UKBouldering.com

Camping in the Frankenjura (Read 2539 times)

RobinB

• addict
Camping in the Frankenjura
July 31, 2006, 09:34:45 pm
I am off to the Frankenjura at the end of August with the family. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a good campsite in the Frankenjura that would be suitable for small children - I.e. with a swimming pool or similar amenities to keep the kids occupied

AndiT

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Camping in the Frankenjura
July 31, 2006, 10:40:49 pm
There are loads of really nice sites dude. I can't think of one off my head that has a pool though.

Near Pottenstein and Gossweinstein (I think!) are some good ones I've used before, right amongst the climbing and with play areas and restaurants and stuff. Enjoy it, it's a really nice place.

Andi

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Re: Camping in the Frankenjura
August 01, 2006, 09:05:01 am
Unfortunately the dictionary of all things Jura that is the Harris has gone to Magic wood, else I'm sure he would have filled your head with details.

The campsite all the climbers stay at is beside GruneHolle and KlageMauer (which isnt too far from pottenstein) and is very nice, but I dont know about a swimming pool! what a lovely place. Wish I was going again!

jonas

• regular
  • gajin
    • Tusen tranor
#3 Re: Camping in the Frankenjura
August 01, 2006, 10:00:03 am
I wouldn't stay chez Frau Eichler, where most climbers end up, if I had kids. Or have they improved the facilities since 98? When I was there during eastern 1998 the Camping didn't even have hot water showers. Sorry for the not so updated info. :oops:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal