• Leafy gent
#200 Re: The Works
January 29, 2009, 12:50:44 pm
I can remove your retinas with a rusty spoon if you like.  :shrug:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#201 Re: The Works
January 29, 2009, 01:31:21 pm
Le Sausage's image, on the other hand, is burnt into my retina - stripped to his Y-fronts, blind fold and with 6kilos doing problems on the 50.

which hard banisters was this?

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#202 Re: The Works
January 29, 2009, 03:23:38 pm
Le Sausage's image, on the other hand, is burnt into my retina - stripped to his Y-fronts, blind fold and with 6kilos doing problems on the 50.

yeah baby!!!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#203 Re: The Works
January 29, 2009, 03:26:00 pm
You sick fuck Jerry.

dave

#204 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 09:14:32 am
word, checked out the campus board situation last night. it is going to be a problem I recon. its very matrix-esqu at the moment. starting on rung 3 i was still clattering into the bottom wall, i found it really gets in the way. it would be even worse for doing stuff like 1-4-3 touches, even if you did 3-6-5 touches probably. luckily my membership period runs out next week so i'll probably not use the campus board seriously again. its a shame, since this does spoil it a bit. if the bottom wall was say 12" further away that would have made all the difference, but i don't know what other things you had to work around. i trust the new board is worth this sacrifice though.

travs

• menacing presence
#205 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 09:33:15 am
Well I don't quite agree with this Dave. I think it depends on how much you bend your thighs and kick your feet whilst campussing. I have tried the board a couple of times and it was fine most of the time. I think it's more psychological and as you get used to the position of the board you will adjust your body position to ensure that you miss it. In reality the exercise will be more benefical with less leg bend as it will be more about pure arm and back strength and less about assisted momentum from lower limb movement, this can only be a good thing.

dave

#206 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 09:39:56 am
someone of my height needs to have legs bent to keep them off the floor neil. i can hold the bottom run whilst still being knelt on the floor.

travs

• menacing presence
#207 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 09:49:05 am
Well that's ridiculous and you should be banned from campussing, infact at that height you should be banned from climbing full stop.

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#208 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 09:55:20 am
Or maybe the guys could get hold of a very tall, thin building and build a 'Supersize Works' for the tall people? Leave us shorties to get on with it  ;)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#209 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 10:04:42 am
start further up, what are you doing swinging your legs underneath a campus board for gods sake.

all people seem to do is pick fault with the place then declare it rather loudly on the net, hiding under the guise of constructive critism. go to the edge or stay on your own boards if you feel so strongly. i don't think the place is perfect but i'm not going to share my thoughts with 16,000 others

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#210 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 10:05:52 am
Well that's ridiculous and you should be banned from campussing, infact at that height you should be banned from climbing full stop.

travs only comes on here to rage at the tall.........

dave

#211 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 10:33:53 am
start further up, what are you doing swinging your legs underneath a campus board for gods sake.

sorry if everyone suddenly got down with this whole wheelchair campussing vibe without me noticing, but everyone I see on it certainly doesn't hold their lower body rigid and vertical like a fucking gymnast.

all people seem to do is pick fault with the place then declare it rather loudly on the net, hiding under the guise of constructive critism. go to the edge or stay on your own boards if you feel so strongly. i don't think the place is perfect but i'm not going to share my thoughts with 16,000 others

you just have shared your thoughts with 16,000 others.

i don't see how people not giving feedback is of any help to anyone. if people didn't give their opinion "under the guise of constructive critism" then the works probably wouldn't be about to have a potentially superb steep board, instead we could just sycophantically pretend the place was perfect from the outset and moan about it in private. the reason you hear about the faults and not the plusses is the faults are relativley minor and few, and not obvious to the casual observer, but the plusses are many and obvious. would anyone read a thread that just contained people dishing out plaudits?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#212 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 10:43:08 am
would anyone read a thread that just contained people dishing out plaudits?

:whistle:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#213 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 10:49:42 am
why not, they read you ripping the shit out of it with every post

i didn't share my thoughts with 16000 others at all, all they know is that i don't think the place is perfect, nor do i think anything else is perfect. i've not picked faults over various things to a cast of 1000's

dave

#214 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 10:55:49 am
bully for you!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#215 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 11:49:29 am
Will anyone be going there now we've all got Beastmakers?

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#216 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 11:56:00 am
I'm sure a few deluded idiots will still be psyched for actually going climbing.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#217 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 12:01:41 pm
what, you mean outdoors?

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#218 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 12:04:52 pm
The new board (which was widely voted for on this forum, by the way) has had to fit into a very limited space. If I move it any closer to the comp wall to create more space under the campus board (so Dave can windmill his massive legs wildly while performing 1-2-3) then it becomes a hazard - climbers falling on to one another whilst climbing on both walls at the same time, etc. If I move it further the other way (away from the comp wall), then the campus board will become completely useless. Therefore it has to go where it is. It needs the bottom section of the board because this is an integral part of the structure (the board has to sit on the floor, otherwise it will fall over). I know its changed things, but the problems are not insurmountable, and starting a rung or two higher and maintaining a bit of body tension is all thats needed to campus happily. Even I tested it (I NEVER normally campus - elbows are too old, biceps too weak, etc..) and found it to be ok - different to before, granted, but still ok. Christ, we could even put a couple of footholds on the new bit under the campus board so that people can use the campus board with a bit of help from their feet....

When I return from a much needed break in a weeks time the board will get finished, and the master plan to fit new finger boards and pull-up bars in a new space will happen. This will enable you to do front levers and all the sorts of exercises that the position of the new board has currently curtailed. It will all be OK - don't panic!

And, Dobbin, are you going to have 3 beastmakers mounted on a board at 1-4-7 spacings?

I think not.

Dr T

• forum hero
#219 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 12:19:06 pm
it really is amazing how much people bitch and moan, guess some you guys in Sheffield don't realise what amazing facilities you have on your doorstep, I'm from the grim south in case you were wondering
(sitting back waiting to be puntered, Dr)

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#220 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 12:33:20 pm

Paul B

• forum hero
#221 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 02:29:24 pm
it really is amazing how much people bitch and moan, guess some you guys in Sheffield don't realise what amazing facilities you have on your doorstep, I'm from the grim south in case you were wondering
(sitting back waiting to be puntered, Dr)

It was hinted to me my Mr.Dense that ALL of my posts on this thread are fairly -ve. This wasn't intended, I thought it was worth noting any concerns before the whole thing was finished an un-tweakable. If the tweaks aren't possible then so be it. If I'd been down recently and chatting to Sam I'd have said the same thing, probably more tactfully.

Dr T. read this again:

The new board (which was widely voted for on this forum, by the way)

If nobody had commented on the lack of this board, chances are it might still be missing.

And, Dobbin, are you going to have 3 beastmakers mounted on a board at 1-4-7 spacings?
I think not.

Now that will be elitist  ;).

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#222 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 02:33:32 pm

Is it legal to own 3 Beastmakers?

Dr T

• forum hero
#223 Re: The Works
January 30, 2009, 02:46:25 pm

Dr T. read this again:

The new board (which was widely voted for on this forum, by the way)

If nobody had commented on the lack of this board, chances are it might still be missing.

I wasn't saying that all of this was bitching and moaning, a lot is constructive I just wanted to put in a in a note to try and put some perspective on it all  ;D

dave

#224 Re: The Works
February 12, 2009, 03:19:47 pm
looks like the worx peeps have done the right thing (I thought it was alright as it was perc? ;) ) and changed the campusboard section, moving it 18" out from the bottom wall - good stuff fellas, looks rad. nice to see the drainpipes have gone, should help keep that area free of the circus-skills droogs. wicked. (if you guys could find a way to "lose" the dip horse, that'd be great too.....)

http://www.climbingworks.com/blog/2009/02/11/#147

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal