UKBouldering.com

Committed Premiere at The Climbing Works This Sunday (Read 7034 times)

MattH

• menacing presence
A bit late to post it - sorry.

Committed will be premiered at The Clibming Works this Sunday.
Full dtails: http://www.heason.net/HTML/CurrentEvents/HeasonEventsCurrentEvents200710CommittedPremiereSheffield.htm

MattH

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
So, is it any good? Hope so, as it's on order.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
oh yes...

v good.

only saw 1st half, my kids needed their beds... but great evening.. looking foreward to more events like it at the works ;D

MattH

• menacing presence
Thanks Fatdoc. Anybody else got an feedback? Who would you like to see talking at the Works? Any other film nights? Am working on the management at the Works to put in some in-house screens and projectors so we don;t have to trail miles of cable everywhere like last night.

MattH

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Seemed to work very well given the challenging laid-out venue. Could see the screens pretty well and wasn't too weird having 3 of them at once.

Two improvements would be to make some of the seating a bit closer and put the "campus" screen a bit higher, also close the works for an hour before to hoover the mats!

Oh, and drawing number 310 for the purple moon t-shirt would have been good :P

MattH

• menacing presence
Thanks Fiend,
Agreed re hoovering the mats.
If I can persuade the guys at the Works to put some permanent screens in we can put them in the best spots...

Glad you enjoyed,
Matt

Bowie

• addict
Matt - good event. You can always tweak around the edges but fundamentally sound, even the non climbing gf enjoyed it, always a good indicator.

the film itself, first climbing film i've seen in years, some great footage with sweaty palms action.

thanks

andy

Paul B

• forum hero
Who would you like to see talking at the Works? Any other film nights?

Dani Andrada when he's over for the Boreal boot demo?  :-[

I really liked the film last night, the footage was really good and the commentary only got annoying in a couple of places.

also close the works for an hour before to hoover the mats!

I think this might make things finish a bit late.

luckyjez

• addict
Apparantly, Dani's english is non-existant according to Pod. We were going to have him speak in the cafe at Outside but he recommended against it!

Paul B

• forum hero
Apparantly, Dani's english is non-existant according to Pod. We were going to have him speak in the cafe at Outside but he recommended against it!

:lol: - so are you still going ahead with it?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
To be honest, I would have preferred to see the film in the showroom. Great if you can show more films by using the works, but please don't abandon the cinema - it's where films are meant to be seen.

Constructive criticism:
Stagger the seats. I sat behind a tall man and spent all film craning my neck.
Switch off all the lights. Including the ones at the other end of the building. A minor niggle, but easily solved.
Make sure the projector is properly focussed. Don't know about the other screens, but ours was noticeably off. (yes, I know, cinemas have this problem too).

As for the film, I quite enjoyed it. Shame The Promise was over and done so fast. As the hardest route in the film, it would have been a nice climax, in the same way that Meshuga was for Hard Grit. Loved Ben Cossey's section, and Jude Spanken's.

a dense loner

• forum hero
constructive criticism:
move seats or sit on the mats
ask for the lights that are bothering you to be switched off
tell them the projector is not properly focused

those of you that think the floor should be mopped so you can sit down, don't go to a climbing wall to watch a film.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Should have dense doing the MCing.

dave

what like "Yo yo, say what say what, anyone fancy danny's throw your muthafucking hand in the air" etc.?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
have to say and sorry if it offends anyone out there, but got my copy yesturday

what a pile of shit............

Sooooooooo disapointed, got the guys round for a curry and some action, MMMMMMM.

The comments around the room after about 10 minutes what is this its like the worst bits from hard grit.

Sorry guys, I mean like 4 E10's a few E9's should have been great watching, but no, uninspiring, unmotavating music, boring.

What is the future for the britsh film makers,

Sorry just had to say my peace, after everyone bigged it up.

Also not many extras, but we did have a giggle when the youth was doing one arners brushing his teeth, best bit of the film by far

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
Instead of apologising for offensive comments, why didn't you just not make them?

'Pile of shit' is hardly constructive is it?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
just giving our opinion

dave

apparently you've got to be really specific these days to slag something off. hows about a scene by scene breakdown?

grimer

• forum hero

The comments around the room after about 10 minutes what is this its like the worst bits from hard grit.

What do you mean? I though the worst bit from Hard Grit was the best bit. :)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
apparently you've got to be really specific these days to slag something off. hows about a scene by scene breakdown?

ok, right I love climbing films, and buy every one that comes on the market, good or bad, i like to support the climbing film makers

i have seen some realy shit films. and some very good films.

Now then E11 I thought was amazing, ground breaking stuff. So A new film by the same guys, filming E10's like there going out of fasion, fantastic i thought.

The reason i said shit. There was no build up to any of the climbs, I mean like the promise, only about 1 minute of footage, The voice over was dull, there was too much of it, no music, and it kept flitting form scene to scene, there really wasnt any direction to the film.

So basically it was built up to be this huge film, and we were all very disapointed.

Compare it the like of king lines, first ascent, and you see my point

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's more like it Neil. Not quite specific enough but you're getting there. I'll give you 7/10 for you slagging off however, as I'm not a registered officer of the specificity police, this mark is not official and may be subject to further adjudication by those more pedantic than myself.

dom

• addict
Got to agree with with you neil.  I watched it right after King Lines, and the difference was obvious.  I loved E11, so this was quite a dissapointment.  I wrote a short review on my blog if anyones interested.

a dense loner

• forum hero
whereas i thought E11 was one of the worst things i've ever seen, pilgramige obviously topping the list. i would compare committed/consumed with first ascent.
neil only a fool would invite mates round for a curry and some beers to watch a trad climbing film ;)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl

neil only a fool would invite mates round for a curry and some beers to watch a trad climbing film ;)

:lol:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Got to agree with with you neil.  I watched it right after King Lines, and the difference was obvious.  I loved E11, so this was quite a dissapointment.  I wrote a short review on my blog if anyones interested.

yes read the blog, totally my point, hits the nail on the head,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal