UKBouldering.com

Annot (Read 5996 times)

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
Annot
April 08, 2008, 09:37:15 pm
Just got back from a weekends bouldering at Annot and every time I go I just get taken to better and better spots. I the past I've always thought "yeah good but its not Font" This trip I went to two areas that are up there with the best of font. You have to go.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: Annot
April 08, 2008, 09:39:28 pm
Pics?

Plus - what's the local produce like?  It's great isn't it?   :alky: 8)

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#2 Re: Annot
April 08, 2008, 10:09:25 pm
Well I'll be there on Friday, avec minx, so I'll let you know.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#3 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 12:02:49 am
Looks nice:

How do the grades compare with... well... a real grading system like Font?

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 10:54:11 am
http://www.abloc.org/index.php?type=2&aab=c67c965f977d1613e046283ce92ac37f
This is the link to the site with loads of pics and a full topo.
For anyone interested in going the rock gets better as you go up the hill dont bother with the lower areas. The best places Ive been to are: Paf le chien, requiem for block, le crete.
And yes houdini the local produce is stunning.

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 10:58:15 am
Looks nice:

How do the grades compare with... well... a real grading system like Font?
I've talked to the locals about this- its hilarious the rest of the world has adopted the font system and the Annot crew have gone for the bastard offspring of the old Peak/  american system. Basically: B10 is font 7b everything else works up and down from that. The mantles are all bastards.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#6 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 11:09:36 am
that looks awesome...

*for the weekend you say??*

travel?

logistics??

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#7 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 11:22:44 am
I have checked with Mrs Starfish and Lagers Jr and I am all set for an Autumn trip (at least one) with you, Joe  :bounce:
Since I can't tell one grade from another and have used B grades B4, the grading system will make no difference to me (and is interchangeable with txt speak so means 0 to no1).

You are ace and Audrey is a the goddess and I withdraw all ramblings to the contrary.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#8 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 11:44:48 am
I have checked with Mrs Starfish and Lagers Jr and I am all set for an Autumn trip (at least one) with you, Joe  :bounce:
Since I can't tell one grade from another and have used B grades B4, the grading system will make no difference to me (and is interchangeable with txt speak so means 0 to no1).

You are ace and Audrey is a the goddess and I withdraw all ramblings to the contrary.

could be seeing me taking up on Joe's hospitality as well..... anything there for my lad to do... or is all nails??

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#9 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 01:47:00 pm
You are of course both welcome fatdoc and lagers there are loads of easy probs, and huge potential for new ones. It will probably be autumn before I can get out again so plenty of time tomake plans. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:14:09 pm by Joepicalli »

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#10 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 01:52:55 pm
I'm in.   :great:

wont be getting out to france this summer, need a trip to look foreward too!!!  :'(

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#11 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 01:57:02 pm
that looks awesome...

travel?

logistics??

Cheap flight out of L'pool -Nice, or during spring -summer early Autumn, east midlands. Stay at my place, rent car go up to annot climb for a few days, come back to Nice mooch about looking at girls and eating serious food and drinking good wineare we having problems with any of this?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#12 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 02:05:51 pm
Can we also rollerblade along the Promenade Angalise wearing lycra shorts and holding hands like all the other muscly men?

I understand if you don't want to, but will still think of you when I find a real man who will...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#13 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 02:10:59 pm
Watch out for the dog shit though.

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#14 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 02:16:32 pm
Can we also rollerblade along the Promenade Angalise wearing lycra shorts and holding hands like all the other muscly men?

I understand if you don't want to, but will still think of you when I find a real man who will...
given the usual range of activities going on on the Prom we shall fit right in Lycra rollerblading it is on the rest days

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#15 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 02:28:35 pm
Watch out for the dog shit though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For those who have not heard this before - Mrs Starfish and I had a fantastic day of hetro-blading along the prom. I have had some previous experience and Mrs S was feeling a bit put out by my superior skating skills, despite the fact that she had dressed up for the occasion and was looking well chic and far more attractive than I deserve. She sat down in the shade for a bit of a rest at the end of the Prom, only to find that she had sat in dog shit. Not just a bit, but a whole stinky pile of the stuff. Oh how we laughed. She is the woman for me and I will look at no other as long as we both shall breathe  :shag:

Darren S

• addict
    • www.climbnewcastle.com
#16 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 04:41:27 pm
http://www.abloc.org/index.php?type=2&aab=c67c965f977d1613e046283ce92ac37f
This is the link to the site with loads of pics and a full topo.
For anyone interested in going the rock gets better as you go up the hill dont bother with the lower areas. The best places Ive been to are: Paf le chien, requiem for block, le crete.
And yes houdini the local produce is stunning.

Joe thanks for the link. Hope all is well.
I went to Annot a couple times, a few years ago, but only explored the lower areas and thought they were poo, the higher stuff looks much better.
I did enjoy the routes though even if the grading was a bit hit or miss.
Looking forward to July when I, hopefully, move to France on permanent basis.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#17 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 06:29:41 pm
that looks awesome...

travel?

logistics??

Cheap flight out of L'pool -Nice, or during spring -summer early Autumn, east midlands. Stay at my place, rent car go up to annot climb for a few days, come back to Nice mooch about looking at girls and eating serious food and drinking good wineare we having problems with any of this?

nope, sounds like a TOP time...

and i've got simply ooddles of designer swiss lyrca to get squeezed into for the trips down the prom  :o

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#18 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 07:59:52 pm
It bouldering is brilliant at Annot, but if you go Fatdoc it is imperative that

a)  I'm allowed to come

and

b)  You take your road bike - the col from Annot village is a corker (an hour long grind at Froggatt hill type gradient, stacks of haripins, awesome view, smooth tarmac, no traffic and over well over 1000 metres of ascent - followed by a 15 to 20 minute descent (depending on braveness) that is pant filling at best, and downright terrifying at worst. AMAZING!) Ride first thing in the morning, then mount your sedan chair and get the kids to carry you in to the blocs for an afternoon of bouldering. Walking after riding the col for the first time gives one a good chance for a cracking John Wayne impression....

Never go to Annot for routes - its like traveling from the south of France to the Peak and being taken to Stoney  ;)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#19 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 08:01:31 pm
right,

I'm now near foaming to go....

autumn it is...

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#20 Re: Annot
April 09, 2008, 10:50:31 pm
Daaaahhhh feck
Bikes as well is it Perce and fatdoc. So lets get this straight: the team rollerblades in lycra the length of the prom (12mile round trip, its m'regular blade run (I cannot believe I got a reference to my favorite film of all time in there; this just gets better and better); jumps into the car and drives to Annot boulders like fuck... then jumps on to their bikes and rides cols. It will make the Nice Iron man triathlon look like an invitation to arrange flowers with the WI.  It will acually make a weekend in Scotland with Reevsey look like soft option.
I am so in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal