Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#4827 Re: Da News
February 01, 2013, 03:25:16 pm
This is comedy gold, could be from Brass Eye...

"They noticed something on the road and, at first, they thought it was a traffic cone, but he was wearing red trousers," he said.

He said rumours that he had been abducted and that an insult had been carved on his head were speculation.

They went to the local garda station and they got him tea and biscuits. He gobbled up the biscuits as he was ravenous so they got him some curry chips.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21291356

blacky

• addict
#4828 Re: Da News
February 01, 2013, 04:25:55 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21295465

My god this is a thorny issue. On the one hand people twine on endlessly about jobs and how it would be benficial for West Cumbria, and it would, but it's a National Park  (the best one  8)) and they should be sacred shouldn't they? What P's me off about it is that Cumbria's considered good for nowt other than a nuclear waste dump while the rest of the country gets a 36 billion pound train-set. The sooner the government realises that National Parks and other beautiful places are a massive part of what keeps this country sane and starts facilitating proper sustainable investment in them the better  :spank:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:33:21 pm by blacky »

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4829 Re: Da News
February 02, 2013, 08:06:37 am

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

tomtom

• forum hero
#4831 Da News
February 03, 2013, 05:21:11 pm

This is a superb article. Its about a film, about economics - but read it, its eye opening and entertaining...

http://m.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/feb/02/inequality-for-all-us-economy-robert-reich

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4832 Re: Da News
February 04, 2013, 03:07:47 pm
That film sounds well worth watching.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4833 Re: Da News
February 04, 2013, 04:54:55 pm

andy popp

• forum hero
#4834 Re: Da News
February 04, 2013, 05:33:56 pm
I'm loving the Richard III news. Ace!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4835 Re: Da News
February 05, 2013, 08:31:07 pm
I'm loving the Richard III news. Ace!

Queen Elizabeth II issued with £789.432 fine from Leicester City Council.

tesla

• addict
  • long mover
#4836 Re: Da News
February 06, 2013, 01:37:51 am
Brilliant! When I saw Andy's 'loving the Richard III news' post all I could think of was the cockney rhyming slang 'richard' until I googled it and read the news story. Living in the States now, this was the first I'd heard about it. hehe, that made my evening. whatever next.

tesla

• addict
  • long mover
#4837 Re: Da News
February 06, 2013, 01:39:37 am
oh, and the 'winter of disco tent' joke over in Only Joking makes a bit more sense to me now =)

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#4838 Re: Da News
February 07, 2013, 11:27:44 am
http://www.theage.com.au/tv/Documentary/Then-The-Wind-Changed-4311801.html

Four years ago today. Forty plus degree days here are always just a little scary now.

andy popp

• forum hero
#4839 Re: Da News
February 07, 2013, 07:42:14 pm
So, was today not complete humiliation for Gove? No external events, no extenuating circumstances, no precipitating crisis, just utter failure.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4840 Da News
February 07, 2013, 08:31:28 pm
Shows the blind arrogance of the fool... Imposing a flawed system on everyone to fit is misguided views.. Then having to back track when his own party/mps/select committee tell him it won't work and having the gall to say its listening to feedback. He SHOULD have consulted on this first before going off not half cocked - not cocked!

I thought this govt was benign at first, but it seems they are encouraging the wholesale outsourcing of everything bit by bit - and no one seems to be noticing... Prisons, probation, parts of the Police, pars of the Nhs.. What a mess.

Bedroom tax, it looks like the overall cost will be higher, due to a shortage of smaller council properties, people may be forced to rent from the private sector - under housing benefit, costing more than they paid for thier council property before.. Bonkers..

Rant over...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4841 Re: Da News
February 08, 2013, 03:36:15 pm
The really worrying thing about the litany of fuck ups made by Dave et al is that the opposition leader is so useless that Labour aren't 20+ points ahead. Not only the blatant privatisation of everything but the U-turns, scandal, infighting, economic ineptitude, downright shambles on everything........

Seriously, how much more ammunition do you need? It's pathetic.

The gay marriage fiasco only served to prove the point that the Tories being divided is nothing to cheer about. It's another nail in Dave's coffin that over half his party voted against him but this isn't a good thing. I can see a vote of no confidence before too long and you know who stands to take over if that happens. If so I have every faith in the stupidity of the British public to vote the loveable buffoon nasty scheming Tory cunt in as our next Prime Minister ("ooh but wasn't he great at the Olympics").

And then we're really fucked.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4842 Re: Da News
February 08, 2013, 04:50:38 pm
The really worrying thing about the litany of fuck ups made by Dave et al is that the opposition leader is so useless that Labour aren't 20+ points ahead. Not only the blatant privatisation of everything but the U-turns, scandal, infighting, economic ineptitude, downright shambles on everything........

The gay marriage fiasco only served to prove the point that the Tories being divided is nothing to cheer about. It's another nail in Dave's coffin that over half his party voted against him but this isn't a good thing. I can see a vote of no confidence before too long and you know who stands to take over if that happens. If so I have every faith in the stupidity of the British public to vote the loveable buffoon nasty scheming Tory cunt in as our next Prime Minister ("ooh but wasn't he great at the Olympics").

But Michael Gove wasn't involved with the Olympics…

tomtom

• forum hero
#4843 Da News
February 09, 2013, 09:17:24 am

This might interest you...

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/08/ed-miliband-obama-hollande-choice

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4844 Re: Da News
February 11, 2013, 01:08:26 pm
And as the Pope resigns the College of Cardinals announce they're buying him clock that goes backwards as a retirement gift…

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4845 Re: Da News
February 12, 2013, 05:39:52 pm
So. Martine McCutcheon then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21429928

Perhaps a personal tax/financial accountant out there could explain to me how one ends up in the situation where one has to petition for one's own bankruptcy, where the revenoo is the biggest creditor?

Surely you speak to your financial advisor type-people to ensure your tax commitments get paid currently when they are due, and you put money aside from your income to meet that liability when it becomes due?

It would appear someone else who does this for a living seems to be thinking along the same lines as my rather simplistic analysis -

Ed Thomas, insolvency practitioner at accountancy firm Mazars told Credit Today it was the celebrity's responsibility to ensure their financial affairs are up-to-date.

"Without knowing the background to this matter, one should not point the finger, but generally we are seeing several celebrities failing in their obligation to ensure that their financial affairs are dealt with properly.

"There is no doubt that they pay a lot of money to people who claim to be managing their affairs professionally.

He added that HMRC will give several warnings and opportunities to settle any liabilities before taking action.

"Therefore, any abrogation by the celebrity of their responsibility to deal with income tax and other debt issues, is no real defence," he said.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4847 Re: Da News
February 13, 2013, 11:47:34 am
So. Martine McCutcheon then.

I think it's a case of being deluded and believing in your own talent. For a few years you are flavour of the moth, the money is rolling in, and you are living the life. Then you get drunk and throw up on Mick Hucknall (for which you should get fortunes IMHO) the bubble bursts, everyone is awakened to the fact that you are a talentless hag, the work dries up, but you still live the lifestyle believing that "something will come up", but nothing does, so you find yourself up a certain creek financially, and sorely lacking a critical piece of paddling equipment.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#4848 Re: Da News
February 14, 2013, 08:30:18 am
flavour of the moth
is it like chicken?

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4849 Re: Da News
February 14, 2013, 08:55:28 am
'kinnel!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21455453

"South African police say a 26-year-old man has been arrested in at the home of Oscar Pistorius in connection with the fatal shooting of his girlfriend"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal