UKBouldering.com

Snap General Election (Read 16649 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 01:37:27 pm
I live in a very safe Tory seat and would vote Tory.

I know there are plenty of Labour voting climbers but does anyone actually support Blair? :-\

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 01:40:41 pm
Blair is on his his way out, so if you voted Labour, you wouldn't really be voting for him.

Simon S

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 01:52:16 pm
Its got to be Conservative. The lib dems don't appear to have any policies that they would be able to back up if they were in office.
The only snag is that, for me if the tories got in and scrapped the new Home Information Packs I'd be in the shit! :thumbsdown:

irish si

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 02:18:33 pm
i dont give a shit. im moving to usa on sat.

out of the frying pan......

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 03:39:01 pm
Fact:  In the last general election, my mother voted BNP in protest against the 20 000 strong Portugese population of Norfolk.  She has an extremely short memory, especially since some of her family died in WW2.  She is dim, I do not resemble her in any trait other than overly large (22mm gape) nostrils.

Fact:  The Blues blew it when Portillo left. 

Fact:  Margaret Thatcher was one hot sexy bitch, don'tcha think?

Simon S

• menacing presence
#5 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 03:57:47 pm
Quote from:

Fact:  The Blues blew it when Portillo left. 

[/quote
When it comes to 'blowing it' Mark Oaten is the man for the job ;)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#6 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 04:13:31 pm
Excuse me, I must be behind the times...  Do you mean to say that the Tories have found a more charasmatic cocksucker than Portillo?  :-\   

Simon S

• menacing presence
#7 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 04:23:30 pm
No, but the Lib Dems have!!!!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#8 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 04:31:47 pm
Oh, to be a Liberal Democrat!

One gets to sneer @ the left & right simultaneously while being locked into a position of permanent powerlessness.

Third place means loser in any language.

Education, education, education!   Too right!  Fuck off and do your sums again...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 07:41:20 pm

I can't see me ever voting Conservative. They make my skin crawl.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#10 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 08:52:02 pm
But at least you know where you are with a Tory...

(I once went for an interview at Tory HQ for a research job.  The most hideously embarrassing one of my life.  If I'd wet my trousers with huge rivers of smelly asparagus urine I think I would have felt more comfortable. Luckily I didn't get the job, because in the run-up to the 2001 election that research department were about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop.)

When Blair goes New Labour will implode in a spectacular fashion. They've already forgotten what it took to get them in in the first place, and without the grinning bullshitter they'll be completely at sea...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#11 Re: Snap General Election
June 20, 2006, 10:50:33 pm
But at least you know where you are with a Tory...

Aye, underneath & face down, every time.

When the Age of Blair is over, New Labour's only hope is to employ Portillo (you heard it here first).

webbo

• forum hero
#12 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 08:10:27 am
despite the current labour lot being a bunch of tossers.the choice of whether to vote tory or stick red hot needles in my eyes.i'd have to go with the needles.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#13 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 12:33:43 pm
needles in the eyes vs taxation through the nose. brown-nosing in fact.

it's a tough call.

just think - we could have had portillo's quiff leading us into battle. "we dare, my hairdresser dares, and we will both win..."

although he lost...

widdop

• addict
#14 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 05:18:47 pm
this thread is the most honest and well thought out vews i have read,  it should be turned over to the press, 

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#15 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 05:33:41 pm
Taxation in the UK is low, this is commonly over-looked or even forgotten.

My German girlfriend pays over 40% on between 18 & 19 000 €.   It's so common here it's barely worth mentioning...

I pay UK taxes @ c.25%. 

We got it good.

lorentz

• obsessive maniac
#16 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 05:52:16 pm
But to be fair, we don't have the equivalent of another country's economy to prop up - as in former East Germany. And our infrastructure and nationalised industries have been sold off or been left to slowly degrade rather than being modern and efficient. Not so good!

Simon S

• menacing presence
#17 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 08:36:00 pm
Taxation in the UK is low, this is commonly over-looked or even forgotten.

My German girlfriend pays over 40% on between 18 & 19 000 €.   It's so common here it's barely worth mentioning...

I pay UK taxes @ c.25%. 

We got it good.

You seem to have overlooked all the indirect taxes that have been introduced, or tax incentives that have been withdrawn. I can't help but think that if we all had to write out a cheque every month for all the tax we pay, many more would be asking where the money is going. Answer gold plated public sector pensions, more public sector workers and sending us to war. That is why we all pay 50% more tax now than we did 9 years ago. :thumbsdown:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#18 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 08:47:56 pm

The main thing I hold against Blair is the fact that he sucked Bush cock and went to Iraq.

But the conservatives would have done exactly the same.

Simon S

• menacing presence
#19 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 09:53:58 pm
 :agree:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#20 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 09:56:34 pm
W. German taxes have always been high, ie before the Wall came down.  Poor bastards even pay a Church Tax, where opting out means you are disallowed from marrying in a church. 

They're also privatising the rail network soon. 

Comparing the UK to the other major players in the EU - at this moment in time - we're sitting a hell of a lot prettier than all but the Scandinavians.  Highlighting the problems that France and Germany currently face should help you understand how good the UK looks now.  For example, they're are currently over 5 million unemployed in Germany.   

Get what is meant about Blair being a lap dog.  Do you remember that awful speech he made in DC saying shit like, "America, you are not alone!  We'll be there, right by your side!"  etc..   Real barf-inducing shit.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#21 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 10:05:50 pm
Poor bastards even pay a Church Tax, where opting out means you are disallowed from marrying in a church.
Not such a bad thing.

Get what is meant about Blair being a lap dog.  Do you remember that awful speech he made in DC saying shit like, "America, you are not alone!  We'll be there, right by your side!"  etc..   Real barf-inducing shit.
He's probably got a Churchill fixation or something.

Whilst I wasn't upset to see Saddam ousted, the nightmare that has ensued since seems infiniteley less preferable.
Saddam is currently on trial for the killing of a few hundred people, yet since the war started, Iraqbodycount reckons that between 38475 and 42889 Iraqui civilians have been killed.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#22 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 10:22:48 pm
I appreciate the tribal nature of British parliamentary politics, it interests me that no one has yet posted their overt support for Blair.

And let's be honest while Margret Thatcher will always be a 'bogey man' for many her legacy is our current economic structure and New Labour.

The queston is, what promise does Labour have without Blair against that held our by the Conservatives under Cameron?

The next election will be decided in about 90 seats in 'middle england' and the straws in the wind suggest that in these key areas Labour have blown it.

widdop

• addict
#23 Re: Snap General Election
June 21, 2006, 11:28:49 pm
this thread gets better

webbo

• forum hero
#24 Re: Snap General Election
June 22, 2006, 08:21:31 am
labour may not have a replacement for blair.cameron however comes across as a cycle seat sniffer to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal