UKBouldering.com

Targasonne Restrictions (Read 1773 times)

Palomides

• forum abuser
Targasonne Restrictions
April 20, 2006, 01:25:31 pm
Thinking about it, this really should go here  :-[

rather than here http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,3553.msg74667.html#msg74667

i know it was briefly mentioned in the other fred but if anyone has any knowledge then here's the place to spill it. i'm psyched for going in april/may time etc.

Looks like some folk have been leaving gates open and letting the cows out:

Quote from: zebloc 11-04-2006
Climbers have left open barriers and broken fences around sector Dieux Païens. Cows escaped on the road and the landlord has to pay a fine.
RESULT: ALL the SECTORS TO THE NORTH OF THE ROAD (Dieux Païens, TAZ, Arixo, Crash Test, Can Tony, Carrière, la Baleine, Thémis, l'Aigle) ARE PROHIBITED UNTIL THE END OF MAY (when all the cattle are taken to the mountain pastures).
Only the sectors to the South of the road are authorized (Arch, Chauve-souris, Chapeau, Proue).
It's likely that this will be the situation each year, we ask you to really respect this prohibition!

Feckin' idiots, this is why the secret spots remain secret....

Translated by me (sorry Gaby). Original is at http://www.zebloc.com/

ferret

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Targasonne Restrictions
April 26, 2006, 02:44:10 pm
no sectors r actually shut. the farmer who owns the land is a real nutter, nice as pie one minute and completely crazy another. a good example of just how nad he is, is the fact that hes been in prison for shootin a copper with an air rifle! however hav climbed here for the last ten days with no problems. climbers need to be more fuckin respectful, quite a few fences have dissapeared over the last few years, and ive caught too many climbers having fires. hence the reason we dont go out of our way to publisize this area. my advice go, be respectful, ie no fires, rubbish ticklines etc, hav fun and if you do encounter the farmer just quietely leave.

Palomides

• forum abuser

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal