UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club week 316 7th - 13th Mar 2016 (Read 16934 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
Grade mercenary  :lol:

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
Wow Shark, good effort. Temps look a little different than a few weeks ago!

Frustrating week to say the least....  especially as it was just over a week until my first climbing holiday for 10 months.

M - shoulder goes bang whilst doing PHYSIO whilst attempting to rehab shoulder (see thread in other section).
T - full rest
W - extremely light theraband
T - bit more theraband
F - soloed some short VS routes to see how shoulder felt. (Historically my tendon injuries have responded well with climbing)
S - chill day bat horseshoe to test it, 6a+, 6b+/c, 7a, 6c+ (fell off going wrong way). Shoulder felt amazing!
S - chill day at burbage south, os 6B then did a 6C traverse that was put up recently

2 days off since and it bloody hurts again
6 days to go....

Goals for trip revised to onsighting 7a and rp 7b+, though I'd be happy with being able to climb and my shoulder not exploding :)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
1%. Maybe less.

So you're telling me there's a chance...
;D
To be honest Sasq, I think that my chances are a little bit bigger than that!
My post was an insider joke for my good friend Filz, who had joked about the "infinite potential" of that area. Some people use to say that it's been discovered and climbed 1% of the potential there, while to me it's pretty obvious that it's more like 99%!
So we often joke about that 1%.

webbo

• forum hero
Mon. Looking after poorly grandson. Dumbbell workout while he was having a nap.
Tues. Back to see consultant operation has gone well and wound healing nicely. First night in 8 weeks without having to go to bed in a giant ski boot.
Wed. Dumbbells and deadhanging 7sec hangs with 16 lbs added. 5 sets of crusher repeaters with 16 lbs 2 mins between each set.
Thu. Walked to post office first time out with no crutches.
Fri. Same as wed.
Sat. Turbo 20 mins in lowest gear heart rate up to 150 :o Drove car for first time in 8 weeks.
Sun. Walked round Kirkby Moorside with the missus.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
Had good week as climbed on rock!

Monday and Tuesday: Did some training on fingerboard
Wed: rest
Thurs: drove to Heathrow and flew to Spain
Friday -  Monday
Had 3 great days in Siurana and one wet morning.  Such a great bunch of people (some off here and some not),  laughter and good atmosphere  all day and evening. Ended up onsighting mostly which in hindsight was the opposite to my plans but whatever.  Did routes up to 6c+ (that wasn't an onsight) and loved the area. So much to go at.

Hopefully I can get out last call somewhere and get on some projects as I must be fitter than before  I went. 

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
1%. Maybe less.

So you're telling me there's a chance...
;D
To be honest Sasq, I think that my chances are a little bit bigger than that!
My post was an insider joke for my good friend Filz, who had joked about the "infinite potential" of that area. Some people use to say that it's been discovered and climbed 1% of the potential there, while to me it's pretty obvious that it's more like 99%!
So we often joke about that 1%.
We see the same thing over and over at our local areas.  We'll think they're tapped out, but then a new set of eyes finds new problems all over the place.  It one reason I love taking new people out. 

Mine was just a movie quote...

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
 ;D
Sorry didn't get it...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal