UKBouldering.com

printers (Read 1586 times)

chappers

• forum hero
printers
January 08, 2007, 01:19:22 pm
i need to get a printer.
no need to print anything fancy, just my many hundreds of lesson plans as i do my pgce.
sub 100 quid.
any brands to look out for, any mega deals going/good places to get one?? would like it if possible to be cheap on the refill ink (is that possible)???
on a mac.

ta, chris

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#1 Re: printers
January 08, 2007, 01:35:34 pm
eh up!

boyfriends got a colour printer for his powerbook which is good (maybe too fancy) i'll have a look when i get home and see what it is.

only point i can make for printers if you're using them regularly - is fully scope out how much cartridges are etc - since it might be more worthwhile splashing out more dough on a machine that will be much cheaper to run in the long run.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: printers
January 08, 2007, 04:16:05 pm
Or if you have a friend/family member who is dyslexic and in Higher Education, I think you can get cartridges for free (providing they claim it's for themselves). My old housemate used to do this for me and it saved a lot of moolah on toner carts.
Think you might have to pay upfront and then get reimbursed at a later date.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#3 Re: printers
January 08, 2007, 06:40:17 pm
I have a Samsung ML 1210 laser printer which I picked up for £50 quid a couple of years ago. A lot less hassle than an inkjet but consistant quality and faster.

squeek

• junky
#4 Re: printers
January 09, 2007, 01:08:35 pm
i need to get a printer.
no need to print anything fancy, just my many hundreds of lesson plans as i do my pgce.
sub 100 quid.
any brands to look out for, any mega deals going/good places to get one?? would like it if possible to be cheap on the refill ink (is that possible)???
on a mac.

ta, chris

I might know of a second hand one going if you're interested?  Nothing wrong with it, they've just upgraded to a good photo printer.  I'll get model and price if you are.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal