UKBouldering.com

the bouldering scene (Read 20025 times)

BoulderHog

• addict
#100 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 12:57:27 am
Reading my way through all of this, I would have to say that Pantontino makes so much sense, all reasonable stuff, clear and concise. Si's answer on the other hand is a sprawling and changeable mess. I'm sure you are very angry Si, but there is such a simple way to fix all of this - either stop publicising yourself and keep quiet, or prove your claims. If you don't like it then tough, cos this is the climbing community and you would get the same response anywhere in the world (and in many places you would get worse treatment than simply being asked for proof of your claims).

To FOAM - please read through all this again, and decide who is being unreasonable and evasive - and abusive at that, and don't be so quick to apologise for such unfair treatment you think Si has received - I would expect the same level of doubt if in Si's position, is there anyone out there who wouldn't?

T Nagler

• player
#101 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 01:32:34 am
Quote from: "ian h"
Quote from: "T Nagler"
cheers si, Ill be in contact if I'm in the area.

so in other words trev you wont be getting in contact  :wink:

I am actually considering a trip at some point!  Fucking long way though! :shock:

Take it your not up for the journy?

Si O'Conor

• player
    • http://www.se7en-x.com/oops/
#102 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 03:05:03 am

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#103 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 08:07:38 am
Quote from: "Fingers of a Martyr"
painfully predictable as ever dave...

Funny, I was going to say the same thing about your response Martyr.

dave

#104 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 09:36:42 am
hey si, no wonder you don't like the peak, since you apparently came all the way down here recently only to try the most shitty problem here, bo' groove. the logic begind that leaves me somewhat baffled.

You say its up to us to come up to syke to see your things. Why the hell should it be our job to prove you right? If you wanna be taken seriously, then thats your job. If you wanna be the wellknown well reported superstar who's everyone believes (like klem, nicole, sharma etc) then you've got to put the ground work in like they do. However if you wanna be the strong silent type that care not whateveryone else thinks and only is in it for the personal experience then fine, just don't report these things (cos presumably it wont matter to you) and dont expect to be automatically believed. True strong silent lowkey types go round doing their thing and only receive the recognition years later when it comes to light what they were capable of (clifford, birch etc). If you want that recognition now (which it seems you do, or you wouldn't be on here arguing about it) then you've got to play the game. Sharma and klem etc are trusted implicitly because they have a track record of going al over the world doing the hardest things, indeed that is how they know how hard their hardest things are. Theres no other 8c pimps in the world who havent proved themself globally before getting credibilty, other than you, yet you demand respect and credibility.

Respect is earnt, not demanded, and for most people with a descerning eye you've not yet done anything to earn that respect from your pears. If you don't care, then fair enough,, but if you wanna be that repected superstar then do the work, we can;t do it for you.

So in short, either put up or shut up. Your choice. Either play the game or shut the fuck up whinging, cos its only your own doing. You've made the bed, you lie in it. Its up to you.

And to prem-empt your reply of "och eye, wee lad i'll tear you a new asshole etc etc" save it, cos i've heard it all before, and since you're never going to be in the peak i doubt you've be able to tear me a new eliminate, nevermind a new asshole.

P.S. are you even scottish?

Mr.Burns

• stalker
#105 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 11:01:56 am
Well said Dave!!!

Come on Si show us what you've got, prove me wrong cos I don't believe a word you say! Lets see you on Walk away SS if you think you can climb V15

As for your pathetic threats of rape and ripping arseholes, fucking try it!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#106 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 11:05:52 am
Quit the macho posturing everyone, and keep it civil or we're going lockdown again - this has been a good topic so far without all that shit.

Mr.Burns

• stalker
#107 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 11:07:30 am
Sorry Bubba  :oops:

Si O'Conor

• player
    • http://www.se7en-x.com/oops/
#108 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 01:04:12 pm

Clankin'

#109 the bouldering scene
October 18, 2004, 03:59:04 pm
Has anyone seen that film called Shattered Glass?  I think it was shot around 2001

here is a briesf summary, but you have to see the film for the full effect.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323944/

make sure and read the plot outline, to say sound familiar sould be too obvious, but anyway does it sound familliar?

Remember this is a true story, and so is Shattered Glass BTW

tc

• junky
#110 the bouldering scene
October 19, 2004, 12:17:21 pm
Well, that's it for me. I've had enough of the peurile jibes, the rants, the smokescreens and the macho posturing. I'm going climbing. I have no futher questions m'lud  :cry:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#111 the bouldering scene
October 19, 2004, 04:13:03 pm
I thought you were going to say you were off to stare at the sea again Tim :wink: .

tc

• junky
#112 the bouldering scene
October 19, 2004, 09:43:32 pm
I am. A sea of gritstone breaking like a wave upon the moors (ahem!) Not touched the stuff for a while. Time I did.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#113 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 07:07:22 am
This is puerile, egotistic bullshit - if you don't want to believe Si, then don't. But don't continually attack him on this forum. It's cheap and low.

What difference do Si's claims make to your life?

And the answer is: fuck all.

Do I believe Si? I don't really care, but I applaud the man for continually replying to his detractors, and, largely, maintaining his sense of humour. I would have told y'all to fuck off, and left.

dave

#114 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 09:26:57 am
i think you'll find no-one is actually "attacking Si" (in fact quite the opposite), instead people are welcoming the chance for him to clear things up, a bit of explanation and clarity, and instead he flies off the handle and threatens people. Would you want to drive 150hours to sleep on this man's floor? I think not. :shock:  :?  :wink:

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#115 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 09:46:08 am
Due to the shit weather, I've just had the misfortune of reading this whole thread.

My conclusion is....WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Si is doing his thing, and enjoying himself climbing like we all should. He gains no financial advantage from claiming big numbers like many other sponsored heroes, so what good does it do him to lie? If he's doing the stuff he claims, good for him! If he isn't, then good for him!

All this manly willy-waving and posturing about whos done what, and who hasn't seems ridiculous. Why the hell should climbers have to prove themselves to their piers? At some point in our lives we may all climb with Si, or see him out climbing......at which point we can form our own opinion on his abilities if thats the sort of thing you need to do. Ranting and bitching on the web is fruitless and more than a little pathetic.

Trying to defend yourself on forums such as this is a thankless task, and you can never win, as I think Si may have discovered.

The bottom line is, if you claim routes or problems you haven't done you end up looking like a twat when you get found out (which you surely will - karma and all that)! There is no need for us all to descend to the sort of nasty posting that has gone on on the previous 8 pages as this makes us all look like twats!

Like the grades of things matter anyway? Surely we all climb because we like it, not as an exercise in number ticking and one-upmanship? And if the grades mean that much, I suggest we look a little more closely at our motivation for climbing in the first place.

8a.nu scorecards are the devils work. If you've got one, I suggest you erase it. What a load of egotistical bollocks. Think how much more you could do on the crag if you didn't have to fill in your cyber scorecard every day in order to satisfy yourself that Johnny Bloc in France isn't as strong as you! No wonder people feel the need to inflate grades and lie in order to improve their ranking...........

Less posting and more climbing - thats what I'd like to see. (and less rain!)

Scouse D

• forum hero
#116 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 09:53:48 am
I fully agree percy and hope that people will stop going on and on and on about it. This is not important

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#117 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 09:55:52 am
Quote from: "dom"
This is puerile, egotistic bullshit - if you don't want to believe Si, then don't. But don't continually attack him on this forum. It's cheap and low.

Peurile....
Quote from: "Si"
every other climber I know in Scotland has it, let the boxing begin but then, I cant see any of these limp wristed willy wavers actually fuckin' using it really aye Trevor

Egotistical....
If none of you are men enough to get up here, you included Panton...then I suggest you go deal with rock you are capable of cranking on & come back when youve got a bit more determination, but dont expect me to be to friendly or helpful, i dont converse well with labotomy patients..

Becuase locally, Im the playa that did this shit, becuase it beat off Sheffield raiders at the Font 7c+ stage....fuck the hard stuff

Bullshit....
theres a Banshee Ive got in arm lock, screamin & fighting, & an axe in the other hand, & you guys ahead of me, & I dont know who I should swing the blade at first....

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
#118 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 09:59:11 am
Quote from: "Scouse D"
This is not important

Obviously some people do find it important otherwise this thread wouldn't be on its eighth page.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#119 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 10:00:13 am
obviously :roll:

T.H.

• obsessive maniac
#120 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 11:12:12 am
:crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#121 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 11:37:12 am
Quote from: "Percy B"
(and less rain!)

Amen to that, but make that:
AND LESS RAIN
forcast looks pretty shite for next couple of days  :cry:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#122 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 12:14:28 pm
And a small gliimer of hope appears on the horizon http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0001

Danny

• junky
#123 the bouldering scene
October 20, 2004, 07:20:29 pm
I'll drink to that Percy.

STOP ALL THE SODDING BIATCHIN' FFS

people seriously need to chill, climb, drink whatever...

Thats my 2p.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal