UKBouldering.com

I've just been to... (Read 24190 times)

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#75 I've just been to...
January 23, 2006, 09:17:28 pm
Saturday was pretty warm so spent most of the day hanging around the beach, surfing and drinking coffee.

Sunday was even hotter (pushing mid 30s) so headed out to beronia pt in the mountains. man - this place is steep. Makes ravens tor look slabby. Did a couple of routes but at 20m+ my little boulderers arms didnt last too long. Stil, pretty nice place to visit

MB

• regular
#76 I've just been to...
January 25, 2006, 06:22:43 pm
After getting soggy feet along Arnside Moss i arrived at Fairy Steps. I havent been there for years when it was once my local crag, and now 2 years later it is again.

Did crucifixion SS and Groove Direct, to good problems that i tried years ago. Also fell out of slimy break of Intellect, any one done the sit start? that looks nails.

A good day, shame about some of the seepage.

JR

• forum abuser
#77 I've just been to...
January 25, 2006, 07:54:30 pm
yesterday i went to the argentiere ice falls, today i went to the grand montets on my new skis. tommorow i will be on the tacul and down the vallee blanche.  Its shit...  only 2.5 weeks more of the same...

bigphil

• menacing presence
#78 I've just been to...
January 25, 2006, 09:29:00 pm
I've just been to... Suriname... again, and got back today.  

Its partly below sea level, generally flat, swampy, full of mosquitos and there was f'ck all in the way of climbing of any kind in the coastal plain.  Apparently there are some large granite domes in the interior that have been climbed but at what standard I don't know.

For those that aren't geographically minded, its in South America.  But culturally its more like the carribbean (spelt right Andi-e??).  For climbing or surfing, go elsewhere, like Venezuela.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#79 I've just been to...
January 25, 2006, 09:53:52 pm
Went to Brownstones for a quick hour before it got dark...which turned into another quick hour before it got too dark. And of course, it never got too dark.  :wink:

Finally nailed one of my project dynos on the Nexus wall. Heck yes, that felt so darn good! Such a sweet move. With cherries on. And once I'd done it I could do it again and again. Often the way with dynos I guess. :8)

And had a bit of a play on the sitstart to hank's wall. Got stuck facing rightwards, rocked onto my left leg with left hand on undercling and right hand on sidepull in the low notch (I assume you don't use arete as it's too easy). What next, or is this a whack sequence? Anyone? Dylan?

saltbeef

• forum hero
#80 I've just been to...
January 25, 2006, 09:58:42 pm
yoga. i feel zen... (the teacher was hot too...)

Fj

• menacing presence
#81 I've just been to...
January 25, 2006, 10:43:05 pm
Burbage bridge. Nothing got done, but the grit was dry and the friction good.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#82 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 09:27:37 am
Burbage bridge. Nothing got done, but my hands were sweating and the friction bad.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#83 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 11:20:39 am
Quote from: "saltbeef"

Did that on tuesday, combined with some pool swimming, for the first time in a while.

The yoga teacher is milfy too.

Dude

• addict
#84 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 11:48:57 am
Cogne, for ze ice. Nice, but no grit. :8)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#85 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 02:21:24 pm
Quote from: "SA Chris"
Quote from: "saltbeef"

Did that on tuesday

Thursday is our yoga night, recently witness to some "BIG numbers" attendees  :D , however it's our monday night 'trapeze and aerial' session that gets the eyes out on stalks! (not just for the moves we're busting!)  :wink:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#86 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 08:35:49 pm
Stanage till dark, the sunset this eve was amazing :8)

andy_e

• forum hero
#87 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 08:50:33 pm
Brownstones until dark, the sunset was ok, and the night life came to see us... was fucking freezing. I mean absolutely ball-shrivellingly cold...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#88 I've just been to...
January 26, 2006, 11:18:16 pm
eagle then andle stone. twas ok. nice when the sun came out

SA Chris

• forum hero
#89 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 07:59:46 am
Quote from: "Obi-Wan is lost..."
[ however it's our monday night 'trapeze and aerial' session that gets the eyes out on stalks! (not just for the moves we're busting!)  :wink:

Ok, I'm intrigued, wtf is a trapeze and aerial session, and what induces said eye/stalk event?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#90 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 09:53:05 am
to balance his lust for technical knowledge obi likes to become a free thinking hippy once a week

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#91 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 10:41:58 am
Quote from: "a dense loner"
to balance his lust for technical knowledge obi likes to become a free thinking hippy once a week
thats not fair Dense...it's at least twice a week.  :wink:

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#92 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 10:59:46 am
Ok, I'm intrigued, wtf is a trapeze and aerial session?
Having got throughly pissed off with the expense/dust/dullness of the wall we've been trying a bit of 'alternative' cross training at a circus skills workshop. Beginner 'aerial'  is 'static' trapeze/ropes/silks etc, ie. we haven't advanced onto the swinging/flying trapeze yet (thats next week. :wink:) It's a pretty mixed session, combining yoga, aerial work, mat work, tightrope etc. I'm well into it, and its a full on upper body and core strength workout.

what induces said eye/stalk event?

Ah, that would be telling  :wink:, suffice to say, compared to the wall, theres more women  :) , they are more bendy :D and they wear tighter clothes  :wink: ....but then so do some of the men :shock:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#93 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 11:11:37 am
You need to start standing at the back in yoga  :8) Take a leaf out of Andy's book, you ain't gonna see nothing from the front  :lol:

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#94 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 11:48:14 am
:wink:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#95 I've just been to...
January 27, 2006, 12:17:28 pm
We do yoga in a mirrored studio, so doesn't matter where you stand.

That circus stuff sounds like fun, is a unitard compulsory? G/F is trying to convince me trampolining will be fun, especially for snowboard jumping skills, but I remain unconvinced after hobbling myself on one when I was about 15. It still aches in cold weather. :(

BenF

• forum hero
#96 I've just been to...
January 29, 2006, 12:32:20 pm
Sorry but I'm going to drag this thread away from yoga (not that I'm dissing yoga) back to it's roots.   :idea:  

The weather is mint as fuck, so where has everyone been getting injured this weekend?

I was down at Porth Ysgo yesterday and it was far too warm, but obviously a fantastic day of climbing was had by all.  Tides were perfect, little breeze, loads of sunshine and a big crew of people to take the piss out of while resting.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#97 I've just been to...
January 29, 2006, 02:19:05 pm
Working nights  :cry:

andy_e

• forum hero
#98 I've just been to...
January 29, 2006, 07:11:17 pm
Saturday saw beautiful weather but a stupidly strong wind at Wimberry, aka Windberry, so we escaped to Hobson Moor where I flashed all the up-problems except one B5 I got second go, and the traverse which isn't on the back wall. Sorted!

Today was another Brownstones session, where I met clm (finally) and did two more 6as, as well as findng some great knowledge for Lifeline, and more skin will see me do that problem!

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#99 I've just been to...
January 29, 2006, 07:20:34 pm
I had an interview yesterday, followed by a day doing work today. Joy. How glad am I that I decided to go out to Ilkley in the sleet on Friday? On the up side, in between the showers I did a little thing at Rocky Valley called Sweet Dreams Sit start which I thought was, umm, "accessible" for a V11. Get it while it's hot.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal