UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 357 19th December - 25th December 2016 (Read 17725 times)

measles23

• stalker
Just got back from outlaws...

M- 1. BM2k max hangs 1/2 crimp on small crimps: 10 sets up to +55x3s
     2. BM2k max hangs full crimp on small crimps: 10 sets up to +40x10s
     Fracture clinic = first x-Rays look fine; permission to deadlift light weights yyfy
T-  1. Weighted pullups: 8 sets up to 50x2
     2. Rockrings max hangs 1-arm 3 finger drag: 8 sets up to +5x6s
W- 1. BM2k max hangs 1/2 crimp on small crimps: 9 sets up to +55x2s
     2. BM2k max hangs full crimp on small crimps: 9 sets up to +55x3s
T-  Rest
     Physio - less keen than orthopod for me to lift; permission retracted to BW only  >:(
F-  1. BM2k 1-arm pulley-assist max hangs full crimp on small crimp: 9 sets up to -15x6s
     2. 1-armers: 3 sets per side of singles
     3. DL: 4 sets 0x10
S-  Rest
S-  Rest, food, drink, Christmas innit

After 7 weeks this feels like the end of high frequency deadhanging; have reached plateau and am starting to degrade, so going to shock the system by resting...

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
     2. BM2k max hangs full crimp on small crimps: 9 sets up to +55x3s

Is that with 55kg added on a full crimp? You beast, I think my tendons just exploded reading that...  :ohmy:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
+55kg max hangs, now apparently known as "moosing it" (after the SI unit of useless dead-weight):

https://www.facebook.com/ally.smith.79025/posts/10154757576335600?comment_id=10154758709150600&reply_comment_id=10154758824065600&notif_t=mentions_comment&notif_id=1483025562812065

Haha, I saw that yesterday.

18mm edge is quite different to what measles is hanging, aren't the beastmaker small crimps about 8mm? Crazy...

Murph

• forum abuser

18mm edge is quite different to what measles is hanging, aren't the beastmaker small crimps about 8mm? Crazy...

The BM1k small crimps are more like 14mm. The small crimps on 2k are pretty much the same size if not a little bigger.

something on reddit showing the 1k hold sizes

Still reckon measles should post his powerclub entries straight into legendary strength.

measles23

• stalker

The BM1k small crimps are more like 14mm. The small crimps on 2k are pretty much the same size if not a little bigger.

something on reddit showing the 1k hold sizes

Still reckon measles should post his powerclub entries straight into legendary strength.

Yeah but... 3s = no lift! (Zippy's very strict about that...)

That farcebook link didn't work for me - what was it about Moose?

BM2k smalls are about 15mm - comparing 1k and 2k side by side at Stoke AW they seemed to measure exactly the same; the bevel on the 2k v slightly more positive, although it's not on my boards at home  :shrug: - Nick I would say I felt the 1k smalls slightly easier to hang because the rest of my hand stabilised on the area of board below the hold; on the 2k there's just space below the hold - prob just a marginal difference, and maybe strict technique could avoid it?

Anyhoos the gold standard must be one arming the fuckers, which I'm a ways off yet - can easily do it open handed, but still needed 6kg pulley assist last time I checked on full or half crimp - quite a few people have/can do this...

Murph

• forum abuser
Anyhoos the gold standard must be one arming the fuckers, which I'm a ways off yet - can easily do it open handed, but still needed 6kg pulley assist last time I checked on full or half crimp - quite a few people have/can do this...

One arming the small BM holds using a crimp, not a drag!? Do you realize how off the scale that is?

Just my opinion Matt - but it is very off the scale. 8A+ at least. Bodyweight from the big middle hold on the 2k is braggable enough.

Fair play on the open hand work. Shame it's crimp or jog on these days. Here, look at Chris W-P tell it like it is:

Wish I had seen that a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

measles23

• stalker
Just my opinion Matt - but it is very off the scale. 8A+ at least. Bodyweight from the big middle hold on the 2k is braggable enough.

When the scale goes up to 9A, 8A+ ain't off it! Still loving the idea of grading hangs; the BM guys used to have a graded list of hanging feats but I can't find it now :(

Don't tell Lore that open handed is out tho :spank: one arming the small crimp is piss compared to right eye +20

How's the campussing?

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
That farcebook link didn't work for me - what was it about Moose?

It's Ally Smith doing a +55kg weighted deadhang on an 18mm edge. The joke being that it is apparently moose's weight...

One arming the small BM holds using a crimp, not a drag!? Do you realize how off the scale that is?

Rich makes it look easy...

Murph

• forum abuser
It's Ally Smith doing a +55kg weighted deadhang on an 18mm edge. The joke being that it is apparently moose's weight...
Impressive, but achievable.

Rich makes it look easy...
Extra-terrestrial. Not in this lifetime...

What grade? ;)

Murph

• forum abuser
How's the campussing?

Hi Matt - it's back to basics at the moment. Working on shoulder strength/stability. it's the weak link in the chain apparently.

Murph

• forum abuser

the BM guys used to have a graded list of hanging feats but I can't find it now :(

This the one?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal