UKBouldering.com

Ceuse on your own and route recommendations (Read 2294 times)

ksjs

• menacing presence
am off to Ceuse in June for 10 days, going by myself, havent been before: any views on whats it like for turning up and meeting partners? have been advised grades are pretty stiff - any comments?

also, any suggestions for routes (stamina/power with nice falls) to onsight at 7b,7b+,7c?

thanks

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Most people stay in the campsite at the bottom, ask around there. It's steep enough that most falls are safe, but the occasional runout means not all are nice. I was climbing in lower grades but remember Petit Illusion to be good at 7a(+?) and Zagreb being good value at 6c. Super Mickey is OK at 7b(?) if you are happy pulling on a mono for the crux. I thought grades were OK, just runouts made them feel a bit harder?

Paul B

• forum hero
am off to Ceuse in June for 10 days, going by myself, havent been before: any views on whats it like for turning up and meeting partners? have been advised grades are pretty stiff - any comments?

also, any suggestions for routes (stamina/power with nice falls) to onsight at 7b,7b+,7c?

thanks

Lapinerie is a soft 7b for the flash if youve got the balls for the last little pop. I don't really believe that the grades are stiff at ceuse just very different from the uk. All of the things at the cascade around that grade are good, Alabama 7b+ is a really british route and that 7c+ (really only soft 7c shares juggy start with another route) route with the mono is good around that grade, as well as all the classics.

ksjs

• menacing presence
cheers for the replies - lots to keep me busy...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal