28 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 03:37:18 pm
Please let that be the trailer for a feature-length portion of climbing filth: the world needs a new West Coast Gimps / Stoned Love.  Those Dosage films are all very well but frankly lack the obscenity and unsettling imagery of the classics. 

If its climbing filth your after i'll sort you the Hueco film, I think its quite tame but Paul B was so shocked he gave it away! Some people  :shrug: The swiss stuff is mainly hard cranking i'm afraid. Not sure i'll ever match Stoned Love/West Coast again Moose. Don't think Micks done Cypher, but you never know with that one.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#29 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 04:19:26 pm
Cheers fella, I need some motivational climbing footage to keep my mojo simmering until the weather warms.   I'm currently setting a record for numb-fingered crag retreats that resembles Le Grande Armee's winter tour of Moscow. 

Don't worry about any disappointment on the affront-to-decency front; it's not really the rabelaisian filth that I enjoy so much as the sheer sense of enjoyment that accompanies the hard cranking.  Many climbing films seem to focus on making the progagonists look as gracefully enigmatic as possible - the viewer forgets about the fun.

philo

• forum hero
#30 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 09:41:18 pm
Oh well, I was hoping that since Micky Page is such an unassuming beast he'd managed it but it wasn't widely known.

Good luck with your own attempt anyway: it's a beautiful line regardless of the technical challenge it represents.
and aparently it was newman who took the ladder up there haha

Paul B

• forum hero
#31 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 10:18:05 pm

If its climbing filth your after i'll sort you the Hueco film, I think its quite tame but Paul B was so shocked he gave it away! Some people  :shrug: The swiss stuff is mainly hard cranking i'm afraid. Not sure i'll ever match Stoned Love/West Coast again Moose. Don't think Micks done Cypher, but you never know with that one.

To be fair, I was crippled at the time, watched it and then Helen and Nige rocked up and asked if they could borrow it, I said they might as well keep it as I'd seen it and they're actually in it.
Looking at a giant turd, mule and his various gimp sequences etc. aren't on the top of my list for content in a climbing film. Just imagine that to dense "How did it feeeeelll?"

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#32 Re: Repeats
January 09, 2009, 11:44:40 pm
Cypher is a fucking ace line.

Why isn't there more chalk on the arch project? And all that shit at the Nth cloud.

Doylo

• forum hero
#33 Re: Repeats
January 10, 2009, 01:53:01 am
Looking at a giant turd, mule and his various gimp sequences etc. aren't on the top of my list for content in a climbing film.

Does this man you won't be interested in purchasing the doylo box-set? You should stick to dosage mate, i've heard its turd free :yawn:

Paul B

• forum hero
#34 Re: Repeats
January 10, 2009, 10:35:34 pm
Why isn't there more chalk on the arch project? And all that shit at the Nth cloud.

'cos its nails?

Does this man you won't be interested in purchasing the doylo box-set? You should stick to dosage mate, i've heard its turd free :yawn:

to the contrary, these days its full of turd!

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#35 Re: Repeats
January 13, 2009, 02:35:45 am

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal