• http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#100 Re: Mecca hold
September 13, 2008, 02:48:07 pm
you should be out having fun

belperpete

• addict
#101 Re: Mecca hold
September 13, 2008, 08:06:11 pm
Having been back on Mecca yesterday and had a closer look at the hold I think it should be repaired as in my opinion this breakage could compromise the integrity of the main hold. The repair will be small, insigificant and hard to spot and will hopefully preserve the main hold.

As for grades well having been back on the route this move is a touch easier but in no way will it alter the grade of Mecca or the extensions. It's say a   couple of % easier in my view but to others it will probably be nof different.

Anyway it was interesting to see everyones' views of hold repair.
Thanks Andy, by the way did you snatch it?? and did the extension get done. Jeez, you were all so close and it's all brilliant stuff! Sounds right (to me)to do as you say. It's up for anybody to sort out, but, if it's not done next time we're there (which will be soon), Jon and I will attempt a reasonable repair of the hold by shortening the length appropriately and making sure it's reinforced against future breakage.

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#102 Re: Mecca hold
September 13, 2008, 09:52:14 pm
Having been back on Mecca yesterday and had a closer look at the hold I think it should be repaired as in my opinion this breakage could compromise the integrity of the main hold. The repair will be small, insigificant and hard to spot and will hopefully preserve the main hold.

As for grades well having been back on the route this move is a touch easier but in no way will it alter the grade of Mecca or the extensions. It's say a   couple of % easier in my view but to others it will probably be nof different.

Anyway it was interesting to see everyones' views of hold repair.
Thanks Andy, by the way did you snatch it?? and did the extension get done. Jeez, you were all so close and it's all brilliant stuff! Sounds right (to me)to do as you say. It's up for anybody to sort out, but, if it's not done next time we're there (which will be soon), Jon and I will attempt a reasonable repair of the hold by shortening the length appropriately and making sure it's reinforced against future breakage.

No offence here Pete but i think the repair should be done by someone who has considerable recollection of what the hold was like previously. If you do then fair enough.

belperpete

• addict
#103 Re: Mecca hold
September 14, 2008, 08:12:19 am
Non taken John and I understand the problem, as already mentioned in one of my earlier posts.
Referring back to Kingy's last post, I wonder if anybody else will get 'off their arse' and sort it though.
 i'm happy to stand back and observe. Cheers.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#104 Re: Mecca hold
September 14, 2008, 10:39:49 am
Leave it be, it's not a diamond from the Queens tiara . . .    ::)

Kingy

• forum hero
#105 Re: Mecca hold
September 14, 2008, 12:47:10 pm
I wonder if anybody else will get 'off their arse' and sort it though.

Don't worry Pete it will get done soon. There are plenty of willing gluers out there. I agree with John that it is best that somebody with a lot of experience of the hold as it was should do the repair. Otherwise there is a risk that it will not be put back exactly how it was. As for myself, I am taking a back seat as I am 'out of the loop' if you will as I am injured and not going to the crag every week.

belperpete

• addict
#106 Re: Mecca hold
September 14, 2008, 02:54:48 pm
Sorry about the injury, but that's cool re the gluing

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#107 Re: Mecca hold
September 14, 2008, 06:28:17 pm
Leave it be, it's not a diamond from the Queens tiara . . .    ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal