UKBouldering.com

Another lancs video... (Read 2619 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Another lancs video...
April 05, 2005, 01:54:43 am
I enjoyed making the first one so much, I rang up Charlene from down the road to have a crack at making another... so here's my second baby.

Digital baby that is. Easier to feed. Click the mouse and it feeds direct from your hard disk. Providing you've saved it first. You might need nappies for that though.

Oh dear, it's getting late. I wonder if that will make any sense in the morning? Anyway, yes, here's another extremely amateur video that hopefully shows some of the passion with which it was made. Oh yes. As much passion as ferraris have horses. They are horses aren't they? I guess they'd have to aim for a different clientele if they were boasting about 300ponypower.

So, passion. And lemsip. Important ingredients. And a cheesy ending (I couldn't resist). I'd like to thank Koko Taylor, Leadbelly, Muddy Waters and of course Jimi Hendrix for their sterling contributions. And of course my bro, who plays himself so convincincly.

(right click and save target)

Now I really must go to bed.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Another lancs video...
April 05, 2005, 10:33:03 am
Will have a view when I get home...

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#2 Another lancs video...
April 05, 2005, 10:39:10 am
Much better effort this time guys, particularly enjoyed the forest stills, nice touch! Pity the venues/rock look a bit uninspiring as the problems look wicked! Keep up the good work!

MB

• regular
#3 Another lancs video...
April 09, 2005, 12:04:07 pm
Nice vid. Looks quite a cool problem also. Is that in the quarry with the big red wall?

r-man

• forum hero
#4 Another lancs video...
April 09, 2005, 02:09:52 pm
Yeah, it's a funky little problem. There are a few others on the same block as well. You can see some chalk on the arete over to the left- that would be good from a sitstart. Also straight up from the obvious hold in the centre would be good...

And yes, it is the quarry with the red wall:

MB

• regular
#5 Another lancs video...
April 09, 2005, 02:59:25 pm
You have given that red wall alot of cleaning considering what it looked like.

Whats the next move after the slot?
Anyone close yet?

r-man

• forum hero
#6 Another lancs video...
April 09, 2005, 06:01:17 pm
You have given that red wall alot of cleaning considering what it looked like.

Well, I've removed vegetation and brushed all the holds I can reach, though I think the main reason it looks better is cos it's now usually dry.

Whats the next move after the slot?
Anyone close yet?

The slot isn't very positive, more of a sloper, though I think someone of average height would probably be able to reach it statically (my bro is quite small). The first good hold is maybe half a metre above that slot, maybe a bit less, and the rest should be fairly easy. Dunno what the move to it is like. It should all go from a sitstart as well. No, no-one has got close, but then no-one except my bro has tried it yet! I'm keeping off it till I'm fully better, tempting though it is.

Miniowls

#7 Another lancs video...
April 09, 2005, 06:53:59 pm
really enjoyed the video keep up the good work  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal