UKBouldering.com

Piss Higgar (Read 3769 times)

Shaun

• regular
Piss Higgar
November 05, 2005, 01:11:46 pm
Ive been trying this for ages. What am I doing wrong? From slopers start: rh to sloper, Lf in pocket, RF under roof, match sloper, Lf out of pocket along crease, Rf on lip. Heave and slap Rh top. Fall off. Swear.

Ive ben told that you can mantle from the starting holds, but Im shit at mantles and Im determined to go via the slopers.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#1 Piss Higgar
November 05, 2005, 01:35:18 pm
when i did it i followed your beta up to getting your right foot up over the lip, but then slapped for the top with my left hand (the good bit of top out and left)
I tried manteling with my left but couldnt stick the top when slapping with my R.

dan

Shaun

• regular
#2 Piss Higgar
November 05, 2005, 02:01:07 pm
Cheers Dan I'll give it a go but it looks a long way. Shaun

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#3 Piss Higgar
November 05, 2005, 04:05:03 pm
the mantel is the easiest way (althought not that easy as I always fall off the top).
Rh on sloper, RF high on smear near lip, rock onto it, invert LH and start to initiate mantel, keep rocking until L arm is fully extended and R leg is nearly straight, reach over to top with RH.
I have slapped the top quite a few times on shit, need to have more control

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Piss Higgar
November 05, 2005, 06:59:05 pm
Mo details, match on neb, slap up with right. pull up and put right foot on poor smear right of neb, and rock onto it to gain height. turn your left hand into the palm, rotating fingers away from yourself. Lift your left leg over the palm and try to get your weight directly over it, pushing up with arm until elbow is locked straight. If you get it right you can then put your right foot next to your left hand and walk off, no slap required.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#5 Piss Higgar
November 05, 2005, 07:58:23 pm
That sounds piss when you say it like that. I bet it's a shit load harder when you link into it from the back of the roof.

BenF

• forum hero
#6 Piss Higgar
November 06, 2005, 10:18:36 am
Well, since Simon has started it...   that mantel just to the left is pretty sick huh?  And there is a really pooh problem further left again.

Bored sigh. (As opposed to a bored Si).

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#7 Re: Piss Higgar
May 20, 2012, 10:36:14 pm
sorry to drag this up but came up first in the search thingy.
 anyone got any beta for someone with legs? im 6 footish and found trying to get my RF high on near the lip was just never going to happen, most things i tried seemed to bunched.
again sorry for dragging this up, any ideas?
EDIT: oh, i hate mantels too and they are 3X harder for the tall......

dave

#8 Re: Piss Higgar
May 20, 2012, 11:04:19 pm
You're going to have to get your foot up there bud, i'm 6foot and its the only way i found to do it. Jump it up.

T_B

• forum hero
#9 Re: Piss Higgar
May 21, 2012, 08:35:32 am
Wot Dave said. Get stretching those hips  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal